Zach Collaros or Mike Reilly?

gbill2004

I would expect a swap of firsts and something like a 2nd rounder next year.

Don't expect we'll have to give up a first outright although if we HAD to, I would

Ugh giving up the first round pick outright is too high a price to pay for a FA qb.

This.

Toronto should be the one who's desperate, they're losing an asset for nothing, if Ottawa drafts him, you get zip, he leaves as a free agent, you get zip.

Not true. Under that scenario they keep their 7th and 8th best NIs.

Tanner Marsh, without question.

I suppose since the question is about taking either Reilly or Collaros, I'd take Reilly as of right now, but at times this season I felt as though Reilly was just the garbage time king. Collaros is younger though and has shown a lot of promise, moves well in the pocket, but IMO Reilly has the better arm and football IQ.

IMHO Collaros is the best available QB this year (I expect Burris to resign with Hamilton), but I hate the idea of giving up a 1st rounder, 2nd overall, for a Free Agent, especially since we already gave up our 2nd rounder.  It sounds like a desperate move to me.  I'd rather take my chances in free agency and keep the 2nd overall pick.

IMHO Collaros is the best available QB this year (I expect Burris to resign with Hamilton), but I hate the idea of giving up a 1st rounder, 2nd overall, for a Free Agent, especially since we already gave up our 2nd rounder.  It sounds like a desperate move to me.  I'd rather take my chances in free agency and keep the 2nd overall pick.

I don't expect we'll give up a first rounder. I do expect we'll swap with Toronto though.

That being said, without trying to get your hopes up, you should be confident that Collaros will sign with us when we trade for us. We'll have the ability to talk contract beforehand because unbelievably, Collaros actually wants to come to Winnipeg so Toronto will want to maximize their return.

I don't expect we'll give up a first rounder. I do expect we'll swap with Toronto though.

That being said, without trying to get your hopes up, you should be confident that Collaros will sign with us when we trade for us. We'll have the ability to talk contract beforehand because unbelievably, Collaros actually wants to come to Winnipeg so Toronto will want to maximize their return.

Really ?

Because all indications are that Collaros wants to try the NFL this off season.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/18/zach-collaros-free-to-move-on

http://www.cjob.com/2013/11/19/brown-confirms-he-was-asked-to-un-retire/

Really ?

of course he's going to have NFL aspirations, what QB doesn't.

Eventually reality is going to set in that the NFL will pass.

Really ?

So do I.

I'd say our chances are about the same.

Who was the last QB to even try out in the NFL Ricky Ray?

IIRC Mike Reilly had a couple of work-outs with NFL team last year. Ray may be the last one who was signed.

Graham Harrell would probably be the last CFL QB to sign an NFL deal. Though I don't think he ever actually threw a pass in the CFL.

So do I.

I'd say our chances are about the same.

Unless of course he wants to avoid the gong show here and see's Ottawa as the better place to be.

Or if Collaros makes his rounds and an NFL team does decide to bring him to training camp, he might not make the team, but at best we'd get him in September 2014.