Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Venetian Golden Knights

who'd thunk all it would take was to get Scheif out of the center position and on the wing with PLD?  Amazing how one line up change can turn an entire season around, and turn a team that looked flustered and lost into a behemoth who just steam-rolled right over those hapless Vegas bums last night.

Dubois and Connor were really feeling it last night. Scheifele may have been left off the score sheet but I thought that top line had a fantastic game as a whole and gave the Garbage Knights fits as the game went on.

If that's not a statement game, I don't know what is.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lowry always shows up for the playoffs. 

Very strong night for the third line.

15 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just when I think I can't love that Morgan Barron kid any more than I already do, he goes and gets 75 stitches and keeps playing.

If he lands anymore right than he did, we are having a much different conversation right now.

Thank goodness.

I highly respect the Vegas player who showed immediate concern.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm trying to counter his C's get degrees with B' s get (blank), A's get (blank).

My low brow humor could only come up with B's get Boobs. I'm obviously struggling.

Yes, off topic.

Go Jets Go. Leafs suck.

If I had known B's get Boobs I would have left the last 10 multiple choice questions blank on most of my exams lol...Go JETS!

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

I wonder if Vegas sticks with Brossoitt or goes with Quick  as a change of pace?

Potato-tomato GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by kelownabomberfan

51 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I wonder if Vegas sticks with Brossoitt or goes with Quick  as a change of pace?

I hope Brossoit gets all the starts, he was pretty cocky when he was here said to he was as good as Helle and should be playing more. I originally took it as being at the bar bravado but he really did think a lot of himself.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think they will. Vegas is 2 and out kind of team. Look at their coaches ;)

Quick is the backup right? Thompson is gonzo?

Heard on the broadcast that Thompson is close to coming back? Not sure.😊

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'd also give a bit of love to Appelton, he played outstanding.

The question is can they keep up this pace?

They can if they stay interested. They played like this until the end of December. Let's just see if anyone does something stupid, like run an opponent when they're vulnerable, and fire them up. 

They can take this series.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

They can if they stay interested. They played like this until the end of December. Let's just see if anyone does something stupid, like run an opponent when they're vulnerable, and fire them up. 

They can take this series.

Game 1 was textbook Bowness hockey and the team bought in again - it was a convincing victory. On the road in hostile territory, no less

I like their chances.