The mastery of Marcel Desjardins continues...

Mr. Perfect

I don't understand the hate for the guy... I don't want Ottawa to tank badly mainly because the CFL really could use the extra team.     I do find it funny that people go crazy because he signed some TCF yet when we sign guys like that it's no big deal.  

Need I remind everyone that we signed crap for coaches and some great FA's along some dumpy FA's.      

Need I remind everyone that we signed crap for coaches and some great FA's along some dumpy FA's.      

We extend an invitation to you Brandon, to participate in this year's training camp, starting Sunday June 1st.

Sincerely,

Mike O'Shea - Head Coach

Marcel Bellefeuille - Offensive Coordinator

Markus Howell  - Wide Receivers Coach

Gene Dahlquist - Quarterbacks Coach

Gary Etcheverry - Defensive Coordinator

Nelson Martin - Defensive Backs Coach

Mike Scheper - Defensive Line Coach

Pat Tracey - Special Teams Coordinator

He was so bad in Hamilton. Just how did he get that job in Ottawa, Zontar?

It's the CFL. How does anyone get hired ? Kavis Reed kept getting hired. Daley keeps getting hired. Reinbold is working here. You can be head coach, coach or a GM with a thin or even non existent CFL resume .

It's the CFL. How does anyone get hired ? Kavis Reed kept getting hired. Daley keeps getting hired. Reinbold is working here. You can be head coach, coach or a GM with a thin or even non existent CFL resume .

That reminds me...Reinbold was one of the commentators for the Superbowl for the European channel I was partially watching online.  It was really weird to see him there.

I hope that franchise crashes and burns. To come out of the gate taking shots at other teams (i.e. us) and then pull that dooshbag move on Kevin Glenn is appalling. 

I hope they give Kevin away for nothing and then Burris flames out. Middle finger to the #COCKBLOCKS

'douchebag'

I think the MD hate mostly comes from his line on why he took Kolhert, "take a look at there roster," since he was a FA. Although many agree he was probably right you are not going to allow an outsider to take pot shots.

Nah the guy was a goof before that. Some of us remember all the hype he went to Hamilton with and that team sucked then. The only good thing he did in Hamilton was sign Printers to that monstrosity of a contract which prevented Taman from getting him. 

I think the MD hate mostly comes from his line on why he took Kolhert, "take a look at there roster," since he was a FA. Although many agree he was probably right you are not going to allow an outsider to take pot shots.

Nah the guy was a goof before that. Some of us remember all the hype he went to Hamilton with and that team sucked then. The only good thing he did in Hamilton was sign Printers to that monstrosity of a contract which prevented Taman from getting him. 

That deal went down as Desjardins was being let go and Obie brought in. The Holmes, Flick, Smith, Getzlaf are enough zits on MD's watch to warrant condemnation or "hate".

That deal went down as Desjardins was being let go and Obie brought in. The Holmes, Flick, Smith, Getzlaf are enough zits on MD's watch to warrant condemnation or "hate".

Wow. Forgot about Holmes and Flick. You can add Ranek to that list as well.

That reminds me...Reinbold was one of the commentators for the Superbowl for the European channel I was partially watching online.  It was really weird to see him there.

Yeah he was also commentating on the NFL playoff games as well for that channel. It was weird to see him on there, especially when they asked him about his coaching experience and if there were any regrets with decisions he had made in taking coaching jobs, and he answered immediately: "Winnipeg".

With all the venom being spat at the Ottawa GM, it will be very interesting to revisit this topic after Labour Day to see who has thrown together the better mix- the Bombers or the RedBlacks.

Wouldnt change the fact he was simply a horrible GM when he was here and deserves criticism for that. What other standard is there to judge him by ?

I'll actually never understand how Reed and Daley continue to get hired. Reinebold obviously bombed big time here, but he's a good x's and o's type of guy, so long as he's not at the top making the big decisions, IMO any team would be fine.

I hope that franchise crashes and burns. To come out of the gate taking shots at other teams (i.e. us) and then pull that dooshbag move on Kevin Glenn is appalling. 

I hope they give Kevin away for nothing and then Burris flames out. Middle finger to the #COCKBLOCKS

They took shots at us ??

As far as the whole KG situation, Burris became available, should they not try and improve the team even at the expense of hurting someone's feelings ?

They took shots at us ??

As far as the whole KG situation, Burris became available, should they not try and improve the team even at the expense of hurting someone's feelings ?

Seeing as they're not going to win it all in the next little while and seeing as they already had a capable QB to play while they developed another one, it made no sense to throw that kind of money at a 39 yr. old QB.

Far better to spread that money over 2 or even 3 FAs that could have helped their team more than the marginal difference between Henry and Kevin, IMO.

They took shots at us ??

Seeing as they're not going to win it all in the next little while and seeing as they already had a capable QB to play while they developed another one, it made no sense to throw that kind of money at a 39 yr. old QB.

Far better to spread that money over 2 or even 3 FAs that could have helped their team more than the marginal difference between Henry and Kevin, IMO.

How many years were left with Glenn contract and also Burris is much more mobile and durable so I can see the upgrade.

QB is the most important part its much more important to sign an elite QB then two or three fringe free agents.

They took shots at us ??

Burris is an upgrade over Glenn it's just that simple. I'm sure the redblacks brass wants to be as competitive as possible right now, developing Faulkner and Demarco as they go along.

This sounds a lot more like souring grapes for losing out on Burris.

I'm not sure why people think Kavis Reed is a horrible coach. I actually thought he did a pretty good job here in 2010.

Sucked in Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Saskatchewan, early in 2010 (then the defense got better) and as the Head Coach of the Edmonton Eskimos, nuff said.

QB is the most important part its much more important to sign an elite QB then two or three fringe free agents.

Burris is an upgrade over Glenn it's just that simple. I'm sure the redblacks brass wants to be as competitive as possible right now, developing Faulkner and Demarco as they go along.

This sounds a lot more like souring grapes for losing out on Burris.

Losing out on Burris means I would have had to have been a Burris fan, which I'm not.

A QB fan, yes.

Willy, Collaros were my choices and Burris, because, yes, we needed a QB

I guess you can say Burris is an upgrade over Glenn, but that's not really the point, unless you're from the Desjardins school of GM'ing.

He's not that much better, alone, to make them more competitive right now as you both are saying.

And that salary would have paid for FAs that were signed after Ottawa committed to Burris.

Watkins, Butler, Moore, Koch, Mitchell, Sanders, Newman and others were available.

Glenn and probably 2 from the above list would have made them a more competitive team at this time.

But hey, that's just me.

Losing out on Burris means I would have had to have been a Burris fan, which I'm not.

A QB fan, yes.

Willy, Collaros were my choices and Burris, because, yes, we needed a QB

I guess you can say Burris is an upgrade over Glenn, but that's not really the point, unless you're from the Desjardins school of GM'ing.

He's not that much better, alone, to make them more competitive right now as you both are saying.

And that salary would have paid for FAs that were signed after Ottawa committed to Burris.

Watkins, Butler, Moore, Koch, Mitchell, Sanders, Newman and others were available.

Glenn and probably 2 from the above list would have made them a more competitive team at this time.

But hey, that's just me.

I understand your point, but if Burris leads to winning more games then it's a plus. The simple fact is Ottawa wanted Burris and feel that he's the guy to lead the team.

Watkins and Bulter would've never gone to Ottawa, but again I see your point, spread the wealth to make the team better.

Sounds like sour grapes bro.

I wanted Burris here badly, but Ottawa did what they felt they needed to do.  They acquired two of the three best available qbs available as soon as they were available.   Glen?  He signed the contract he did and he has to live up to it.  That's pro sports.  Does anyone fault mack for signing Jyles and then pierce when he became available even tho Jyles looked upset at the press conference?  

Management will do what they think is best for the team and onto fault getting 2 very good qbs to start the franchise off.  One only has to look at our record for the past 4 years to see how not having a reliably good qb starting each game turns out.