Friday Night Football

17to85

BC is simply getting pushed around, at the LOS.....Cornish is having a field day.  

Hope Crowton is watching.  The Stamps use formations that get the ball into the RB's hands going north-south or outside the tackles with a read for Cornish to make, it's one cut and up the field, the run is established immediately even though everyone knows it is coming, it is executed, and now BC is completely off balance.

i) just got home 15 min ago... yup, taking a train to your car then driving home takes a long f-ing time in this town, so don't diss our relatively small attendances

ii) nice to see 29k in the place

iii) our DHBs got their arses handed to them repeatedly... made Burris look like a god

iv) neither QB got a tough lick on them... could've been a game changer

v) i'm practising my punting/kicking starting tomorrow morning

vi) being a bachelor is awesome: i'm throwing a delissio in the oven and watching the BC/Calg game from the beginning

happy Canada Day weekend yo

i) just got home 15 min ago... yup, taking a train to your car then driving home takes a long f-ing time in this town, so don't diss our relatively small attendances

iii) our DHBs got their arses handed to them repeatedly... made Burris look like a god

iv) neither QB got a tough lick on them... could've been a game changer

v) i'm practising my punting/kicking starting tomorrow morning

vi) being a bachelor is awesome: i'm throwing a delissio in the oven and watching the BC/Calg game from the beginning

happy Canada Day weekend yo

How bout pavlo for antwi ?

Hefney closed in and made some good tackles in the 2nd half. 

BC with at least 4 botched snaps really hurt them badly.   The o line also was absolutely the drizzling poops all night long.    Is this rust or maybe a slight decline from last season?

Calgary looked great all game long,   Tate looks like gumby out there and plays the style that Buck should be playing.      The receivers aside from the Lewis fumble played fantastic and the o line completely dominated.   Cornish had gaping holes as Forde put it.  

Stamps have a much more imaginative run game & find different ways to get Cornish the football. Tate is more mobile than Buck. He's plays like Buck Pierce did n5 years ago. West & Price are great receivers. Defensive backfield made plays for the Stamps. Lulay is going to get killed the way he runs. Only a matter of time. The Lions kicker looks like he was picked up off the street at Higgins & Main. That is one effin ugly beard. Talk about a guy wanting to draw attention to himself. Did Andrew Harris play last night? ;)

Mack needs to sell his soul to Hamilton to get a returner. Thigpen, Williams Lamar. They have a never ending supply.

All teams have something they are good at doing. BC is good at grooming QBs, Hamilton is good at grooming Kick returners, Winnipeg is good at grooming RBs, Montreal is good at grooming offensive play books, Saskatchewan is good at grooming inbreds.....

I was really impressed with the turnout to the game. It actually had atmosphere and I enjoyed watching it. Normally I can barely stand watching Winnipeg games at the Skydome.

I was really impressed with the turnout to the game. It actually had atmosphere and I enjoyed watching it. Normally I can barely stand watching Winnipeg games aThe game was t the Skydome.

The game was at Skydome???  Wow, sure looked a lot like our new stadium. ;)

Attaboy for the Argos, getting almost 30k fans in the Skydome!  I would sure like to see the CFL become as popular in Toronto as it deserves to be.

It's just like I said over in other thread, all four Eastern teams have suspect defences or rebuilding defences, there are going to be some bigtime offensive fireworks in the early going.

Attaboy for the Argos, getting almost 30k fans in the Skydome!  I would sure like to see the CFL become as popular in Toronto as it deserves to be.

It's just like I said over in other thread, all four Eastern teams have suspect defences or rebuilding defences, there are going to be some bigtime offensive fireworks in the early going.

I disagree with this whole heartedly .. our defense showed itself to be quite capable .. held Calvillo to 260 yards passing, a completion percentage of 57% and for the better part of the game, made life miserable for him .. when you consider how often we gave Montreal a short field .. the quick changes .. the special teams TD .. I think our defense acquitted itself quite well .. questions were answered about the strength of our linebackers (or at least the initial indication are that Parker and Dunn should be fine moving forward - only to get better) .. we generated decent pressure .. now it's about consistency.

I disagree with this whole heartedly .. our defense showed itself to be quite capable .. held Calvillo to 260 yards passing, a completion percentage of 57% and for the better part of the game, made life miserable for him .. when you consider how often we gave Montreal a short field .. the quick changes .. the special teams TD .. I think our defense acquitted itself quite well .. questions were answered about the strength of our linebackers (or at least the initial indication are that Parker and Dunn should be fine moving forward - only to get better) .. we generated decent pressure .. now it's about consistency.

I totally agree I think our defense will only continue to look better.. thing is, I still expect to see a lot of parity across the league..

The CFL is very popular in the GTA... Going into the city in afternoon rush-hour on a weeknight isn't though for some reason...

But yeah, hopefully we continue to see good sized crowds despite only having 1 weekend game on our schedule.

The CFL is very popular in the GTA... Going into the city in afternoon rush-hour on a weeknight isn't though for some reason...

But yeah, hopefully we continue to see good sized crowds despite only having 1 weekend game on our schedule.

You probably are right on that Bluto.  If getting to games is tough then it's going to affect the crowds.  I can't see the CFL being any less popular than say in Vancouver.  Every time I'm in Vancouver and go out to watch a game at a bar, and even if its a Lions game, I have to tell the bartender to switch it to the game, while he stares at me puzzled going "CFL?  What's that?"  "Lulay?  Never heard of him.  Does he play defense for the Canucks?"