This is not a new thought, but this team needs to start developing it's own players ...

IC Khari

... especially the QB position. We can't trust FA (obviously) to do it, we need to help ourselves, no one else seems to want to. I hope Burris signs, not because I really wanted him or don't think he couldn't help in the short term, but simply because we need some kind of good news as fans of this team, especially in this area. SERIOUSLY though, start producing our own QB's!

I would take Burris over Collaros any day at this point. At least he has had more than 1 year experience.

We have been relying on a whole bunch of QB's that have Potential and looked decent on other teams. But Potential and $2 gets you a cup of coffee. Look at what happened to Reilly when he went to Edmonton. He had potential and did not do much better than the Bombers last season with it on a new team.

I would take Burris over Collaros any day at this point. At least he has had more than 1 year experience.

We have been relying on a whole bunch of QB's that have Potential and looked decent on other teams. But Potential and $2 gets you a cup of coffee. Look at what happened to Reilly when he went to Edmonton. He had potential and did not do much better than the Bombers last season with it on a new team.

And it had nothing to do with him. Reilly was a breakthrough star last year, it's just unfortunate that he was insulated by the absolute turd of a team around him.

And it had nothing to do with him. Reilly was a breakthrough star last year, it's just unfortunate that he was insulated by the absolute turd of a team around him.

That is my point though just because you have a QB coming off a Grey Cup winning team and put him onto another team does not mean that he is going to change the team around. If that is all we are doing is changing one QB that had potential at one point to another one that has potential are we really upgrading or are we staying status Quo.

Does it not make more sense to upgrade the position with a proven starter and try to bring along the QB's that could become our starters. I guess we will see if Hamilton is better with Collaros then with Burris.

... especially the QB position. We can't trust FA (obviously) to do it, we need to help ourselves, no one else seems to want to. I hope Burris signs, not because I really wanted him or don't think he couldn't help in the short term, but simply because we need some kind of good news as fans of this team, especially in this area. SERIOUSLY though, start producing our own QB's!

Bomber fans have demonstrated time and time again that they do not have the patience required to develop a new qb. 

Bomber fans have demonstrated time and time again that they do not have the patience required to develop a new qb.

Right, it's the fans' fault...

Some Bomber fans have demonstrated time and time again that they do not have the patience required to develop a new qb. 

fixed it for you ...

You saying that this team hasn't made knee jerk reactions because fans in the city are growing restless?

You saying that this team hasn't made knee jerk reactions because fans in the city are growing restless?

It's still not the fans' fault. You don't deserve to be a GM if you make personnel decisions based on popularity polls.

Even while this team has been god awful for most of the last 6 years, the fans have continued to show up in record numbers. You can't blame the fans for this.

Mack experiment didn't work because the vet who supposed to hold the fort while the young QBs are developing can stay upright. In effect the young QBs are thrown to the wolves early. And then when we already have a decent prospect to develop who won 2 weekly OPoW honors, the HC who knows nothing about offense, ask to cut him.

Now, we are back to square 1 in terms of QB development. Getting Collaros would have acelerate that but it's water over the bridge now. That's why it's important to have a vet QB like Burris, who's durable since it will buy us time to develop whoever is brought in as #2.

Mack experiment didn't work because the vet who supposed to hold the fort while the young QBs are developing can stay upright. In effect the young QBs are thrown to the wolves early. And then when we already have a decent prospect to develop who won 2 weekly OPoW honors, the HC who knows nothing about offense, ask to cut him.

Now, we are back to square 1 in terms of QB development. Getting Collaros would have acelerate that but it's water over the bridge now. That's why it's important to have a vet QB like Burris, who's durable since it will buy us time to develop whoever is brought in as #2.

Only Bryant Turner can produce water OVER a bridge.

And Paul Simon.

LOL.

It's still not the fans' fault. You don't deserve to be a GM if you make personnel decisions based on popularity polls.

and what about the board or president making GM decisions based on fan restlessness? That's been a big problem too you know. 

Fans are hardly to blame.  Up to the organization to set their plan, and set it up for success. 

The game doesn't slow down for new CFL QB's immediately. QB development would be far more likely to succeed with an improved OL and WR/SB set than we have given our developing QB's over the last few years.  Look what Khari had to work with when he came here vs. what we gave Elliott, Brink, Goltz, and Hall... any wonder he developed and the others didn't?

We have the worst fans in the league, bar none, for restlessness and complaining. No question, they've caused the club to do some really stupid things because they have zero patience for a true rebuild.

Hard to argue. The media here doesn't help either.

Completely agree.....they can all share blame. I feel brutal for pro sports teams/players in this town.