This is not a new thought, but this team needs to start developing it's own players ...

IC Khari

Who are these 'good people' you're talking about?  The only one they fired that I didn't think deserve it was Berry and that wasn't about the fans or the media, it was about Bauer installing 'He who must not be named' as our HC and kinda GM. 

I was about to point out Ritchie, but health issues had a big impact in him leaving. I agree that Berry deserved more time and IMO Lapo at least deserved to finish the season.

Who are these 'good people' you're talking about?  The only one they fired that I didn't think deserve it was Berry and that wasn't about the fans or the media, it was about Bauer installing 'He who must not be named' as our HC and kinda GM. 

I was about to point out Ritchie, but health issues had a big impact in him leaving. I agree that Berry deserved more time and IMO Lapo at least deserved to finish the season.

What's that come down to? Bad people who shouldn't be there making bad decisions. 

I appreciate the hours you must have put into those rants, but you should have noticed that we were disagreeing, not agreeing, on how our problems are b/c of the fans. It's odd, with all the research you apparently do, that you didn't notice that.

Quoted wrong person..sorry.  As for the hours of research, nah.  Just a good memory. :)

you think the BOD doesn't have their fingers on the pulse of the fans and know when the natives are getting restless? Some might argue that the BOD are just fans themselves anyway... There's been a lot of knee jerk reactions made in the last 2 decades and it is tied to with how the fan base is feeling. That 23 year drought is self perpetuating because no one has the patience and it's caused a lot of stupid decisions to be made. 

Nah.  Waiting nearly a year after Joe Mack had already shown himself to be an incompetent boob as a team builder is not a knee-jerk reaction.  IF anything, they waited too long.  Have any of these knee-jerk reactions recently come back to bite the Bombers in the ass  that I'm not aware of?

"It will attract more solid applicants than retaining folks who suck at their job, thereby creating an atmosphere of failure.  No one wants to come into that."

It will not attract solid applicants if you're flipping through the rolodex while they're in the same room.

The atmosphere of failure stems from not hiring the right people, not from giving them too much time.

And who makes the decision to pull the plug and move on? A majority of the fan vote?

You have to trust your hire and let them do the things you hired them for.

Surely, during the interview you have an idea of the depth of the plan of the person you're hiring and the state of the team at the time.

To give them only 2 seasons is absurd.

For example, the last time, the big mistake was the hiring of Buchko.

Someone who knew football better wouldn't have let that Crowton-Buck plan grow to fruition.

Consequence? Loss of another season.

Hire the right people is an easy suggestion but harder in reality.

Then you would be wrong.  Hamilton let go of Belfeuille in 2011, then let go George Cortez in 2012.  All that flipping through the rolodex as you put it didn't seem to deter Austin from signing with Ticats - a very qualified candidate if I may say so. :P

What's that come down to? Bad people who shouldn't be there making bad decisions. 

It starts at the top, I think I've been quite transparent that IMO the biggest issue with the Bombers is the board and how they run things.

Then you would be wrong.  Hamilton let go of Belfeuille in 2011, then let go George Cortez in 2012.  All that flipping through the rolodex as you put it didn't seem to deter Austin from signing with Ticats - a very qualified candidate if I may say so. :P

In defense though, Cortez was only hired because Austin (Ticats first choice) didn't want to come back to the CFL yet, if he was then the Cortez year would've never happened.

We have the worst fans in the league, bar none, for restlessness and complaining. No question, they've caused the club to do some really stupid things because they have zero patience for a true rebuild.

No kidding. No other fanbase has been forced to endure the brutality we've seen over the last two+ decades. Other fanbases don't have as much to complain about as we do.

Again, we're not hiring the right people if they let fan complaints dictate personnel moves. Get somebody with a good plan and a set of balls who can make a plan & stick to it & maybe the fans will have less to complain about.

What stupid things have the fans caused the Bombers to do??

1.  Getting rid of Kevin Glenn - He's been in the playoffs every year since 2006.  You can't get to the Grey Cup if you don't make the playoffs.

2.  Going back to the west division - Through my lifetime, the rivalvies have been with the East Conference.  Why pinball back an forth?  Just like with the Jets, I'd rather get home and watch a 6 pm matchup with an east rival than a 9:00 start time against the Lions.  I also like the fact of when we got to the Grey Cup, that we were facing the Riders, Stamps and Lions...

It doesn't take 25 years to rebuild a team or foster talent, many of todays fans weren't even born during that time, that falls on the people running the show and no one else. The older fans who have had to endure it, know what it takes to build a winning organization and don't buy into the false hope schemes that have been thrust on them.

We have the worst fans in the league, bar none, for restlessness and complaining. No question, they've caused the club to do some really stupid things because they have zero patience for a true rebuild.

No kidding. No other fanbase has been forced to endure the brutality we've seen over the last two+ decades. Other fanbases don't have as much to complain about as we do.

Again, we're not hiring the right people if they let fan complaints dictate personnel moves. Get somebody with a good plan and a set of balls who can make a plan & stick to it & maybe the fans will have less to complain about.

1.  Getting rid of Kevin Glenn - He's been in the playoffs every year since 2006.  You can't get to the Grey Cup if you don't make the playoffs.

2.  Going back to the west division - Through my lifetime, the rivalvies have been with the East Conference.  Why pinball back an forth?  Just like with the Jets, I'd rather get home and watch a 6 pm matchup with an east rival than a 9:00 start time against the Lions.  I also like the fact of when we got to the Grey Cup, that we were facing the Riders, Stamps and Lions...

Moving back to the West Division isn't stupid. Sorry you're so young not to remember Western rivalries. But in the 80 plus years the team has been around, probably 60 of them have been in the West. We're 500 klms from Regina & 1200 from Calgary & Edmonton. How many GC's have we won as the East Division champions? That has nothing to do with the team making decisions on managers players & coaches which is the premise of the discussion.

1.  That was on Kelly moreso than the fans.  You actually think Kelly would cave to the fans' demands?

2. Not sure how going back to the west division resulted from fan pressure?  Makes sense for the team geographically.  Closer to Regina, Calgary, and Edmonton than any East -based teams.

Is that not what Mack was trying to do?

'Tried' is the key word - when you're signing guys like Boatman and starting them at Right Tackle - it ain't quite workin' out.

If you put the "i" before the "r" you get the word tired. That's what Mack was. "Sleepy" Joe. He slept thru free agency every year. He thought that Buck Pierce would start & finish every game. Of course, while he slept through FA, he dreamed the entire "Buck plays every down" thing. Joe is now a Posturepedic mattress salesman at Sleep Country Canada. 

Is that not what Mack was trying to do?

'Tried' is the key word - when you're signing guys like Boatman and starting them at Right Tackle - it ain't quite workin' out.

If you put the "i" before the "r" you get the word tired. That's what Mack was. "Sleepy" Joe. He slept thru free agency every year. He thought that Buck Pierce would start & finish every game. Of course, while he slept through FA, he dreamed the entire "Buck plays every down" thing. Joe is now a Posturepedic mattress salesman at Sleep Country Canada. 

As if he could get a job at Sleep Country...

My only concern right now is that this feels a lot like 2009-2010 off-season when we assembled a GM and coaching staff that had some good potential but also had some big question marks and head scratchers...  I feel the same now as I did then, glad the old regime is gone but more 'hoping' for success rather than expecting it...

Moving back to the West Division isn't stupid. Sorry you're so young not to remember Western rivalries. But in the 80 plus years the team has been around, probably 60 of them have been in the West. We're 500 klms from Regina & 1200 from Calgary & Edmonton. How many GC's have we won as the East Division champions? That has nothing to do with the team making decisions on managers players & coaches which is the premise of the discussion.

I'm tired of the flip flop.  With the league being 9 teams, I'd stay in the east.  If the league went to 10 teams, at that time I'd move back to the west.  The history of flipping conferences since I started watching CFL is nuts:

1980's - started in the west

1986 - to east

1995 - to North

1996 - to west

1997 - to east

2002 - to west

2006 - to east

2014 - to west

Montreal and BC are both equal distances from Winnipeg as the crow flies, and Edmonton/Calgary are about 400 kms closer than Toronto, Hamilton, and Ottawa.  I'd rather watch 6 or 6:30 pm CST game times than 8, 8:30 or 9 pm CST road games.  

Out of the east, we won the cup in '88 and '90, and lost the cup in '92, '93, 2001, 2007, 2011.  So naturally of people my age, we've had more success and more rivalries with the teams out of the east.

PS I'm also one of those fans who enjoyed watching the Jets playing in the eastern conference.