Preseason B Super Saturday OTT@HAM, BC@CGY, SSK@EDM, TOR@MTL

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ex Bomber RB Ronnie Brown looking super ordinary for the RedBlacks.

Can’t be. I hear he’s the fastest guy in the league. Right up there with tyreek hill! 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Grant has to be the best ever. Stokes was good but as each generation is better than the last, I'm not sure anyone has been as good as Grant.

Yeah i'd say Stokes was Grant level, but we havent had many other great ones over the years.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Im not sure which is funnier, the Riders winning a meaningless preseason game or losing a meaningless preseason game

Both...their projected online was very Swiss cheese as usual too

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah i'd say Stokes was Grant level, but we havent had many other great ones over the years.

Stokes was on grants level in terms of explosive gains, but no where near his consistent ability to gain yards, especially the tough hard yards. Stokes was a much better offensive player though. 2500 rec yards 10 TDS. 

Poobah randy Ambrosie sends out a tweet today saying he hopes fans enjoy Super Saturday & no TSN. Yeah, we can stream the games but still what a joke. I saw some photos of people taking pictures of the crowd at McMahon today  & it's 1982-3 Montreal Alouettes at Olympic Stadium bad. Just before they folded. Between 8-10,000, I bet. 

Anyone see Fajardo throw up two complete ducks that his WR made great plays on? His deep ball is rough. One should have never been thrown and the other should have been a walk in touchdown. Grant after being 2 or 3 steps ahead of coverage had to stop and come back for the ball before over powering a couple absurd tackle attempts. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Albert Johnson was no slouch either...and put up solid reciever numbers one yr as well I recall

And the best offensive weapon of the 3. 

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Absurdly strong. Didn’t look it, but nearly impossible to bring down.

Stiff arming much bigger guys into the dirt. 

Riders barely won with the LOLks in their usual form. MBT was a hot mess which was fun to watch. The crowing and strutting coming from The Gap over the next couple weeks will be hilarious...

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone see Fajardo throw up two complete ducks that his WR made great plays on? His deep ball is rough. One should have never been thrown and the other should have been a walk in touchdown. Grant after being 2 or 3 steps ahead of coverage had to stop and come back for the ball before over powering a couple absurd tackle attempts. 

Evergreen post that could be from 2019 or today ...

40 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

So...status quo on the deep shots...how we lost to that turd I can't comprehend 

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Riders barely won with the LOLks in their usual form. MBT was a hot mess which was fun to watch. The crowing and strutting coming from The Gap over the next couple weeks will be hilarious...

Evergreen post that could be from 2019 or today ...

See the Elks have continued that knack to just handing a team chances to win over and over...

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

So...status quo on the deep shots...how we lost to that turd I can't comprehend 

See the Elks have continued that knack to just handing a team chances to win over and over...

Hilarious INTs from MBT....

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Poobah randy Ambrosie sends out a tweet today saying he hopes fans enjoy Super Saturday & no TSN. Yeah, we can stream the games but still what a joke. I saw some photos of people taking pictures of the crowd at McMahon today  & it's 1982-3 Montreal Alouettes at Olympic Stadium bad. Just before they folded. Between 8-10,000, I bet. 

lol. Streaming is the future. It’s pre season. The bombers only draw like half their normal sell out also. We will have less than 20k at our pre season game. Guaranteed. Announced more but in the stadium will be way less. It’s just pre season.  

Edited by Goalie

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

lol. Streaming is the future. It’s pre season. The bombers only draw like half their normal sell out also. We will have less than 20k at our pre season game. Guaranteed. Announced more but in the stadium will be way less. It’s just pre season.  

Also Calgary is an embarrassment to the league. Both the city and the team itself. It's no wonder they can't draw flies with that medieval dungeon they call a stadium...

Also the games aren’t on tsn probably because tsn like 75 percent of the cfl fans, don’t care about pre season. And for the most part it’s really really bad awful boring football. Like xfl season 1 Vince McMahon era bad but they had gimmicks and fun camera angles. I’d bet if lawler put he hate me on the back, ppl would tune in 

Edited by Goalie

23 hours ago, Booch said:

Hes extremely fast tho lol

Grant was fearless and tough as they come...part of what made him great

Don't underestimate the value of Grant's fearlessness. He made a snap decision about where to go and hit it at top speed in about 3 steps.   

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's hard to call what the CFL offers "streaming."

It's more like "watch on potato quality video through a browser."

21 hours ago, Goalie said:

The future isn't now. And we make no money on streaming anyway. We say this all the time but TSN does nothing to grow the game in Canada. Neither does the CFL. The leagues sits on it's boney, skinny ass picking it's nose. Meanwhile, you'd think that TSN would try to make 4 games a big deal in the pre season. Do something...  Anything. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's hard to call what the CFL offers "streaming."

It's more like "watch on potato quality video through a browser."

True enough but it’s something for those that really want it right. I could watch it at my lake on the boat. They got a long way to go. 

TSN obviously is an issue. You have 4 fn channels. Does women’s hockey need to be on all of them. 

Edited by Goalie

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The future isn't now. And we make no money on streaming anyway. We say this all the time but TSN does nothing to grow the game in Canada. Neither does the CFL. The leagues sits on it's boney, skinny ass picking it's nose. Meanwhile, you'd think that TSN would try to make 4 games a big deal in the pre season. Do something...  Anything. 

The best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago. The second best time is right now.

I dunno. You could have a Super Saturday the 2nd week of the pre season. Make a big deal of it. Maybe televise 2 or 3 games to get fans excited about the season upcoming. Really make a big deal of it. But it's the CFL, Randy Ambrosie & TSN. It just makes too much sense so it'll never happen.