Pre-Season Game #2: Bombers @ Ticats - Kickoff @ 6:00 Ct

TrueBlue

So guys and gals, lots of subplots to talk about here.  Burke brings the bare minimum of a roster to Guelph, including a majority of rookies, each of whom will not be able to complain that they didn't get enough playing time.  The proof will be in how they play.

The first ever CFL game being played in Guelph at Alumni Field in front of a huge crowd of 13,000 spectators.  I am guessing there won't be too many traffic problems....

Quote from Burke:

To make sure we get to the regular season opener June 27th against Montreal as healthy as we can be.  That's one thing I learned from Mark Trestman.   Last year we went into the season opener without our two starting offensive tackles, with our number-three running back and with injuries in the secondary.  I want our best players on the field against the Alouettes.  Besides, we've got quite a few guys playing in this game who are fighting for roster spots, a couple for starting positions, and we are going to get to see what they can do against Hamilton's number ones.  It will tell us who belongs and who doesn't.....
....We could get blasted in this game and I hope our fans don't put too much stock into the final score.  Our intent is to evaluate the newcomers and make sure the vets are healthy when there are points at stake in the standings.

From the game I would like to see:

- Pencer and Etienne to have a good showing (I don't expect either of them to earn a spot but show why they were drafted in the first round, progress is something)

- Somone to step up in the secondary ( even if we get torched for 400 yards if somone like markett is shutting his guy down constantly that is a good game)

- who our undisputed RT is going to be.

There are a handful of guys/positions I'm most interested in.

Markett, obviously, b/c it sounds like he's in the lead position for a di spot. The guys at de are all fighting for the second di on defence. Frazier probably goes to the pr., if he makes the team, b/c we'll already have 4 DT's on the 42.

Whichever extra will lb we keep may have a chance at the 46. My guess is Wendel Brown.

There hasn't been much talk about the 3rd import RT fighting for that spot. I'd like to know how he's doing, & if he has a legitimate shot at a job with the team.

Of course the NI's too. Pencer & Etienne are the two obvious ones I hope do well.

these are the guys I wanna look out ....

Goltz... can he put an effective quarterbacking job in the firsh half ?

Penser... how good / bad protection can he put on QB's blindside ?

Etienne... can he put up a good performance tonight enough to be replace Poblah as a starter ?

D.Pierce... if this guy put up a good performance, would it be enough to replace Denmark as a starter ?  

Markett... another good performance will surely make this guy a DI

Kennedy... Massey almost broke one to the house, can this guy make it ?

Marshall... he's lined up as a CB on the depth chart but I got a feeling we will see him in the Nickel

DE's... im particularly rooting for is Anderson but I'm okay whoever steps up

these are the guys I wanna look out ....

Goltz... can he put an effective quarterbacking job in the firsh half ?

Penser... how good / bad protection can he put on QB's blindside ?

Etienne... can he put up a good performance tonight enough to be replace Poblah as a starter ?

D.Pierce... if this guy put up a good performance, would it be enough to replace Denmark as a starter ?  

Markett... another good performance will surely make this guy a DI

Kennedy... Massey almost broke one to the house, can this guy make it ?

Marshall... he's lined up as a CB on the depth chart but I got a feeling we will see him in the Nickel

DE's... im particularly rooting for is Anderson but I'm okay whoever steps up

I didn't think Etienne and Poblah were even competing for similar receiving positions anymore.

Haven't they decided to move Poblah into the slot?

I expect their plan is to swap between having two Canadian slots + two American WR and 1 NI Slot, 1 IMP slot, 1 NI WR and 1 NI Imp