Round 1 - Game 2 : @ Vegas Golden Nugget Knights

16 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

This feels like a rope-a-dope game. Jets were flying in the first but exhausted themselves while the Knights hung around. Now it looks like they have no jump as they double shift an ineffective top line. 

Jets definitely looked gassed. Boys out at Coyote Ugly last night?

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not a good night from 55 from what I saw.

Top line kinda disappeared in the third. Morrissey struggled last night, too.

The Jets got away from their game after the Garbage Knights took the lead but I thought Stenlund's tying goal would've helped turn the tide. I just hope they flush the end result, learn from it, and set the tone early on in game 3.

Huge game tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Top line kinda disappeared in the third. Morrissey struggled last night, too.

The Jets got away from their game after the Garbage Knights took the lead but I thought Stenlund's tying goal would've helped turn the tide. I just hope they flush the end result, learn from it, and set the tone early on in game 3.

Huge game tomorrow!

It all comes down to pace. What we saw the first 5 periods of this series, Vegas can't compete, they don't have the horses. As soon as we slowed, it fits Vegas's style of play.

We keep at the right clip, we are by far the better team. 

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It all comes down to pace. What we saw the first 5 periods of this series, Vegas can't compete, they don't have the horses. As soon as we slowed, it fits Vegas's style of play.

The return of Ehlers would be huge in that regard. Hopefully we see him soon. I suspect he’s dealing with whiplash. 

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The Jets pace dropped because the top line (especially 55) refused to cut their shifts short when the opportunity arose.  The long change really hurt them in the second, but you have to be smarter about making the change when you can.  Don't know how long 55 was on for the first goal and the second goal was a result of icing and another gassed line.  Jets were winning all the races in the first when their shifts were shorter.

Edited by Wideleft

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

radio broadcast didnt say much about 55.

if he cant play two good games in a row, get rid of him.

I honestly think it would be best for both parties. He just hasn't developed into the leader they thought he would be and is too inconsistent. But, he still has a great game when he's playing and engaged (and in the offensive zone). 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I still think he has it in him to be a really great player in this league, but I don't think it'll be in Winnipeg. He needs a fresh start, so hopefully they can deal him without getting completely fleeced. 

I feel like if PLD goes this summer, they should just blow the whole thing up and rebuild through the draft. They could stockpile a lot assets and trade capital. 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I still think he has it in him to be a really great player in this league, but I don't think it'll be in Winnipeg. He needs a fresh start, so hopefully they can deal him without getting completely fleeced. 

There are very few scoring centres who make their linemates better.  Connor needs a pure playmaker at centre.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

He's 30. I think if he was going to be this, we would have seen it by now.

Well, the thing is we DID see it from him circa 2018, but he's since lost it. I think it's still in him, it just looks like he's stopped caring. He might get back to where he was as arguably the Jets best player (hard to remember those times) with another team where he's re-energized. 

5 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The Jets pace dropped because the top line (especially 55) refused to cut their shifts short when the opportunity arose.  The long change really hurt them in the second, but you have to be smarter about making the change when you can.  Don't know how long 55 was on for the first goal and the second goal was a result of icing and another gassed line.  Jets were winning all the races in the first when their shifts were shorter.

That to me is a coaching issue then. I.e., don't buy in to this then find yourself on the end of the bench.