Argos @ Bombers GDT

Zontar

Burke throws Ford need the bus on the post game show it out mni

I'm curious to hear more about this once you translate it back into English. ;)

Stupid phone. I meant to say, Burke throws Ford under the bus after the game for the timecount, without mentioning that the coaches could have called a timeout if they were paying any attention at all. A coaches only job on gameday is to manage the game, and Burke is just terrible at it.

Actually he couldn't call a time-out. There was a rule change for this season that a team can only call one time-out in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. Burke had called a time-out with about 2 minutes left. It would have been a delay of game penalty if he had tried to call another time-out although that would have been better than a loss of down.

Burke throws Ford need the bus on the post game show it out mni

I'm curious to hear more about this once you translate it back into English. ;)

Stupid phone. I meant to say, Burke throws Ford under the bus after the game for the timecount, without mentioning that the coaches could have called a timeout if they were paying any attention at all. A coaches only job on gameday is to manage the game, and Burke is just terrible at it.

Actually he couldn't call a time-out. There was a rule change for this season that a team can only call one time-out in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. Burke had called a time-out with about 2 minutes left. It would have been a delay of game penalty if he had tried to call another time-out although that would have been better than a loss of down.

We still had both our time outs.

We still had both our time outs.

Had my times mixed up. They took the time-out with 30 some seconds left after Foster took a knee, not earlier. Thanks.

Burke as an idiot plain and simple.

I completely agree.

Who goes for a field goal down 6 with 2 minutes left within the redzone. How the **** does Burke have a job in professional football

As much as it might be hard to admit, going for the field goal was the right given that it would have been third and ten. Take the points and be down 3. The D was playing pretty good to that point and you'd have to trust that we'd get the ball back with time to shoot for another field goal to tie it.

Who goes for a field goal down 6 with 2 minutes left within the redzone. How the **** does Burke have a job in professional football

As much as it might be hard to admit, going for the field goal was the right given that it would have been third and ten. Take the points and be down 3. The D was playing pretty good to that point and you'd have to trust that we'd get the ball back with time to shoot for another field goal to tie it.

I disagree, kicking the field goal is playing for a tie. The position on the field the Bombers were in You gotta try and score the touchdown and even if you don't make it you're still down by 6 with plenty of time to get the ball back and win. As it ended up they were still down by 6 when they got the ball back. you're sitting at 3 wins on the season might as well go out trying to win rather than playing the passive game, epsecially when the offense was actually marching pretty well on the drive. 

I disagree, kicking the field goal is playing for a tie. The position on the field the Bombers were in You gotta try and score the touchdown and even if you don't make it you're still down by 6 with plenty of time to get the ball back and win. As it ended up they were still down by 6 when they got the ball back. you're sitting at 3 wins on the season might as well go out trying to win rather than playing the passive game, epsecially when the offense was actually marching pretty well on the drive.

If you go for it on third and ten and don't convert your still down by 6. The following possession for TO resulted in a field goal meaning we would have been down by 9 at that point. Therefore we wouldn't have had the same shot to win the game at the end as we did.

If you go for it on third and ten and don't convert your still down by 6. The following possession for TO resulted in a field goal meaning we would have been down by 9 at that point. Therefore we wouldn't have had the same shot to win the game at the end as we did.

But Toronto would have started from their 13 yard line instead of their 35. If they had then moved the ball the same distance they likely would have punted rather than go for the FG.

but at the time you make the decision you assume your defense is going to step up and prevent a score. I'll take my chances with a defense when the turnover might occur that deep in the argos own end. 

But Toronto would have started from their 13 yard line instead of their 35. If they had then moved the ball the same distance they likely would have punted rather than go for the FG.

If they punt they are then likely putting us back within our own 20 this giving us a longer field to have to score a major.

but at the time you make the decision you assume your defense is going to step up and prevent a score. I'll take my chances with a defense when the turnover might occur that deep in the argos own end.

You can pin your hopes on a turnover either way whether you're down by 3 or down by 6. The only difference is that being down by 3 you have the option to tie with a FG.

I say this all based on the fact that it was third and ten with a gameplan that had almost completely abdoned the run at that point. If it had been third and 6 or less, then the right call is likely to try and get the first down.

The field goal/non field goal thing is a bit of a so what either one is the right call. Not calling time out before the delay of game is 100% on Burke and both inexcusable/unforgivable. Almost as bad is the 3rd down long bomb with the game on the line, whoever was responsible for it, whether it be Hall or Bellefool, it's enough for me to never want to see them again. Both of these points just exhibit a certain amount of stupidity you can't forgive and you lose all hope with said personnels ability to think and do their job.

Almost as bad is the 3rd down long bomb with the game on the line, if that was Halls, whoever was responsible for it, whether it be Hall or Bellefool, it's enough for me to never want to see them again. Both of these points just exhibit a certain amount of stupidity you can't forgive and you lose all hope with said personnels ability to think and do their job.

Whatever the play call was at that point, it wasn't executed properly. Our receivers were covered and he went to the most viable receiver.

I'm more upset that we don't have a play-ready call for that situation. Something that normally isn't accounted for. A type of Pontbriand blocker-release-for-a-short-pass kind of thing. Think Vega TD pass from last year.