Some food for thought from Farhan Lalji

Mr. Perfect

That's a nice thought but there are three things here ...

a) Ottawa seems to have no interest in getting Glenn

B) We don't have Drew Willy signed

c) Would Glenn really want to come here to work with Marcel Bellefeuille?

All valid points, but I thought it was an interesting comment none the less.

As for © - who else would want Glenn if we don't take him? Would he go back to Calgary?

Not sure who's mathematics that equation is....but I think Willy and Glenn , if it ever happens would exceed Burris.

Burris will likely be making $350-375k-ish in Ottawa.  It's entirely conceivable we could get both done for about the same.

Ottawa's stance in publicly stating that they're going to camp with Burris and Glenn is likely just a ploy to create trade value for Glenn.  Doubt they will retain him for the whole season.  Too much money tied up at the QB position, and no reps for DeMarco to grow at #3 on the depth chart. 

Pretty high stakes game of chicken... I want to say that we could have avoided it, but I'm not sure we could have if we made the highest offers.  Players don't want to play in Winnipeg, and that is the evolving storyline here.

As for © - who else would want Glenn if we don't take him? Would he go back to Calgary?

Cowtown and Montreal would be the clubhouse favorites. 

Oh yes, the Kelly comment was bound to come up at some point

According to everything we've been told by the Bombers, they have now lost out on Plan A and Plan B.

Think about how that looks to average fan, who read the Lawless and Penton articles a few days ago.

But hey, maybe Glenn and Willy were Plan A all along and Walters has now manipulated everyone into thinking they weren't.

Maybe Bomber fans are schizophrenic because they have to be.

Players don't want to play in Winnipeg, and that is the evolving storyline here.

You mean Korey Banks lied to me on Twitter?

Doing what leaders do... championing his team.  And he's absolutely a great leader for doing so.  But keep in mind he had no choice in the matter... his contract was traded to Winnipeg.

We've been able to offer the only starting QB job in the CFL with no competition, as well as reportedly the most money, to 2 guys we coveted.  And couldn't close them. 

Players don't want to play in Winnipeg, and that is the evolving storyline here.

Doing what leaders do... championing his team.  And he's absolutely a great leader for doing so.  But keep in mind he had no choice in the matter... his contract was traded to Winnipeg.

We've been able to offer the only starting QB job in the CFL with no competition, as well as reportedly the most money, to 2 guys we coveted.  And couldn't close them.

Well he could have seemed less enthusiastic about it, or said nothing. Anyway, it appears that QB's in this league don't want to come here. Let's hope we can convince Drew Willy, and once he comes, he blows away all of these prima-donnas. I am actually relieved that I don't have to pretend cheer for Burris this year now. He's back to his rightful place, that choking jack-arse that I can't stand.

Speaking pf players who totally wanted to play in Winnipeg can anyone update me on how Aaron Rouse's and Bradley Randle's NFL teams did in the playoffs?

Here's another kicker. Trading for Glenn means we have to give up assets. Precious little that we have. And the future as in draft picks. We already lost a second round pick in the ridiculous trade for Neufeld. You know Ottawa will want a starter & our first round pick in order to trade us Glenn. We are hooped. If you think we would have paid too much for Burris at 39, we'll end up paying even more for a 35 year old qb. What an epic fail this has been. Right in the nuts.

Speaking pf players who totally wanted to play in Winnipeg can anyone update me on how Aaron Rouse's and Bradley Randle's NFL teams did in the playoffs?

Bradley Randle went to the Vikings...no playoff

Bradley Randle went to the Vikings...no playoff

You're right.  I will restrict my sarcasm to the Aaron Rouse situation.

Ottawa can survive with all three QBs until mid-season... by that time, some team will have an injury or such a terrible QB that they will pay the price for Glenn.

They can if they want both Glenn and DeMarco disgruntled. We all know that when Glenn is not interested he plays like crap. DeMarco will want better than 3rd string reps with an expansion franchise. Wait long enough and Glenn will be free. Calgary already established his trade value last year when he was offered for a second round pick to us. Any more than that will be a robbery at this point.