Kris Robertson Signs

Bombers have signed Kris Robertson. Wow do we have alot of competition for NI DB's.

Who will prevail at Corner and Safety?

Alexander - Starting Corner? Jones or Robertson backing up?

Bucknor - Back up Safety? Newman?

How do we see this unfolding in camp?

This is a great situation to have. Depth and competition is a great thing. I could see Bombers hiding Robertson on the 9 game IR this season as he's a rookie who will need some time to get used to the CFL game. Could be a contributor mid season or next year.

Very happy to hear that Robertson has signed, kid has energy and athleticism. Not sure if he'd be a starter this season, but a back-up corner and special teamer is more likely, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Very happy to hear that Robertson has signed, kid has energy and athleticism. Not sure if he'd be a starter this season, but a back-up corner and special teamer is more likely, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I was excited to see him play last season... very disappointed by the pre-season injury

Agreed, even he was so excited about camp last season, which made me feel worse for him when he sustained his injury.

I was excited to see him play last season... very disappointed by the pre-season injury

Agreed, even he was so excited about camp last season, which made me feel worse for him when he sustained his injury.

As I haven't seen him play and how he handles himself, any worries about his size (I saw he was listed at 5'9) when playing in the CFL?

As I haven't seen him play and how he handles himself, any worries about his size (I saw he was listed at 5'9) when playing in the CFL?

His athleticism and speed can make up for a lot, but then again who knows. 

It seems to me that this may be the best group of NIs at training camp that we've had for some years.

I hope you're right but we're still thin at Rec and O-line is obviously a big question mark.... On the defensive side we definitely have a lot of talented DBs coming to camp but no real NI upgrades in the front 7... hopefully I'm proved wrong!

It seems to me that this may be the best group of NIs at training camp that we've had for some years.

It's nice to have some talented NI defensive backs but our NI talent is still horrific. In fact, without Henoc & Labbe you could unfortunately say we've downgraded from last year. 

It's not a knock on Walters though, he's done all he could. It's tough to re-build a team over one winter.

It's nice to have some talented NI defensive backs but our NI talent is still horrific. In fact, without Henoc & Labbe you could unfortunately say we've downgraded from last year. 

It's not a knock on Walters though, he's done all he could. It's tough to re-build a team over one winter.

A Canuck middle linebacker is rare enough, but an outstanding one is even more so. He was a ratio-breaker, and we can only hope he will be back.