Main Camp Day 6 (Reports and Discussion)

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB 2m

No glen January at bomber practice??!!!

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 8m

#Bombers not practicing: Sears(thigh?), Washington(?), West(?), Kemp(?), Vega x2(hip flex), M.Renaud x2(back), Ford x3(ham) cont...

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 8m

... Kuale x2(ankle), Briggs x4(shoulder), Alexander x3(calf), Watson x5(ham), Swiston x6(shoulder) #Bombers

I wonder if all these 'injuries' are an informal way if the players striking or 'working to rule'? That's quite common in a labour dispute.

I thought an injured player has to have a doctor say that he's actually injured in order for him to be listed as injured?  I guess they could still fake the injury to a certain point.

I wonder if all these 'injuries' are an informal way if the players striking or 'working to rule'? That's quite common in a labour dispute.

I highly doubt it.  With non guaranteed contracts. These guys can't risk faking an injury and losing  their roster spot or being released.   

After the first session here are my thoughts:

-Willy has looked sharp (other than one bad sequence where he underthrew wide open TDs back to back.

-Hall and Marve should be 2-3 respectively. Brohm's struggles aren't getting any better. He's very innacurate.

-I know, I know, it's early but I predict Paris Cotton will be our staring tailback by labour day at the latest. This guy really stands out.

-Aaron Woods could be a great weapon on offense this year. He's getting open.

-Don Unamba is everywhere. Looks like a younger, faster Klint Kent with his hair covering up the #41.

-Korey Banks was among the DBs sitting out.

-I liked what I saw from Nzegwu on the d-line. He broke through and put some major pressure on the QB a few times.

-Suber has looked like an experienced veteran out there today. Great coverage, positioning, forced a fumble.

I'm sticking around for the second session so I'll give some more input later.

-Willy has looked sharp (other than one bad sequence where he underthrew wide open TDs back to back.

-Hall and Marve should be 2-3 respectively. Brohm's struggles aren't getting any better. He's very innacurate.

-I know, I know, it's early but I predict Paris Cotton will be our staring tailback by labour day at the latest. This guy really stands out.

-Don Unamba is everywhere. Looks like a younger, faster Klint Kent with his hair covering up the #41.

-I liked what I saw from Nzegwu on the d-line. He broke through and put some major pressure on the QB a few times.

-Suber has looked like an experienced veteran out there today. Great coverage, positioning, forced a fumble.

Thanks for the updates.  Being stuck in the office, I always appreciate guys who take the time to post from camp.

Your a good man! Thanks for sharing. Can you also share that ice cream in your hand ? :lol:

Watched for about an hour or so this morning:

-I was sitting near the media today. Knuckles asked "Freezer" if he was going to write something postive today. They all just laughed...

-Willy & Hall look significantly better than the other qbs. I thought Hall looked the best, but they were close. Like what JesseJames said, Willy had two bad underthrows to wide open receivers in the endzone, but otherwise looked ok.

-I think Hall's arm looks stronger this season. It's still clearly the weakest of them all, but the other guys all have very strong arms. I thought he had decent zip on his intermediate (20ish yards) throws. Not a cannon by anyways, but very passable.

-Aaron Woods does seem to be getting open, but has a weird habit of stopping & then jumping for the ball.

-Nick Moore looks good. Got open on a blitz play and had nobody between him & the goal line. Would have been a long td if they finished the play

-Our D looks like Montreal's did last season. They're all on the line prior to the snap. It's looks confusing...

-Cotton looks fast. Thought he looked better than Grigsby, but there's not much contact on the rbs so it's hard to tell for sure

-Kelly had two drops & a fumble while I was there

-Robertson & another db got lit into by a coach after a td pass. I'm not sure what they did wrong though, as it was another db who was covering the guy that scored

Edit:

-Kim Babij-Geisel & Sarah Orlesky are fairly hot in person.

-We have a lot of fatties on our coaching staff

Heard a couple of interviews on CJOB with Bryant Turner and Max Hall. (Audio Vault)

Bryant loves the new system, new DC, new veteran presence (great group of leaders), Jason Vega being back, and the idea that offences will have a hard time figuring them out. He sounds very excited. (June 5th 6:41pm)

Max Hall (who wouldn't do interviews until he felt focused) feels way more comfortable in a system that isn't patchwork, feels experience from last year was invaluable, he's in better shape, arm is stronger, excited on the new O system..knows where to go now instead of play by play adjusting, feels it's a more veteran team and  they all expect to do better, thinks O'Shea is outstanding, likes his style of coaching and feels the players will work hard for him. (June 4th 6:40pm)

Second half was all special teams.

FG kicking was pretty much even, maybe a slight edge to Maher. Hajrulahu missed a short one.

Punting was pretty much even, maybe a slight edge to Hajrullahu. He seemed to have more hang time.

Kickoffs were pretty much even. Both guys were getting good distance on their kicks on a consistent basis which is something we haven't seen here over the past how many years.

All of this "pretty much even" stuff is not good for the Yankee.

And here I was under the impression that it was a loud shirt unbuttoned to the navel with 4 pounds of gold jewelry around the neck that did it. Along with a liter of Brut.

Make sure you studs wear your super hero shirts when you're creeping on married women so they'll be SUPER impressed by you....