Burke Unhappy With Work Of Veterans

uhh do you get that this is what every other team does in every other pre season game?

close...

what they do is play a dumbed-down version of their own defence. playing an entirely different one wouldn't work at all.

close...

what they do is play a dumbed-down version of their own defence. playing an entirely different one wouldn't work at all.

of course it would. I've heard coaches say they play a ton of man coverage just to see who can cover. It's not exactly hard to get players that have played football all their life to run a few vanilla schemes.

of course it would. I've heard coaches say they play a ton of man coverage just to see who can cover. It's not exactly hard to get players that have played football all their life to run a few vanilla schemes.

what if i told you that coach Jones is not a great fool and was actually employing a dumbed-down, vanilla version of his defence last Wednesday?

yeah. Jones sends pressure from anywhere at any down and distance. his DEs aren't given the greenlight to passrush whenever (hence Ricky Foley hating our system and wanting out). it's unconventional and leads to weird situations (like DEs covering a tailback's route 20 yards into the secondary), but minding the gaps on the D-Line always trumps passrushing and risking leaving a hole.

so we blitz. the pressure is coming from somewhere almost every play. and not doing it in an exhibition would be a waste of a plane trip to Winnipeg.

Well, all that unconventional blitzing really seems to work well for you guys, keep it up!

Well, all that unconventional blitzing really seems to work well for you guys, keep it up!

Funny, when Jones was DC in Calgary he never blitzed much. But same thing, his DL did things that other teams didn't. His defensive schemes were complex. Calgary was near or at the bottom in 2011 for qb sacks sacks. When he left to to go to the Argos only a handful of Stampeder defensive players were sad to see him go. 

Why does Buck get a pass from Burke being upset with the vets? Somebody call in and ask him.

because Buck doesn't go on Twitter and make comments about Mack?  Because Buck plays the way Crowton asks him too and accepts the responsibilities given him without complaining?  Because Buck is a leader?  Because Buck didn't get busted with pot in the off-season and didn't tell the team?

Funny, when Jones was DC in Calgary he never blitzed much. But same thing, his DL did things that other teams didn't. His defensive schemes were complex. Calgary was near or at the bottom in 2011 for qb sacks sacks. When he left to to go to the Argos only a handful of Stampeder defensive players were sad to see him go. 

and wasn't Calgary also leading the league in cheap shots at the time Jones was there too?  No coincidence.

because Buck doesn't go on Twitter and make comments about Mack?  Because Buck plays the way Crowton asks him too and accepts the responsibilities given him without complaining?  Because Buck is a leader?  Because Buck didn't get busted with pot in the off-season and didn't tell the team?

Fans can say what they want about Buck's health. But as far as being a leader, he has all the respect in the dressing room. I doubt Hefney had any of that for the reasons KBF stated. While Buck is a warrior for the Bombers, Hefney put himself first on more than one occasion.

Fans can say what they want about Buck's health. But as far as being a leader, he has all the respect in the dressing room. I doubt Hefney had any of that for the reasons KBF stated. While Buck is a warrior for the Bombers, Hefney put himself first on more than one occasion.

I would argue that Buck not giving up and calling it a career is putting himself first as well.

But I suppose that's an argument for another time.

I would argue that Buck not giving up and calling it a career is putting himself first as well.

I argue that all the time, at this point he's taking the football team and the fans down with him. Very selfish, he knows he doesn't have it, the fans know he doesn't have it, yet he refuses to step down. It's why I can care less if he gets injured.(long as it isn't future life altering)

What is the point of blaming Buck?  Any player with an ounce of gumption, wants to play and will do anything he needs to do, to stay on the field.

Management has made the decision, the last number of years.....to put all of the eggs, in Buck's basket.   We still do not have the heir apparent, as well.....which is turning into somewhat of a vicious cycle......