7am WBB FC Announcement -- Buck Pierce New RBs Coach

Noeller

Can we start a pool on how long it takes for someone to call into CJOB and say that O'Shea should be fired and replaced with Pierce? "Hi Bob, long time listener, first time caller...just wondering..."

I am setting the over/under at Week 9.

What's the over/under on when fans start demanding Buck to come out of retirement and become our starting QB again?

Can we start a pool on how long it takes for someone to call into CJOB and say that O'Shea should be fired and replaced with Pierce? "Hi Bob, long time listener, first time caller...just wondering..."

What's the over/under on when fans start demanding Buck to come out of retirement and become our starting QB again?

Week 1.  Average fan still thinks he's really good.

I can't even listen to the call-in portion on CJOB.... I usually think "who are these people and have they ever watched football before?"

I can't even listen to the call-in portion on CJOB.... I usually think "who are these people and have they ever watched football before?"

I think you're confused with the part where they have Friesen on the show.

The Bomber offense was better with Buck........up in the booth with the headset on, looks like a good move.

In what way? The only reason the offense may have been better is because he WASN'T on the field. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach, but whatever he contributed last year did bugger all to help Crowton. And the record speaks for that.

Good for the team and good for Buck. You can never go wrong hiring good quality people and setting them up in a position to win. Here's to what I hope is a long and successful career coaching the Blue Bombers for Buck. It would break my heart to see him spend five years apprenticing here and then watch him don the snot and white some day because he got an offer of a promotion we refused to match, just like seeing Khari in snot and white made me vomit every time I saw it.

Good for the team and good for Buck. You can never go wrong hiring good quality people and setting them up in a position to win. Here's to what I hope is a long and successful career coaching the Blue Bombers for Buck. It would break my heart to see him spend five years apprenticing here and then watch him don the snot and white some day because he got an offer of a promotion we refused to match, just like seeing Khari in snot and white made me vomit every time I saw it.

Yup I agree 100% seeing jones on the riders sideline was painful.

Said to Dave this morning...this Buck move is great, if only to not "Khari-Up" the situation. Disgusts me to see KJ17 in another team's colours.

The first time Drew Willy failures the CjoB listeners will be flooding the lines with calls for Buck to suit up. Mark my words.

Lawless is a columnist. He doesn't hide behind it. In his position with the paper, radio and TV he is there to give his opinion and dig up scoops. He does his job very well.

Funny though, I always found him more of a football guy and less knowledgable about hockey. But he's come a long way. He also admits when he's wrong or has a change of heart.

As a fan of Walters I am sure lawless will be very pro Bombers this season. He does not expect them to be very competitive either so I'm sure he will be positive this season.

Cheers to the Bombers for getting this done and in a timely fashion.

I still believe that most fans wanted to cheer for Buck, but, circumstances prevented that from happening.

This audible corrects that.

And as far as RB coach? Why not?, I've certainly seen Buck had plenty of experience at running.

Cheers to the Bombers for getting this done and in a timely fashion.

I still believe that most fans wanted to cheer for Buck, but, circumstances prevented that from happening.

This audible corrects that.

And as far as RB coach? Why not?, I've certainly seen Buck has plenty of experience at running.

Clearly this is an entry level position to learn what goes into coaching on the offense. You have to start somewhere. I know some people would like to see Buck walk into an OC job but that would be just setting him up to fail. Baby steps.

I really like this move.  It allows Buck to learn the ropes and develop his coaching skills. Will it lead to bigger and better things?  We'll just have to wait and see on that.  

But I like the idea of having a good mix of ex CFL players on the coaching staff as it brings some credibility vs.  continually hiring from the NCAA ranks.  The players look at these guys and say they played the game vs. a guy who's pretty much been a career coach since  his NCAA career ended.   

Great news to hear, was expecting Buck to be an offensive assistant or something like that, but just happy to hear that Buck is back where he belongs.

As for Lawless the two things that bother me the most about him are that #1. he seems to flip flop a lot, one day he'll have this opinion the next it's a different one on the same situation. #2. Has no idea how to ask questions, seems to forget 2 words in what he's talking about, confusing as heck to hear him ask a question or even talk to someone on 1290.

Like this.  I've never had a problem with Buck from a leadership standpoint.  He comes across when you talk to him, as a leader. 

It's that dogged pursuit of holding onto the ball way too long and getting concussed senseless; all the while coming back for more and more that I tired of.  Happy for Buck, and hoping he can transition into the coaching ranks.

Buck, O'Shea, and Walters were all at the Rifles winter camp a couple of weeks ago.  Buck was guest coaching with the runningbacks with Rifle running back coach and former Bomber Brett McNeil.  O'Shea and Walters were scouting out a couple of young prospects.  Naturally they spent some time chatting.

Winnipeg's football community is quite tight.   There are always lots of conversations taking place.

The Bomber offense was better with Buck........up in the booth with the headset on, looks like a good move.

In what way? The only reason the offense may have been better is because he WASN'T on the field. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach, but whatever he contributed last year did bugger all to help Crowton. And the record speaks for that.

lol, how could you possibly get the joke but not get it?

lol, how could you possibly get the joke but not get it?

Give me a break on that one. You don't joke very often.