Argos @ Bombers GDT

Zontar

How does a coach not use any of his 2 timeouts when clock time is going to be an issue, especially on the time count play.

He did use one time out on the play after Foster took a knee. It was the same play where the command centre reviewed a catch.

Isn't that a forced timeout when there is an injury, or is that NFL I'm thinking of?

It would have been an injury time out if Burke hadn't called one. It's possible Burke called it just before Foster took a knee - Foster was down when the announcers said Winnipeg had called a time out.

Who goes for a field goal down 6  with 2 minutes left within the redzone. How the **** does Burke have a job in professional football

The Bombers can't seriously be considering keeping Burke. Please no. Give us some hope.

Nah, you can't bring both him and Walters back. 

They'll turf Burke, Walters will become GM and "put the focus on finding a coach that understands Bomber football better."

Thats what we do around here -- throw the previous guy under the bus before the tires even start to spin. . 

They'll turf Burke, Walters will become GM and "put the focus on finding a coach that understands Bomber football better."

Thats what we do around here -- throw the previous guy under the bus before the tires even start to spin. .

Burke's been spinning the tires all season. I don't see how anyone could suggest firing Burke would be throwing him under the bus.

on the foster catch hall was contacted to head blatantly, a lot less then we did to ray. not to be a sore loser but that is ******* horrible. told a season ticket holder behind me, and he agreed, id pay an extra 10 dollars a ticket for better refs, for both teams. I can understand bad refs just sick of inconsistent garbage on both sides

I definitely say that was a blow to the head, a call that has been made over and over in recent weeks and for an official to not call this, when he is specifically charged with looking for plays like that, is just nuts.

How does a coach not use any of his 2 timeouts when clock time is going to be an issue, especially on the time count play.

He did use one time out on the play after Foster took a knee. It was the same play where the command centre reviewed a catch.

Isn't that a forced timeout when there is an injury, or is that NFL I'm thinking of?

NFL.  The only way to lose a timeout in the CFL is by losing a 2nd challenge.

Burke's been spinning the tires all season. I don't see how anyone could suggest firing Burke would be throwing him under the bus.

I agree, Burke is awful, but so is the roster. Really, we do not have a .500 team with Trestman or Huffer on the sidelines.

I agree, Burke is awful, but so is the roster. Really, we do not have a .500 team with Trestman or Huffer on the sidelines.

This team is easily 9-9 with one of those guys, and Max Hall probably wouldn't be our starting QB either.

This team is easily 9-9 with one of those guys, and Max Hall probably wouldn't be our starting QB either.

The coach doesn't really control what QBs are on the team, so unless you think someone in our current crop of QBs is better than Max Hall, he likely would be our starting QB.

I don't think they can afford to keep Burke, even if keeping him seems like a way to save money.  Say goodbye to 10,000 season ticket holders, although many will be gone regardless you might be able to salvage some with the promise of a halfway competent coach and manager.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if they kept the core of this staff together, mostly due to cost.

The Bombers can't seriously be considering keeping Burke. Please no. Give us some hope.

This is my biggest fear right now.......................... well this and ventriloquist dummies.

Ready or not?

We still had Denmark and Edwards playing and you're not going to take Kelly out of the game with the way he has been playing, so...

Then Kelly gets hurt and Sims-Walker gets his chance.

Kelly was good for a play or two a game and doesn't have much of an all-around game.  Hardly a cornerstone player that should stop the Bombers from looking at other prospects.

Denmark's guaranteed himself a job somewhere next season, great receiver that can play every spot.

Ready or not?

We still had Denmark and Edwards playing and you're not going to take Kelly out of the game with the way he has been playing, so...

Then Kelly gets hurt and Sims-Walker gets his chance.

Kelly was good for a play or two a game and doesn't have much of an all-around game.  Hardly a cornerstone player that should stop the Bombers from looking at other prospects.

Denmark's guaranteed himself a job somewhere next season, great receiver that can play every spot.

Kelly's play, in this offence, was the only glow we had. 

We can't pretend he didn't have an impact, be it ever so humble.

His future, as with all our guys, is to be determined.

Combine that with the fact Sims-Walker was reputed to have been 'walking' through practices and I think you have an answer.