Max Hall

Doublezero

Pierre Lavertu - likely returns to Laval for another season

David Foucault - currently making his rounds through the NFL Regional Combines.

Other OL options:

Mattias Goosen - can play C or G at the CFL level. Can't return to school so he's available for rookie camp in May. 

Aaron Picton - experience playing RT but likely a RG in the CFL

Adam Hughes - to take him second overall is a big reach but could be a consideration later as a 6'5" LG that could play the right side too. 

Luckily we don't have a recent history of doing that  ;)

I still like Goossen's combative attitude but it will probably come down to how well the holes in both the O-line and D-line can be filled through free agency and US scouting. By my perceptions, the O-line is more of a need and more traditional for NIs to play. If only Bilikudi would come home....

Lavertu has NFL aspirations. He could be another Mulamba which we can't afford... He's not even going to the CFL Evaluation Camp. He's having his own Pro Day. That kind of sends alarm bells off for me. Maybe we draft Goosen who is rated Top 5 (I believe) as we need OL badly. This is one time I'm glad we have Walters with the last word on who we draft now.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif has NFL aspiration and is doing his own pro day. Not Lavertu. Looks like Ottawa will now take Lavertu with the Bombers likely (in my opinion) taking Goossen.

Lawless said Walters told him his top 3 picks are Duvernay-Tardif, Lavertu, and OL David Foucault.  So in all likelihood it will be one of those 3.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - NFL interest and NFL opportunity. Skipping the CFL Combine. If no NFL offer appears likely returns to McGill for a 5th season.

Pierre Lavertu - likely returns to Laval for another season

David Foucault - currently making his rounds through the NFL Regional Combines.

Other OL options:

Mattias Goosen - can play C or G at the CFL level. Can't return to school so he's available for rookie camp in May. 

Aaron Picton - experience playing RT but likely a RG in the CFL

Adam Hughes - to take him second overall is a big reach but could be a consideration later as a 6'5" LG that could play the right side too. 

Is that in his best interests? Is it simply because he has no aspirations to play in the CFL and doesn't want to risk injury?

Well he's been the #1 prospect all year. All he can do is hurt his #1 status by attending the CFL Combine so if he doesn't go then the only thing that can drop him is the NFL interest.

I'm not a fan of the move but do understand it from an agent viewpoint. 

Hey Rids ... quick question for you.

What's the deal with Aaron Picton and Sam Sabourin? I thought they were draft eligible but they're not attending the combine. Any reason?

Actually, while we're at it ... what's the deal with Karl Lavoie as well?

Well he's been the #1 prospect all year. All he can do is hurt his #1 status by attending the CFL Combine so if he doesn't go then the only thing that can drop him is the NFL interest.

I'm not a fan of the move but do understand it from an agent viewpoint. 

Gotcha, thanks.

Hey Rids ... quick question for you.

What's the deal with Aaron Picton and Sam Sabourin? I thought they were draft eligible but they're not attending the combine. Any reason?

Actually, while we're at it ... what's the deal with Karl Lavoie as well?

Aaron Picton is out. Got it sorted out this afternoon and have to fix my list. Under the old rules he would've been part of this draft class but under the new rules he's part of the 2015 Draft. Now he did have the opportunity to enter this draft like Anthony Coombs did but chose to delay. 

Sam Sabourin by all accounts should be 2014 Draft as he suited up as a freshman. As to the combine you need at least 3 CFL teams to request you to attend before they extend an invite. I would've suspected that he would've received that but perhaps it's a little gamesmanship going on. I think he's likely a 3rd round pick maybe even as high as late 2nd (picks #16 through 27)

I don't see Karl Lavoie on the opening day roster in 2010 but will dig in a little more on him.

I don't see Karl Lavoie on the opening day roster in 2010 but will dig in a little more on him.

Here's a link to his bio from the 2013 Laval media guide: http://www.rougeetor.ulaval.ca/no_cache/les_clubs/football/athletes/?user_athletesro_pi1%5Bpointer%5D=46&user_athletesro_pi1%5Bsingle%5D=1

It indicates 2013 was his 3rd year of eligibility.

There are also some articles in the French newspapers about his committing to Laval in January, 2011.