Bombers hire Queens DC Pat Tracey as Special Teams Coordinator

gbill2004

Some what idealistic.....and money and a jacked up title to inflat an ego are not always a measure or professional success and satisfaction.

Money alone is no reason to move... but the other things can be in play as well.  Maybe he works well with Austin, maybe he doesn't.  Maybe Austin's his kid's godfather... maybe O'Shea is... I have no idea. 

But you asked why he might leave Hamilton.  They are all palatable suggestions.

And he should leave an up and coming team that just went to the Cup because?

I'm not buying that Hamilton is "up and coming".  Winnipeg was "up and coming" in 2011 and then fell apart.  Without Burris winning the games in the nice weather days of July, August and Sept I don't know where Hamil-smell will end up this year.  It's all about the QB.

Well, Chris Jones was the poster boy for leaving the Stamps to go coach with his BFF Scott Milanovich while under contract to Calgary. And just to make it better, Scotty gave his BFF the title of Associate HC & more scouting duties along with more $$. Jones couldn't leave Calgary fast enough. So yeah, just because.... Argos wanted Jones & made it worth his while. I bet this kind of thing goes on every year not just in the CFL but in the NFL & NCAA as well. It's called The Old Boys Club. 

Are the Ti Cats really an up & coming team?

I certainly believe so, they were one of the youngest teams last season and have a heckuva Head Coach, something Winnipeg hasn't seen in awhile. Rumours are continuing to swirl that Collaros is priority #1 for Austin this off season. Winnipeg on the other hand is in full rebuild mode yet again, probably a couple-few seasons away to becoming known as an up and coming team again.

Are the Ti Cats really an up & coming team?

I certainly believe so, they were one of the youngest teams last season and have a heckuva Head Coach, something Winnipeg hasn't seen in awhile. Rumours are continuing to swirl that Collaros is priority #1 for Austin this off season. Winnipeg on the other hand is in full rebuild mode yet again, probably a couple-few seasons away to becoming known as an up and coming team again.

What is the source of these rumors of Collaros going to Hamilton?

That's the thing, there is no source, they're only rumours.

Rumours that insinuate Austin is willing to go into a season with no veteran QBs in his QB arsenal.

And admitting that the QBs he does have, Masoli, Brohm , LeFevour, & McGee can't be as good as another non-vetaran (Collaros).

Burris did a lot to advance the cause of the Ti-Cats.

The question would be…does Austin have the belief they could get as far without him?

That's the thing, there is no source, they're only rumours.

Rumours that insinuate Austin is willing to go into a season with no veteran QBs in his QB arsenal.

And admitting that the QBs he does have, Masoli, Brohm , LeFevour, & McGee can't be as good as another non-vetaran (Collaros).

Burris did a lot to advance the cause of the Ti-Cats.

The question would be…does Austin have the belief they could get as far without him?

But where are the rumors coming from? I've seen nothing on the Ticats message boards to suggest this. I've heard nothing from the Ticats beat writers either. Seems the only source of the Collaros to Hamilton rumor is this forum.

But where are the rumors coming from? I've seen nothing on the Ticats message boards to suggest this. I've heard nothing from the Ticats beat writers either. Seems the only source of the Collaros to Hamilton rumor is this forum.

There are other fan boards and at least one of them has mentioned it, but loath am I to give it any credence because, as I said, they are only rumours, no source.

Well, Chris Jones was the poster boy for leaving the Stamps to go coach with his BFF Scott Milanovich while under contract to Calgary. And just to make it better, Scotty gave his BFF the title of Associate HC & more scouting duties along with more $$. Jones couldn't leave Calgary fast enough. So yeah, just because.... Argos wanted Jones & made it worth his while. I bet this kind of thing goes on every year not just in the CFL but in the NFL & NCAA as well. It's called The Old Boys Club.

K. With all honesty,.which team do you truly pull for, bombers or calgary? You seem to have a lot of "red coloured glasses" moments when it comes to the stamps and take great offense when a perceived slight happens against them... Doesnt change my opinion of you or my respect for ya.. Just really curious..

We better not lose Collaros to Hamilton. That would just tick me off.

Me too.. Tho hank would be a decent enough booby prize..

pun intended!

I wouldn't be mad if we got Hank, but I'd just rather have a younger guy we can develop.
Oh me too, dont get me wrong... Hank would.be a much better bridge to a new gun slinger then buck was minus the extra year or 2.. But ideal situation is we gey collaros and he is the real deal..

Burris? On our team?

Only if there was an end game to it and a reason for it.

In other words, if we fail in our attempt at a starter, a la Zach-man or Willy,  and we go with a newbie, then I would have to be brave and wait for him to mentor a younger guy. 

And yes I chose the word 'brave' for a reason.

Burris in any capacity would make it a lot harder to cheer for this team so just say no to Burris. I think I can honestly say I would rather suffer through another season like last season than cheer for Burris. 

Try sitting in the stands for a full season of games where the team is out of it after 1 quarter. This team needs to get competitive in a hurry. There was 0 entertainment value in those games last year. A total chore to go to.

If Burris is the best option then we should sign him. It's stop gap.... maybe just for a season but he would make us better. A year from now we'd be in the same situation we are now. Looking for a long term starter. Can't go thru what we went thru last season again.

I don't know why people automatically assume that if Hamilton tries to pursue Collaros that they will get him and we won't. As with anything else it will likely come down to dollars and term. No reason to believe we can't make a better offer than Hamilton.

I don't know why people automatically assume that if Hamilton tries to pursue Collaros that they will get him and we won't. As with anything else it will likely come down to dollars and term. No reason to believe we can't make a better offer than Hamilton.

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Where would you rather go ...to a team that just went to the Grey Cup or the circus Winnipeg has become? Not just about dollars and term.