3 stars plus hh ldcraptastic

wbbfan

2 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

There were many reasons for our defeat. Essentially no group played 60 minute football. It only takes a couple of errors to lose a game. We gave up 3 points early because of a turnover. Houston and then Rose tried to undercut a pass resulting in a 108 yard TD drive for the Riders.  Collaros had 29 yards passing in the 1st half. Schoen dropped a couple. Lawler dropped on.

Our coverage and return games were as bad as we've seen in recent years.

I wasn't impressed with the play calling on offence or defence.

Other than in o.t...defence gave up 1 td...a shitacular return/cover teams...2 bonehead giving away points lost it...even with a bagged out defense we should have one....but the sluggish offence sealed the loss

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Those 2 factors for sure, but O'Shea giving up 2 singles, especially the no yards one, was absolutely braindead and inexcusable and led directly to the loss. Primary reason we lost IMO.

Given the offensive struggles I find it hard to fault them trying to get some field position.  Killed all day in that aspect. 

Bottom line we are supposed to have the best qb, the best and deepest OL, the best receiving corps and best running back..... no excuses for them to struggle. None at all and I'm not going to nitpick at other aspects when the fault lies squarely on the offense. They are all paid too well to play that shitty no matter who they are facing.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Given the offensive struggles I find it hard to fault them trying to get some field position.  Killed all day in that aspect. 

Bottom line we are supposed to have the best qb, the best and deepest OL, the best receiving corps and best running back..... no excuses for them to struggle. None at all and I'm not going to nitpick at other aspects when the fault lies squarely on the offense. They are all paid too well to play that shitty no matter who they are facing.

QB, RB, and receiving corps are tops, but i no longer consider our o-line to be the best. Theyve taken a big step back from previous years and Collaros knows/feels it. IMO its the leading cause for his being "off" this season.

29 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

QB, RB, and receiving corps are tops, but i no longer consider our o-line to be the best. Theyve taken a big step back from previous years and Collaros knows/feels it. IMO its the leading cause for his being "off" this season.

But we are supposed to have depth. Not working? Make changes.

guys this conversation has gone off topic.  This is supposed to be a 3 stars thread.  Let's move these discussions into the Banjo Bowl Early talk thread.

Anyways, once I've simmered down from the BS of the LDC.  3 stars:

1. Brady O. - 2 TDS.  Man alive this guy is my hero.  Continues to find yards when they aren't there.

2. Demski - guy is having a phenomenal season

3. Defense - These guys did everything to get the bombers a win, but our O and Special Teams **** the bed hard.    As someone mentioned, having Sask constantly start at their 50, was a huge issue .

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It’s been degrading since the 21 gc win. Gray shouldn’t be a guard, nuefeld is toast, kola is pr quality. Bryant and hardrick as good as they are can’t carry the interior of our ol. 
 I’d swap Eli for kola and Dobson for gray and run 6ol a lot more with gray basically being a starter and woli a sub. Then kola would be the back up. 

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly that game comes down to 2 things for me: receivers didn't make catches and collaros appears to have the yips. Has for a while now. He just doesn't have the same swagger he had previously. Off on his throws,  doesn't trust his protection. Not sure what's going on with the guy. 

Agreed. Zach just seems to be a bit off.....and then he throws that beauty pass in the OT