Grey Cup Thread 2013

BigBlue

Cats are in tough of course. But Riders blew the cap to get their roster, molly-coddle a a headcase and now potential criminal Anderson so its tough to accept that Riders "deserve" to win .

Rider fans want it both ways - we deserve to win becasue we were underdogs for so long yet its now a point of pride that they're no longer underdogs.

But like Leaf fans and Cub fans there is this strange sense of entitlement.

Honestly, if it's as bad as some have been speculating, they should have to forfeit the game. Not exactly a level playing field when a team willfully ignores the rules...

Who said or knows that the Riders blew the Cap up to get a winner? That is yet to be determined. Remember some of their pick up vets were guys on the street with little bargaining power.

According to GCn11 at TEP, Rod Pederson reported the Riders were about $400,000 over the cap at one point this season.

Don't know how any non Rider supporter could be rooting for them on Sun.

The bizarre mix of arrogance and insecurity that produces something like "Canada's Team". Not sure what the psychiatric term is for the bravado of acting dominant with prideful independence whilst at the same time actively seeking attention and approval from the very people they say they dont care about. 

and if that wasnt reason enough - Dwight Anderson.

No one is forcing you to cheer for HAM but , geez, rooting for SSK becasue you dont like some TC posters ?

The bizarre mix of arrogance and insecurity that produces something like "Canada's Team". Not sure what the psychiatric term is for the bravado of acting dominant with prideful independence whilst at the same time actively seeking attention and approval from the very people they say they dont care about. 

No one is forcing you to cheer for HAM but , geez, rooting for SSK becasue you dont like some TC posters ?

This is all true. Also on the impossible to like list are Durant, Sheets, & Chamblin. I took the Stamps loss last week almost as badly as I would a Bomber loss, just b/c I so badly wanted Calgary to have their dressing room and win a Cup in their home.

There problem with some Ticat fan posters, yourself excluded, is they seek out other sites to troll. For the most part Rider fans just take part in being knobs on their own site.

This is all true. Also on the impossible to like list are Durant, Sheets, & Chamblin. I took the Stamps loss last week almost as badly as I would a Bomber loss, just b/c I so badly wanted Calgary to have their dressing room and win a Cup in their home.

There problem with some Ticat fan posters, yourself excluded, is they seek out other sites to troll. For the most part Rider fans just take part in being knobs on their own site.

But at least these guys "trolling" our site actually know something about football. They're clearly fans. The biggest issue with Rider "fans", by far, is that they're among the least knowledgeable in the country. As Dave mentioned, they know less about their OWN team, never mind the rest of the league, than the average person on this site knows about the Riders. Yet, they go around talking like they're the best football fans in the world. They make me sick, period.

But at least these guys "trolling" our site actually know something about football. They're clearly fans. The biggest issue with Rider "fans", by far, is that they're among the least knowledgeable in the country. As Dave mentioned, they know less about their OWN team, never mind the rest of the league, than the average person on this site knows about the Riders. Yet, they go around talking like they're the best football fans in the world. They make me sick, period.

Often "trolling" is defined as simply stuff you dont like. But, whatever.  Just glad I'm not the only one that can seperate the myth from the reality in regards to the riders.

Often "trolling" is defined as simply stuff you dont like. But, whatever.  Just glad I'm not the only one that can seperate the myth from the reality in regards to the riders.

I suspect that a lot of the reason there's more "trolling" by ticat fans is because there's not as big an online community for them as for some of the western teams so they have to go looking at other teams forums for some discussion. I don't hate argo fan trolls or ticat fan trolls simply because at least they're fans and care enough to talk about their team in these communities, need more people as fans of those teams and maybe we can stop pandering to Southern Ontario so much. 

Often "trolling" is defined as simply stuff you dont like.

No, the guy I'm specifically referring to on the "official" Bomber fan site is a troll. He drops in a few times a year to congratulate us on "winning" the battle for the first overall pick. He also ends each post with "chow", which annoys the hell out me for some reason. Sometimes all it takes is one guy to sour you on a team.

Cheering for Hamilton big time.  Maybe cheering for Sask .00000001% for Taman.  

Not going this year because hotels were unavailable.  Too bad because it would have been a great party.

Isn't there some kind of program where you can "stay with a family" or something?  Bluto was really enthused about that.

Try living in the middle of it.

No thanks. How you can do it I have no idea. 

True story that I would never get hired to do radio in Regina because I couldn't talk up the Riders. I've had that discussion with people from there before, and it's probably the only market in the country that I can think of, where you absolutely have to buy in to the Rider culture, because it's so ingrained in the entire province. "You're one of us, or get out" is truth there...

I have been told you live here now you have to cheer for the Riders. I said to them so the only people who can still cheer for there hometown team in all other parts of the country are Rider fans. They looked at me with a blank stare and just could not figure it out.

What's worse, I know people who were "fans" of other teams, who went there and bought IN to that bullshit, and are now Rider "fans" and tell everyone else that same bullshit about "you have no choice..you live here..." Get ******...

In my comments about Ticat fan trolls I specifically said not Zontar. Also I don't consider a fan of another team to be a troll if they come on forums to discuss football. It's the ones who come on and are rude and disrespectful that are trolls.

I don't know who I will cheer for. Probably neither team. I just want a good game and whoever wins wins.

Would rather see Riders win.  I've soured on the Ticats over the last few years due to the douchiness of several Ticat posters.

Wow, have you lived a sheltered life. For every one bad Ti Cat poster there are 500 Priders on the internet throwing around ****.

Sorry, but i will have to disagree iso.  Yes, there are more douchey rider posters out there in total but that has to do with the sheer volume of their fanbase.  I find the ratio of douchey/respectable posters to be much higher amongst Ticat fans vs. Rider fans.  Ticat fans are driven by extreme fanboyism and arrogance which is surprising considering their terrible recent history (only1 cup in nearly 30 years).  Onemoredork and a couple ticat fans who were banned from the other bomber sites come to mind.

Rider fans are by far the douchiest if only because there are so many false fans. I know lots of people who call themselves diehard rider fans who know less about their team then everyone on this website. Too many bandwagon jumpers. At least the obnoxious ticat fans are actually fans. 

Well, I think one thing we can all agree on.  The douchiest fan happens to be a rider fan, Migs.  Saw him trolling on the Stampeder site the other day.

Sorry, I'm not aware of anything Durant or Chamblin have done that would make them impossible to like. Explain?

I have been told you live here now you have to cheer for the Riders. I said to them so the only people who can still cheer for there hometown team in all other parts of the country are Rider fans. They looked at me with a blank stare and just could not figure it out.

What's worse, I know people who were "fans" of other teams, who went there and bought IN to that bullshit, and are now Rider "fans" and tell everyone else that same bullshit about "you have no choice..you live here..." Get ******...

Other than being a zombie, you always have a choice.