Your expectations for the Bombers in 2014?

gbill2004

What are your expectations for the Bombers in 2014?  Mine are that I hope the team is competitive in all games, because last year there were too many games where it was over after the first quarter.  I expect O'Shea will make the team more competitive, along with improved decision making from the HC. 

In terms of wins, I expect between 6-9 wins.  I'm not expecting us to make the playoffs in 2014, but its certainly possible.  I think 6 wins is the minimum because it can't get any worse than last year, and I feel Burke's decision making cost us a good 3 wins, so that's why I feel 6 wins is the minimum.  Improved QB play should also result in more wins.  If things go well, we could squeak into the playoffs with 9 or so wins. 

Based on what we know now...

what we know now isn't much, certainly not enough to make any kind of expectations for the team. What if they trade for Ricky Ray before the season? That dramatically changes expectations. Until I see the coaching staff and who is going to be at quarterback there is no point in talking about expectations. 

what we know now isn't much, certainly not enough to make any kind of expectations for the team. What if they trade for Ricky Ray before the season? That dramatically changes expectations. Until I see the coaching staff and who is going to be at quarterback there is no point in talking about expectations.

If you don't want to participate in the thread then don't post and ruin the thread. BTW: We aren't trading for Ricky Ray.

I don't really know what my expectations are, it's just tough to see until the lineup is built.

If you're asking for expectations for a performance from the roster I see in front of me right now, I'd say it's very likely we could win 1 or 2 games. Do we even have a 42 man roster under contract at this point?

I don't really know what my expectations are, it's just tough to see until the lineup is built.

If you're asking for expectations for a performance from the roster I see in front of me right now, I'd say it's very likely we could win 1 or 2 games. Do we even have a 42 man roster under contract at this point?

It's easy to make reasonable assumptions. Most of our coaching staff is set. We will have one of Collaros, Willy or Burris at QB. Likely sign a few free agents and bring in some new bodies from down south to compete.

Looks like everyone wants to be difficult here so feel free to lock this thread.

If you don't want to participate in the thread then don't post and ruin the thread. BTW: We aren't trading for Ricky Ray.

He isn't ruining the thread at all. Free agency hasn't happened, neither has the draft, and our coaching staff isn't complete, nevermind potential trades that may or may not happen not only between us but other teams as well. It's a valid point.

I think they are now on the right track but I don't expect any significant improvement regardless of who is hired/signed/drafted. We've just gone through 3 years of losing veteran players without adequate replacements in the system and will be banking on another teams backup QB to start for us. We are in next year country as in 2015.

playoffs ought to be the goal.

with 5 teams in the West and a new franchise in the East, the crossover will very much be in play.

the problem is we have to play tough teams like BC and Saskatchewan and Calgary more, no more soft soft eastern teams to play where the toughest team is the painfully average at best toronto argos 

with 5 teams in the West and a new franchise in the East, the crossover will very much be in play.

the problem is we have to play tough teams like BC and Saskatchewan and Calgary more, no more soft soft eastern teams to play where the toughest team is the painfully average at best toronto argos

Yup - Edmonton and Calgary stadiums have been graveyards for us for pretty much this entire century so far.

Yup - Edmonton and Calgary stadiums have been graveyards for us for pretty much this entire century so far.

Calgary makes sense at least.. Edmonton not so much.. Cant really understand that one..

Won't every team play each other twice? (8 other teams X 2 = 16).  That's only 2 extra games against the West instead of against the East.  Hardly a huge difference IMHO.  

Won't every team play each other twice? (8 other teams X 2 = 16).  That's only 2 extra games against the West instead of against the East.  Hardly a huge difference IMHO.  

That hasn't been the way they've done it in the past. 

Ottawa, for example, played the West in a home and home series, 2x5 for 10 games.

Then they would play 2 Eastern teams 3 times for a total of 16, with the final 2 games with the remaining team.

They would then rotate this pattern every year.

The Western teams would play a similar rotation. (2x4 East, 2x2 W, and 2x3W)

I haven't heard whether there will be a change in this format.

They have always tried to maintain the rivalries in the East and in the West.