Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 CFL Around The League (Not Bombers Specific)

With Rookie Camps getting underway Wednesday, it's time to talk about the 2026 CFL season!

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 3DownNation DAZN hires Chris Streveler as CFL, NFL analyst - 3DownNation Chris Streveler has been hired by DAZN as a CFL and NFL analyst, creator, and on-air personality, the streaming service announc

  • 17to85
    17to85

    No I don't

  • JuranBoldenRules
    JuranBoldenRules

    Heard yesterday morning out of Regina a Rider player had been in a wreck and that it was likely the Rider players fault, didn't know who until afternoon. Then a lot of locals went off on a "brown guy

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The issue with the DAZN deal will be sustainability. We've been through this so many times with the CFL. US expansion, deal with NFL....more money in the immediate with no long-term sustainability.

Problem is DAZN is incredibly niche. They are basically pushing people to piracy. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV have massive subscriber bases. If DAZN doesn't make money on this, what is the next deal going to look like?

Does it matter right now? This league was given an opportunity to inject a good amount of cash right now.... The world is going to be so different in 5 years it will be hard to predict what anything looks like.

The problem is paying for 2 streaming services for one small league. I pay for TSN for CFL. The rest of my TV is on Kodi. I'm 69, so it's not just the kids that don't want to pay for multiple streaming services.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Does it matter right now? This league was given an opportunity to inject a good amount of cash right now.... The world is going to be so different in 5 years it will be hard to predict what anything looks like.

YUP....5 yrs to tweak and adjust...but the influx in these 5 yrs should allow the league, and teams to be on pretty solid footing...Especially if they actually adapt to the now and stop trying to promote and market like its still 2015

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The problem is paying for 2 streaming services for one small league. I pay for TSN for CFL. The rest of my TV is on Kodi. I'm 69, so it's not just the kids that don't want to pay for multiple streaming services.

get an IPTV...Or do you have one already...Lotsa cheap services out there and the one I use has all the DAZN feeds...well it has all of everything...I just set mine up to get all the U.S...CDN...UK channels as well as sports packages..pay per views...etc...I think I pay like 19 bucks a month

  • Author

It's weird that this whole DAZN conversation is coming up again after we hashed all this out months ago, but..... One thing lost in the recent conversation, which was mentioned the first time around, is that it's been speculated DAZN will have a CFL-only package price next year, so you're not necessarily paying the full freight for everything they offer. This will make things a lot more palatable, at least in the near term.

This is a great opportunity for lounges to step up and attract fans to their establishments on Saturday nights.

13 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

This is a great opportunity for lounges to step up and attract fans to their establishments on Saturday nights.

or if it an away game the Bomber's themselves host a viewing party at the stadium...dont even charge admission....just get the proceeds from concessions...I sure they can pay the subscription price for DAZN....If it means trimming the roster of a dud...or lame coach....so be it hahaha

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

The problem is paying for 2 streaming services for one small league. I pay for TSN for CFL. The rest of my TV is on Kodi. I'm 69, so it's not just the kids that don't want to pay for multiple streaming services.

I get it. My dad who is a bit older isn't happy either. Unfortunately, your $$ isn't what they're after any more. We complain that the CFL fans average age is too high. Well...this is part of getting it lower.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

The problem is paying for 2 streaming services for one small league. I pay for TSN for CFL. The rest of my TV is on Kodi. I'm 69, so it's not just the kids that don't want to pay for multiple streaming services.

I literally spent way too much time on the phone with sales people and then the loyalty side to get the best price I could on tv by explaining that literally all I need are tsn, Sportsnet and maybe Crave.... Forget the rest of the ****, that's what I watch I don't want more monthly payments. This dazn thing poses me off cause I probably wouldn't even bother with a tv subscription at all if not for the CFL.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Does it matter right now? This league was given an opportunity to inject a good amount of cash right now.... The world is going to be so different in 5 years it will be hard to predict what anything looks like.

This mentality is why this league and its franchises are constantly on the brink of collapse financially.

DAZN had a deal with Bell for NFL and now half the stuff the offered exclusively on DAZN two years ago is already gone because their base didn’t grow. Guess the CFL will be different.

DAZN has the equivalent of minor league sports from Europe and Asia, qualifying rounds of Champs League as an enticement to subscribe. Terrible partner for a league trying to build credibility and on existing fan base. I’d rather pay Amazon to put our games on than take a few bucks from DAZN for 5 years if growth is the actual goal.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I get it. My dad who is a bit older isn't happy either. Unfortunately, your $$ isn't what they're after any more. We complain that the CFL fans average age is too high. Well...this is part of getting it lower.

Problem is the younger demographic isn’t paying the bill if they are going to pirate the games. Same issue DAZN/Bell has had with NFL while trying to offer exclusives.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's weird that this whole DAZN conversation is coming up again after we hashed all this out months ago, but..... One thing lost in the recent conversation, which was mentioned the first time around, is that it's been speculated DAZN will have a CFL-only package price next year, so you're not necessarily paying the full freight for everything they offer. This will make things a lot more palatable, at least in the near term.

Speculated but not confirmed…Wade will “take care of season ticket holders”….great, that’s 5% of the TV market.

I tried IPTV years ago; the feeds were inconsistent, and they were mostly SD. The first time my CFL game got scrambled while I was watching was the last time I trusted them (I tried several). Went to Kodi which is free for TV content, and haven't looked back. A TSN streaming during CFL season is all I pay TV wise, but I do pay for 1 G internet.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I tried IPTV years ago; the feeds were inconsistent, and they were mostly SD. The first time my CFL game got scrambled while I was watching was the last time I trusted them (I tried several). Went to Kodi which is free for TV content, and haven't looked back. A TSN streaming during CFL season is all I pay TV wise, but I do pay for 1 G internet.

I did the opposite. I was using Kodi for years but switched over to IPTV about a year ago. I was tired of add-ons getting nuked and I've no problems whatsoever since making the move. i still have Kodi on a few devices but haven't had to use it all.

51 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I tried IPTV years ago; the feeds were inconsistent, and they were mostly SD. The first time my CFL game got scrambled while I was watching was the last time I trusted them (I tried several). Went to Kodi which is free for TV content, and haven't looked back. A TSN streaming during CFL season is all I pay TV wise, but I do pay for 1 G internet.

Its changed. Like I mentioned i haven't missed a game its all whatever resolution you want and this past NFL week was great

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Its changed. Like I mentioned i haven't missed a game its all whatever resolution you want and this past NFL week was great

yup....my service is all HD and rarely get any buffer issues...and if I do it's like a 2..3 second pause...not a big deal

I run mine thru TV Mate app...excellent guide...can manage and sort all your channels...easy peasy...I still tho keep a basic cable package too as I pvr all the games to review, and dont wanna eat up memory on any of my boxes

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....my service is all HD and rarely get any buffer issues...and if I do it's like a 2..3 second pause...not a big deal

I run mine thru TV Mate app...excellent guide...can manage and sort all your channels...easy peasy...I still tho keep a basic cable package too as I pvr all the games to review, and dont wanna eat up memory on any of my boxes

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....my service is all HD and rarely get any buffer issues...and if I do it's like a 2..3 second pause...not a big deal

I run mine thru TV Mate app...excellent guide...can manage and sort all your channels...easy peasy...I still tho keep a basic cable package too as I pvr all the games to review, and dont wanna eat up memory on any of my boxes

Mine is based on TiviMate as well. There are different options (ex usb memory stick, external hard drive) you can setup to create extra storage so you can record without worrying about space.

I've heard if you are able to use a browser on your tv that live streams are plentiful and easy to watch sporting events as long as you have an ad blocker running. So I hear....

Here's a question - why is Kevin Glenn not in the CFL Hall of Fame? He played for every team!!

41 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Here's a question - why is Kevin Glenn not in the CFL Hall of Fame? He played for every team!!

If this is a serious question because he was good to very good but not great.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I tried IPTV years ago; the feeds were inconsistent, and they were mostly SD. The first time my CFL game got scrambled while I was watching was the last time I trusted them (I tried several). Went to Kodi which is free for TV content, and haven't looked back. A TSN streaming during CFL season is all I pay TV wise, but I do pay for 1 G internet.

There are good ones out there WOBBO and Wavstreamz for two.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I've heard if you are able to use a browser on your tv that live streams are plentiful and easy to watch sporting events as long as you have an ad blocker running. So I hear....

And Proton has a good free vpn and email server.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

giphy.gif

Because it lies in a grey area and no counry has been to legislate international internet traffic. Been using it for almost 10 years.

50 minutes ago, Ckr said:

Because it lies in a grey area and no counry has been to legislate international internet traffic. Been using it for almost 10 years.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I've heard if you are able to use a browser on your tv that live streams are plentiful and easy to watch sporting events as long as you have an ad blocker running. So I hear....

FirDurX.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.