Grey Cup Thread 2013

BigBlue

I wouldn't mind seeing Hamilton winning on the "worst to first" theme.

On te other hand if the Riders win the cup, it will be two years in a row that the host city also won the thing .... a major statistical anomaly relative to history

it will be three years in a row.  Remember the 2011 Grey Cup?

is anyone here going to the GC?  I hear Regina puts on a great party.  I don't expect most Sask. people to be sober much past Wednesday at noon.  Especially with the Riders being in the Cup this year.

I will be cheering for the Green and White, as I can't stand Burris or Austin, and it would be good to see Bob Dyce, Khari, and Brendan Taman get a ring.  Also good to see Geroy get another ring, he's a class guy.

Living in Regina I will be going to the festivities and game. This place will be unbearable this week and if they win it will be twice as bad so I'll be going for the Ticats. The vile that these people hate Burris with makes me root for the guy even more.

Cats are in tough of course. But Riders blew the cap to get their roster, molly-coddle a a headcase and now potential criminal Anderson so its tough to accept that Riders "deserve" to win .

Rider fans want it both ways - we deserve to win becasue we were underdogs for so long yet its now a point of pride that they're no longer underdogs.

But like Leaf fans and Cub fans there is this strange sense of entitlement.

The better of those two games yesterday was easily the Ham.-Tor. game that featured consistent offence from Ham. and a shut-down 2nd half defence. They had the defending Grey Cup champions guessing at the end of the game and fully deserve this Cup date after defeating both Montreal and Toronto.

I can't say exactly the same for Sask, but they did stop Cornish, and Calgary had no answer. 

As for Calgary, if they want to play Bomber football (2 ints.-4 fumbles) we should gladly give them our playbook.

Bottom line…both those teams deserve a Grey Cup appearance, but only one of them will have an insufferable fan base if they win.

Need I say which?

I'm torn about whether Saskatchewan is really that good, or is Calgary OL THAT bad/decimated by injuries.  Plus, they GIFTED Sask with the turnovers. 

Calgary definitely played poorly. That many turnovers and missed tackles. The Riders may have won if Calgary had played a clean game but it would have been a lot closer without the mistakes from the Stamps. 

Southern Alberta.......life here is tough when the Riders are doing well. Praying for Burris to somehow find a way to absolutely bend the Priders over and give it to 'em raw.

See if you can take a collection up to put a roof on Mosaic on Sunday.  If Hank has to play in cold weather it's going to be a tough one.  I do hope he surprises me though.  It would be good for league to see the Cats win.

On te other hand if the Riders win the cup, it will be two years in a row that the host city also won the thing .... a major statistical anomaly relative to history

Bomber fans tend to forget that one.

Not that you and I remember a hell of a lot about those 2 days. :) I remember pouring my brother into a cab (lightweight) and then you and I going to find Bluto, but a lot of it is fuzzy.

Bomber fans tend to forget that one.

Not that you and I remember a hell of a lot about those 2 days. :) I remember pouring my brother into a cab (lightweight) and then you and I going to find Bluto, but a lot of it is fuzzy.

Speaking of Bluto - how is he doing?  Clearly devastated by the Argos fold job.  didn't expect that but I wasn't surprised by the Stamps choking away another Western Final.

Would rather see Riders win.  I've soured on the Ticats over the last few years due to the douchiness of several Ticat posters.

Wow, have you lived a sheltered life. For every one bad Ti Cat poster there are 500 Priders on the internet throwing around ****.

Sorry, but i will have to disagree iso.  Yes, there are more douchey rider posters out there in total but that has to do with the sheer volume of their fanbase.  I find the ratio of douchey/respectable posters to be much higher amongst Ticat fans vs. Rider fans.  Ticat fans are driven by extreme fanboyism and arrogance which is surprising considering their terrible recent history (only1 cup in nearly 30 years).  Onemoredork and a couple ticat fans who were banned from the other bomber sites come to mind.

Would rather see Riders win.  I've soured on the Ticats over the last few years due to the douchiness of several Ticat posters.

Wow, have you lived a sheltered life. For every one bad Ti Cat poster there are 500 Priders on the internet throwing around ****.

Sorry, but i will have to disagree iso.  Yes, there are more douchey rider posters out there in total but that has to do with the sheer volume of their fanbase.  I find the ratio of douchey/respectable posters to be much higher amongst Ticat fans vs. Rider fans.  Ticat fans are driven by extreme fanboyism and arrogance which is surprising considering their terrible recent history (only1 cup in nearly 30 years).  Onemoredork and a couple ticat fans who were banned from the other bomber sites come to mind.

Rider fans are by far the douchiest if only because there are so many false fans. I know lots of people who call themselves diehard rider fans who know less about their team then everyone on this website. Too many bandwagon jumpers. At least the obnoxious ticat fans are actually fans. 

Would rather see Riders win. I've soured on the Ticats over the last few years due to the douchiness of several Ticat posters.

I agree with blueandgoldguy. There are too many Ticats fans that troll other teams message boards whereas Rider fan DBs seem to stay closer to their home base in my experience.