Argblows and Gapper game day

Booch

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He looked good on that drive but it is garbage time. Maybe it's time for CFL teams to let the young guys play instead of the retreaded old guys who need wheelchairs to get home after every game.

100%. It would be nice to see a new QB emerge. How do you feel about Dru Brown? He might have a new home next season, I’ve liked him from what I’ve seen

Just now, greenrider55 said:

100%. It would be nice to see a new QB emerge. How do you feel about Dru Brown? He might have a new home next season, I’ve liked him from what I’ve seen

Fans are high on Brown. I'm concerned if Collaros goes down as we haven't really seen enough to know if he is ready to step in as the starter. Big question mark.

Different game this year from last. No cheap shot artists or thugs on the Riders anymore. I like their team a lot more this year. No Marino or Williams.

What if, the CFL says to the Bombers we want you to sacrifice one of your home games to play in another TD Atlantic next season & they only get 10,000 to the game.? How do the Bombers get back the money they'd lose by sacrificing a home game where anywhere from 28-30,000 would have shown up? Not just lost ticket revenue but lost parking, merch & concession sales? I'm hoping that never happens but you can't just have the Argos playing in the Maritimes every year. The CFL would have to be prepared to adequately compensate any team for lost revenues to get them to give up a home date. But we've been told over & over the league HO is broke. So, I just don't know how it would be done. Hoping the Bombers say no, if asked.

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What if, the CFL says to the Bombers we want you to sacrifice one of your home games to play in another TD Atlantic next season & they only get 10,000 to the game.? How do the Bombers get back the money they'd lose by sacrificing a home game where anywhere from 28-30,000 would have shown up? Not just lost ticket revenue but lost parking, merch & concession sales? I'm hoping that never happens but you can't just have the Argos playing in the Maritimes every year. The CFL would have to be prepared to adequately compensate any team for lost revenues to get them to give up a home date. But we've been told over & over the league HO is broke. So, I just don't know how it would be done. Hoping the Bombers say no, if asked.

They should have two Touchdown Atlantics - where the Argos and Elks play two games out there back to back, as both of them giving up home games seems to be a pretty easy ask.

The Maritimes flirtation is some of the biggest nonsense going.  Costs to do anything there are multiples more than any other market…building a stadium, travel etc.

Nobody wants to own the team and the government there is so under resourced and devastated by a decade of austerity prior to this current government.  They can’t front hundreds of millions if there’s no payoff.

Teams in the four biggest markets and Edmonton are losing $5+ million a season.

There is no value to the league forcing a team into that market and no value in continuing the neutral site games.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I've seen highschool teams with more diverse offences that what Jeffries for Sask is putting out there...brutal

There's a reason he was like the 19th choice for the job. Their entire football ops should be replaced but I'm hoping for extensions for everyone!

10 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

There's a reason he was like the 19th choice for the job. Their entire football ops should be replaced but I'm hoping for extensions for everyone!

Yes please....please PLEASE use the excuse Harris went down and they deserve another yr! 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fans are high on Brown. I'm concerned if Collaros goes down as we haven't really seen enough to know if he is ready to step in as the starter. Big question mark.

Different game this year from last. No cheap shot artists or thugs on the Riders anymore. I like their team a lot more this year. No Marino or Williams.

No one is THAT high on brown, just that he's shown some things. Honestly I think his upside is a Kevin Glenn type if he reaches it. 

20 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Funny you should mention high school offense with Kelly Jeffrey… that’s the exact comparison I made today. Reminds me of playing receiver in high school, 5 yard curls, screens, and a lot of failed handoffs.

Yeah...it's what I see...it's just brutal

The Riders O is a tire fire and wasn't scoring points with Harris either. OL is still a disaster. I really don't understand their roster moves this off-season. Pinning their hopes on a FA spree of Harris, Blake, and Johnson was such a huge gamble given their ages. As anyone with a peanut for a brain should have known they were likely to be injured. Only Micah remains..but he is out of gas by the end of 1Q.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The Riders O is a tire fire and wasn't scoring points with Harris either. OL is still a disaster. I really don't understand their roster moves this off-season. Pinning their hopes on a FA spree of Harris, Blake, and Johnson was such a huge gamble given their ages. As anyone with a peanut for a brain should have known they were likely to be injured. Only Micah remains..but he is out of gas by the end of 1Q.

The Elks only wish they had the Riders problems. That may be the worst team ever fielded in the CFL. Jason Boltus would be a starter on the Elks.