Max Hall

Doublezero

He showed a lot of promise but it's too early to say if he's good enough to be an eventual starter. What I liked is the last 3 games of the season he didnot throw an interception  & was good at not giving up the football. But we also need to explore other options at qb as well which is what we're doing.

Why does everyone forget this game????  This was the worst game I went to in Winnipeg.  3 minutes into the 2nd half, I went to the store, then walked to my car.

Nov 2, Hamilton 37, Wpg 7

Name         Comp   Att      Yards  TD   Int

HALL, M       18       35      160      0     1

The whole team had given up by that point. It was a nothing game and everyone played like it.

It was an absolute disgrace & a slap in every fans face.  Big part of my decision to cancel my season tickets.  I have NEVER left a game at halftime but I did that day.  Only went and stayed until halftime because I wanted to see some of my heros from the 88 cup team at half time.  James Murphy and James West.

But.. we need a lot of upgrades on the o-line and so far i haven't seen much that has changed from last year.  This concerns me.

The only things changing the o-line now that I can see:

1) Draft day we get Lavertu so now we at least have a center to develop

2) Swiston and Pencer pick it up in camp and legitimately push for starting positions, including a tackle spot

3) We bring in a decent Oline coach who can develop our young guys properly. I've seen only regression in our O-line while other teams seem to be able to develop young guys into bonafide starters. This has to change.

We really really need all of those to happen.  Maybe one of them comes true.  Hoping for #2

Lavertu has NFL aspirations. He could be another Mulamba which we can't afford... He's not even going to the CFL Evaluation Camp. He's having his own Pro Day. That kind of sends alarm bells off for me. Maybe we draft Goosen who is rated Top 5 (I believe) as we need OL badly. This is one time I'm glad we have Walters with the last word on who we draft now. 

Lavertu has NFL aspirations. He could be another Mulamba which we can't afford... He's not even going to the CFL Evaluation Camp. He's having his own Pro Day. That kind of sends alarm bells off for me. Maybe we draft Goosen who is rated Top 5 (I believe) as we need OL badly. This is one time I'm glad we have Walters with the last word on who we draft now.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has NFL aspiration and is doing his own pro day. Not Lavertu. Looks like Ottawa will now take Lavertu with the Bombers likely (in my opinion) taking Goossen.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has NFL aspiration and is doing his own pro day. Not Lavertu. Looks like Ottawa will now take Lavertu with the Bombers likely (in my opinion) taking Goossen.

Thanks for pointing that out....

This is one time I'm glad we have Walters with the last word on who we draft now. 

You know that Walters has spoken highly of Pencer right? So not like he's been opposed to every draft pick that was made. And to be perfectly honest I think too many people on this board get too worked up over the Walters wanted Edem stuff last year as well. In a draft where every highly rated prospect was getting NFL interest I don't think you can be too critical of the Bombers taking a chance on a guy that no one really expected to stick in the NFL, especially when the guy the missed out on was a safety and you'd just went and signed a NI safety in free agency. Too much revisionist history going on there. 

The honest to god truth here, is that we don't know what kind of drafting we're going to get out of Kyle Walters because there is no track record. Oh sure there's talk about he liked that guy or he liked that guy, but we just don't know what he's going to do so until there is a track record it's premature to say he's good or not. 

Lawless said Walters told him his top 3 picks are Duvernay-Tardif, Lavertu, and OL David Foucault.  So in all likelihood it will be one of those 3.

Impossible to say 100% but that'd be my guess

What round do you think Urchel will fall, 2nd round? 3rd round?

Are you talking about Penn State's John Urschel?? I would be very surprised if he was ever in the CFL...

I'm assuming this has been covered but does he even qualify for NI status?

Are you talking about Penn State's John Urschel?? I would be very surprised if he was ever in the CFL...

He would qualify if he applied for it. But he hasn't and probably doesn't plan to.

Same thing with TJ Jones from Notre Dame.

He would qualify if he applied for it. But he hasn't and probably doesn't plan to.

Same thing with TJ Jones from Notre Dame.

That's explain while their name is not on the CFL list.

Lawless said Walters told him his top 3 picks are Duvernay-Tardif, Lavertu, and OL David Foucault.  So in all likelihood it will be one of those 3.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - NFL interest and NFL opportunity. Skipping the CFL Combine. If no NFL offer appears likely returns to McGill for a 5th season.

Pierre Lavertu - likely returns to Laval for another season

David Foucault - currently making his rounds through the NFL Regional Combines.

Other OL options:

Mattias Goosen - can play C or G at the CFL level. Can't return to school so he's available for rookie camp in May. 

Aaron Picton - experience playing RT but likely a RG in the CFL

Adam Hughes - to take him second overall is a big reach but could be a consideration later as a 6'5" LG that could play the right side too. 

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - NFL interest and NFL opportunity. Skipping the CFL Combine. If no NFL offer appears likely returns to McGill for a 5th season.

Pierre Lavertu - likely returns to Laval for another season

David Foucault - currently making his rounds through the NFL Regional Combines.

Other OL options:

Mattias Goosen - can play C or G at the CFL level. Can't return to school so he's available for rookie camp in May. 

Aaron Picton - experience playing RT but likely a RG in the CFL

Adam Hughes - to take him second overall is a big reach but could be a consideration later as a 6'5" LG that could play the right side too. 

Do you have a complete list of prospects for this draft?

3-4 yrs ago, it's available onthe CFL but not anymore.

It is rumored that they will post it again this year. 

They used to do it until 2009 I believe but then stopped because agents were going through the list and trying to get the kids to sign up with them.