Pre-season Game 1 : Bombers vs. L(k)’s GDT

Geebrr

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

full disclosure but I haven’t had much time to watch training camp and cuts etc. but does BOLO make the roster? We seem to have a stacked WR core and he seems to be the odd man out. Yeah it’s only a half a pre-season game but it’s going to be curious on everyone take. Are there others on the chopping block?

We need a backup cdn. That's Bolo. 

I think Agudosi is the odd man out. 

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

full disclosure but I haven’t had much time to watch training camp and cuts etc. but does BOLO make the roster? We seem to have a stacked WR core and he seems to be the odd man out. Yeah it’s only a half a pre-season game but it’s going to be curious on everyone take. Are there others on the chopping block?

He’s a shoe in. Our only back up ni wr for 2 starters. 

Just now, Goalie said:

We need a backup cdn. That's Bolo. 

I think Agudosi is the odd man out. 

I think it’ll be mcg on the outs not agudosi. 

I also think Augustine is going to need a much better performance next week. Other wise we are gonna really need to sift through cuts for a better back up ni rb. 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Linebackers making tackles 7-8 yards downfield is not a positive. We know what we have in Clements, Wade needs to show more next week

Not trying to single you out and tell you you’re wrong, but Wade was blitzing on almost every single instance that happened in the 2nd Q. 

I honestly think he’s showing just fine. Certainly better than Clements, imo. It looks like he’s trying to process a bit too much but his range/activity level were both impressive to me in the moments I was watching him. 

Parker and Holm are great looking CFL DB's.  Can turn up the aggression and come down hill at ballcarriers, great ball skills, both can return kicks too.  I don't see anyway that these two guys don't make the team, even if it means one of Rose or Lawrence are cut.

Kelly noticeable in contain on punt cover, bet he's on the roster day 1 too.

I'm hoping for a little more juice out of Brian Cole if he's there when he gets out there at WIL.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Parker and Holm are great looking CFL DB's.  Can turn up the aggression and come down hill at ballcarriers, great ball skills, both can return kicks too.  I don't see anyway that these two guys don't make the team, even if it means one of Rose or Lawrence are cut.

I'm hoping for a little more juice out of Brian Cole if he's there when he gets out there at WIL.

I really like Holm and Parker. Our scouts know their DBs.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

He’s a shoe in. Our only back up ni wr for 2 starters. 

I think it’ll be mcg on the outs not agudosi. 

I also think Augustine is going to need a much better performance next week. Other wise we are gonna really need to sift through cuts for a better back up ni rb. 

Augustine started last year poorly but got better as the season wore on. But, yeah. looked slow and indecisive.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I really like Lawrence and how he played last year but right now it looks like we go young at db. Rose is leader who wants to be here I think they’ll keep him one way or another but he might be our 7th best db. 

Based on what I've heard about Agudosi's camp so far...I find it hard to believe we will be cutting him.

As for BOLO...based on that first half we clearly have a guy with a lot of talent. The ones he didn't catch were largely forced throws. Sure, he could have made better plays on the ball, but I don't hold those against him. I have a feeling BOLO might be our top canadian receiver by years end if given the opportunity.

I'm a bit more worried about our defense.

Just now, wbbfan said:

Bad tackling makes for bad football. No matter who you cheer for.  

And injuries.  Even high school now we're about 1/3 practices in pads...but a lot of guys have never played before.  They aren't getting much contact until they are out there for real.

OK DL Coach...teach the guys about offside.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And injuries.  Even high school now we're about 1/3 practices in pads...but a lot of guys have never played before.  They aren't getting much contact until they are out there for real.

That’s a horrific thought.