Bombers hire Queens DC Pat Tracey as Special Teams Coordinator

gbill2004

Burris in any capacity would make it a lot harder to cheer for this team so just say no to Burris. I think I can honestly say I would rather suffer through another season like last season than cheer for Burris.

Really you would rather have Boltus or Pierce at the helm???

Burris is a tool but he's light years better then anyone we have had since Glenn...

Burris in any capacity would make it a lot harder to cheer for this team so just say no to Burris. I think I can honestly say I would rather suffer through another season like last season than cheer for Burris.

Really you would rather have Boltus or Pierce at the helm???

Burris is a tool but he's light years better then anyone we have had since Glenn...

yeah I don't care how good he is, there is no single athlete that I despise more than Burris and I don't want him anywhere near this team. 

I don't know why people automatically assume that if Hamilton tries to pursue Collaros that they will get him and we won't. As with anything else it will likely come down to dollars and term. No reason to believe we can't make a better offer than Hamilton.

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Where would you rather go ...to a team that just went to the Grey Cup or the circus Winnipeg has become? Not just about dollars and term.

Really depends. Most quarterbacks probably think they're good enough to be a difference maker. I doubt they're as dependent on past history when it comes to making decisions.

Try sitting in the stands for a full season of games where the team is out of it after 1 quarter. This team needs to get competitive in a hurry. There was 0 entertainment value in those games last year. A total chore to go to.

This right here is the only reason I'm switching back to a pick ten rather than go to every game.  We were blown out at home way too many times last year.

Try sitting in the stands for a full season of games where the team is out of it after 1 quarter. This team needs to get competitive in a hurry. There was 0 entertainment value in those games last year. A total chore to go to.

This right here is the only reason I'm switching back to a pick ten rather than go to every game. We were blown out at home way too many times last year.

I thought the Bombers stopped offering the pick 10.

I have lived in Alberta for 8 years and gone to a lot of the Bombers games out here, don't tell me how much it sucks sitting in the stands watching the team get killed, I know what it looks like and how ugly it is. 

Burris made a max salary of $300k last season. I expect the Bombers to offer a similar amount to Collaros, to go along with a massive signing bonus.

Why on earth would we offer $300k to Collaros... to cripple the team?  Reilly signed for $150-200k base salary... no reason that Collaros should get more

Collaros did look good last year but that was with support of Milanovich, Brady and Maas - unless we create a support system like that (and improve the OL), any QB coming here will falter.

I wouldn't be against Burris signing here to groom our own prospect for the next two years...  

Burris made a max salary of $300k last season. I expect the Bombers to offer a similar amount to Collaros, to go along with a massive signing bonus.

$300k is proven top-5 QB money.  Not new guy taking on his first starting gig money - not here, Hamilton, Whitehorse, or wherever. 

I'd expect closer to $200-220k base, with incentives and a signing bonus; given there's more expected competition for Collaros than Reilly, and the new TV revenue deal.

$300k is proven top-5 QB money.  Not new guy taking on his first starting gig money - not here, Hamilton, Whitehorse, or wherever. 

I'd expect closer to $200-220k base, with incentives and a signing bonus; given there's more expected competition for Collaros than Reilly, and the new TV revenue deal.

Why on earth would we offer $300k to Collaros... to cripple the team?  Reilly signed for $150-200k base salary... no reason that Collaros should get more

Collaros did look good last year but that was with support of Milanovich, Brady and Maas - unless we create a support system like that (and improve the OL), any QB coming here will falter.

I wouldn't be against Burris signing here to groom our own prospect for the next two years...  

He said it was Burris' max salary, not base. 

IIRC both Elliott and Brink had base salaries around $150,000 that could max out to the $300,000 range. Offering the same type of deal to Collaros wouldn't break the bank.

He said it was Burris' max salary, not base. 

IIRC both Elliott and Brink had base salaries around $150,000 that could max out to the $300,000 range. Offering the same type of deal to Collaros wouldn't break the bank.

A $150k base also wouldn't be terribly tantalizing to woo Collaros, if competition for his services are expected.

Here Zach, come to Winnipeg on the same contract 2 of our failed backups made.  We haven't won a GC since '90, and have made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.  We want you, and this offer shows it!!

Valuable assets command market prices.  If there's one thing I'm okay with paying market value or slightly over for, it's for a potential franchise QB. 

Sorry 'base' salary was a mistake... should have read 150-250k salary... as in, Mike Reilly signed for something like 70k base, 70k signing bonus and then incentives

Burris is more likely $200k guaranteed and bonuses...

$300k is fine if we win the grey cup and he's the CFL MOP...  

Collaros might get offered $125k as a 'base' salary - similar to Jyles...  that's probably the upper limit

Regardless, we need a QB coach, an OL coach in place and some indication that our OL talent will improve before we can compete for a free agent QB...

Yeah because Edmonton had the dominate oline when Riley signed with them. Collaros is looking for a opportunity to be the guy. Winnipeg is his best chance to do that with.

Look what happened to Reilly...  plus his choices were Edm or Wpg - Collaros choice is seemingly Ham or Wpg

Does anyone else get the sense that Walters or O'Shea have already spoken to Collaros and a deal is done? Walters seems quite confident that there is no need to give up even a late round draft pick for early rights to talk to Collaros. If there was any doubt, considering how much we need Collaros, you'd think Walters would give up a 6th round draft pick for early rights to Collaros.

Does anyone else get the sense that Walters or O'Shea have already spoken to Collaros and a deal is done? Walters seems quite confident that there is no need to give up even a late round draft pick for early rights to talk to Collaros. If there was any doubt, considering how much we need Collaros, you'd think Walters would give up a 6th round draft pick for early rights to Collaros.

I thought Walters had hedged his bets by saying we'd be looking at Drew Willy as well?

Still, I think some team will cough up a draft pick to talk to Collaros

I thought Walters had hedged his bets by saying we'd be looking at Drew Willy as well?

When did Walters say we'd be looking at Drew Willy?

Yeah because Edmonton had the dominate oline when Riley signed with them. Collaros is looking for a opportunity to be the guy. Winnipeg is his best chance to do that with.

Look what happened to Reilly... plus his choices were Edm or Wpg - Collaros choice is seemingly Ham or Wpg

He had more choices than Winnipeg and Edmonton - there were a number of other teams interested in him. Plus he had made his mind up on Edmonton.

When did Walters say we'd be looking at Drew Willy?

Walters hasn't because that would be tampering.