The mastery of Marcel Desjardins continues...

Mr. Perfect

Sounds like sour grapes bro.

I wanted Burris here badly, but Ottawa did what they felt they needed to do. They acquired two of the three best available qbs available as soon as they were available. Glen? He signed the contract he did and he has to live up to it. That's pro sports. Does anyone fault mack for signing Jyles and then pierce when he became available even tho Jyles looked upset at the press conference?

Management will do what they think is best for the team and onto fault getting 2 very good qbs to start the franchise off. One only has to look at our record for the past 4 years to see how not having a reliably good qb starting each game turns out.

Very good post. This sums up a lot of my thoughts.

I'm no Desjardins fan. I hope he is an epic fail. Just like he was in Hamilton. 

I disagree with this.... the last thing this league needs is another failed Ottawa experiment... I think we're only 5 years away from being a 10 team league so Ottawa is critical to the process...

That being said, I really hope we wipe the floor with them in their first official CFL regular season game!

Yep. This latest Ottawa incarnation really has started off with a bullseye on their back for me. 

I actually liked the Renegades, Joe Paopao was a likeable coach, etc. 

The #COCKBLOCKS? Forget them. May they be doing the season ticket telethon by August for all I care. 

So you want this league to fail??   You sound like a great fan....

Yep. This latest Ottawa incarnation really has started off with a bullseye on their back for me. 

The #COCKBLOCKS? Forget them. May they be doing the season ticket telethon by August for all I care. 

No, I want this latest Ottawa team (what is it, 3.0? 4.0) to crash and burn. Not the league. 

Reading comprehension. 

I don't like this new Ottawa franchise and it has nothing to do with Burris or Desjardins or anybody else in their football ops.

It is 110% because some dummy decided it'd be a good idea to call them the Redblacks. And then if that wasn't bad enough, somebody else said "hey, you know what'd be cool? If we YELLED IT EVERYTIME!"

Like it or not...or like the redblacks or not the CFL cannot afford another franchise failure in Ottawa. Look in the mirror Winnipeg fans. It's not as if the Bombers have become a showcase model for success in the CFL.

I hope this incarnation of Ottawa succeeds, I don't want to see them fail, but I think it has been proven over the last 10 years that the CFL can afford for Ottawa to fail.  The league has gotten to the strongest it has been in decades without Ottawa.  And while it may need Ottawa and another Eastern team to grow further, the league certainly won't crumble if Ottawa folds again.

Like it or not...or like the redblacks or not the CFL cannot afford another franchise failure in Ottawa. Look in the mirror Winnipeg fans. It's not as if the Bombers have become a showcase model for success in the CFL.

Two completely different situations and histories.

The CFL situation and the ownership situation in Ottawa gives them at least a fighting chance this time round.

Now, if only they had gotten the damn name right…..

Two completely different situations and histories.

The CFL situation and the ownership situation in Ottawa gives them at least a fighting chance this time round.

Now, if only they had gotten the damn name right…..

They should have called the team the "Ottawa Redux" with teal coloured uniforms.

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 4m

REPORT: Kevin Glenn has requested a trade out of Ottawa, according to @DanRalphCP. #CFL

We all saw this coming... part of why we were being so hard on the Burris signing

Let's get him. Though I'd rather just wait and get him for free. 

Is there any garbage we can give OTT so they trade?

I think EDM will be in the mix....

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 4m

REPORT: Kevin Glenn has requested a trade out of Ottawa, according to @DanRalphCP. #CFL

We all saw this coming... part of why we were being so hard on the Burris signing

Let's get him. Though I'd rather just wait and get him for free. 

Is there any garbage we can give OTT so they trade?

I think EDM will be in the mix....

We should of traded Sims Walker for him :D 

I don't like this new Ottawa franchise and it has nothing to do with Burris or Desjardins or anybody else in their football ops.

It is 110% because some dummy decided it'd be a good idea to call them the Redblacks. And then if that wasn't bad enough, somebody else said "hey, you know what'd be cool? If we YELLED IT EVERYTIME!"

I agree mike, the name alone was dumb enough, but that whole capitalization thing is just hilariously bad. 

So............. basically you're admitting sour grapes on the whole Burris thing ?

Because I don't see how else they're Cockblocks as you say.

I agree mike, the name alone was dumb enough, but that whole capitalization thing is just hilariously bad. 

So............. basically you're admitting sour grapes on the whole Burris thing ?

Because I don't see how else they're Cockblocks as you say.

Forget Burris, I just thought they jerked Glenn around, and i didn't like the shots their GM was taking at us and our roster. For an expansion team on its 3rd or 4th kick at the can to be talking smack before a game has even been played is weak. 

So piss on them. 

I think people may be making assumptions on what Desjardins said. We had something like 13 potential NI FAs going into the expansion draft. Desjardins said they weren't going to pick FAs. Maybe his comment had more to do with there not being any signed players unprotected for the last round than saying there wasn't any talent. Of course our media was going to claim it was the latter without even thinking it could have been the former.

Oh relax....Brice & I hate Ottawa. We don't like Desjardins. It's the fans choice to like & dislike who they want. Do you like Saskatchewan? Rider fans? 

Oh relax....Brice & I hate Ottawa. We don't like Desjardins. It's the fans choice to like & dislike who they want. Do you like Saskatchewan? Rider fans? 

It's okay to hate a team but that shouldn't extend to hoping the franchise folds imo.

On principle alone I refuse to ever spell it all caps.... Redblacks is the best they're getting from me, maybe RedBlacks if I'm in a good mood  ^_^