Roughriders Over Cap in 2013

Rich

I would prefer some meaningful slap.

The idea of moving down the draft makes sense. The drop for each 10K sounds right. But it would have to be in the 1st round.

There seemed to be a conscious effort, with deferred payments, to keep the overage as low as possible.

There should be more of a fitting punishment.

Something like how we're punished when we have to listen to their blathering.

Or it that too harsh?

I think the punishment for going over the cap should be that the teams play by play man for the season is Rod Black.

nah, make it something truly painful: They have to sit and listen to Iso and Nate talk about how everything WBB was great in 1965, Osborne Stadium was better than anything currently in the league, and that they wore onions on their belt...

its $17k... no big deal... as if you're going to take away a draft pick for $17k....  basically, they are over the cap because they had to payout grey cup bonuses - all teams should operate like this

league pays for playoff bonuses not teams. They are over the cap because they spent too much on player salaries plain and simple. 

I think the punishment for going over the cap should be that the teams play by play man for the season is Rod Black.

nah, make it something truly painful: They have to sit and listen to Iso and Nate talk about how everything WBB was great in 1965, Osborne Stadium was better than anything currently in the league, and that they wore onions on their belt...

Well, Noeller. At least I've seen the Bombers win a Grey Cup unlike you. ;) I never went to Osborne Stadium as that was before my time. By the pictures I've seen, it looked like an interesting place, though. 

its $17k... no big deal... as if you're going to take away a draft pick for $17k....  basically, they are over the cap because they had to payout grey cup bonuses - all teams should operate like this

league pays for playoff bonuses not teams. They are over the cap because they spent too much on player salaries plain and simple. 

Player contracts can also have bonus clauses for the playoffs.

Player contracts can also have bonus clauses for the playoffs.

They could, but if the league pays them, why insert them in a contract?  Most contracts have bonuses in regards to games played or something with regards to stats.

Well, Noeller. At least I've seen the Bombers win a Grey Cup unlike you. ;) I never went to Osborne Stadium as that was before my time. By the pictures I've seen, it looked like an interesting place, though. 

I was born in 1980...I've seen 3, ftr...still have the 1990 penant on my wall. I want a new one...

I was born in 1980...I've seen 3, ftr...still have the 1990 penant on my wall. I want a new one...

We've been good fans, don't we deserve a new one?

Yeah, but no way  that at 10 you were the fan you are now at 33 or 34. Great you have a 1990 pennant. You can't tell me that a GC victory by the Bombers wouldn't be a hugely emotional thing for you if they won now. Bigger than 1990 for you. I've been there, done that. But if I talk more about it, I'll have to bring in Nate to describe what the feeling is like when your team wins when  you actually care. Noeller, just giving you the gears, man.... ;)

sacrifices have to be pretty or they don't work

Yeah, but no way  that at 10 you were the fan you are now at 33 or 34. Great you have a 1990 pennant. You can't tell me that a GC victory by the Bombers wouldn't be a hugely emotional thing for you if they won now. Bigger than 1990 for you. I've been there, done that. But if I talk more about it, I'll have to bring in Nate to describe what the feeling is like when your team wins when  you actually care. Noeller, just giving you the gears, man.... ;)

Keep in mind, the Bombers in 1990 not only did they win the cup, it was their 3rd in 6 years, so there was almost an expectation of not only appearing in the big game, but one of winning it as well.