Diamond Ferri cut by Saskatchewan

Mike

FWIW, somebody told me this morning that they expected three definite signings by Winnipeg tomorrow. One of them was Diamond Ferri.

I didn't get it at the time, because he wasn't scheduled to be an FA.

when you said tomorrow, do you mean before the free agency ? or when the free agency kicks in?

FWIW, somebody told me this morning that they expected three definite signings by Winnipeg tomorrow. One of them was Diamond Ferri.

when you said tomorrow, do you mean before the free agency ? or when the free agency kicks in?

I have no idea. Just casual conversation with one of my friends, I didn't really get into details.

Ottawa's going to be driving up salaries. 

I don't get where this idea is coming from.

They've already tied up a bunch of cash. They killed any flexibility they may have in terms of cap space when they brought in guys like Shologan, Hage, Burris, Glenn and Fraser. They're probably paying more for their QBs than any team in the league. Ottawa doesn't have a ton to spend.

Ottawa's going to be driving up salaries. 

I don't get where this idea is coming from.

They've already tied up a bunch of cash. They killed any flexibility they may have in terms of cap space when they brought in guys like Shologan, Hage, Burris, Glenn and Fraser. They're probably paying more for their QBs than any team in the league. Ottawa doesn't have a ton to spend.

yup i also have the same thought. unless they cut glenn, they'll probably get some room. if not they might need to supply yhe rest of their roster with cheap free agents (doesnt matter if good or not)

I have no idea. Just casual conversation with one of my friends, I didn't really get into details.

have heard Kohlert and Swayze Waters, fwiw...

those were the other two I heard also ... but I'm sure you heard it from the same place I did.

Would be very happy to see Waters here. Feels like it's been forever since we've had security at placekicker, and with O'Shea's ties to Waters, this one makes some sense.

Would be very happy to see Waters here. Feels like it's been forever since we've had security at placekicker, and with O'Shea's ties to Waters, this one makes some sense.

hmmm so we are burning a DI on kicker.

Why would we want Swayze Waters?  First he's an import kicker.  Second, he hit 72% of his FG's last year, 74% in 2012, and he plays in a dome for half his games.  Third, we just re-signed Mike Renaud to handle punting duties.  Fourth we have Liri Hirahaluah who I am sure can hit at least 72% of his FGs. 

Not saying it won't happen, but I would find it very, very puzzling.