Round 1 - Game 1 : @ Venetian Golden Knights

50 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

cut.jpeg

Time: Tuesday 845?, CBC/SN

Stats: 46-34-3 @ 51-22-9

Streaks: L1 @ W2

Notes: Master vs the Apprentice 

giphy.gif

“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Winnipeg to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.”

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

it's times like this I'm glad I got to go to at least one White Out party back when it was still free of charge (why no away game parties? I expect late ass starts for games 1 and 2)

May be an image of text that says 'FANS WINNIPEG ETS WINNIPED This is a summary of the White Out Street Parties info: (More detailed information can be found ON our page) 2 Parties 1 on Donald St, $10 per ticket The 2nd is at True North Square $20 per ticket No viewing parties for away games are planned. Tickets for both will available through Ticketmaster at 10 am Apr. 17. If you have a question not already answered on OUR PAGE or problem with something contact the Jets or Economic Development Winnipeg. We provide information; we aren't the Jets or Street Parties Complaint Dept.'

Attend the White Out…or else! - TNSE Marketing

An sentence that caught my attention taken from a piece by Bryan Murphy Sporting News:

'There's no debate about who the Jets starter is. Like he has done all season, (and let's face it, most of his career), Connor Hellebuyck is going to be putting Winnipeg on his back, trying to nearly single-handedly get the team wins in the postseason'. 

Ummmmmmm sure I get the we go as Helle goes and sometimes this team fails miserably in supporting him (i.e., offensive and defensive support) but to me the bolded parts especially are a bit over the top. Last time I checked we do have other talent on the team. 

Don't know who Bryan Murphy is and what his background is but don't like him. 🙂

27 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Attend the White Out…or else! - TNSE Marketing

Marketing gone wrong

No photo description available.

kind of makes me glad I went to the Jets store yesterday mostly to buy stuff for a display at work, also a teacher is going to lend me a copy of one of Helle's books

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

(We'll even donate $5 on your behalf!)
(We'll write off the total for tax relief)

They can't! In order to claim the tax credit, they would have to declare that $5 as revenue. 

They get no tax benefit from passing on the contribution, same as when any grocery store asks you to donate $1, $2, $5, etc, to some charity of their choice.

Explained: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costofliving/checkout-donations-nobody-gets-tax-benefit-1.6524462

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

They can't! In order to claim the tax credit, they would have to declare that $5 as revenue. 

They get no tax benefit from passing on the contribution, same as when any grocery store asks you to donate $1, $2, $5, etc, to some charity of their choice.

Explained: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/costofliving/checkout-donations-nobody-gets-tax-benefit-1.6524462

Much appreciated. 

I still don't like the increased costs to attend a Whiteout Party, though.

VGK are going to be upset that everyone is taking the Jets. They'll want to jump out fast. 

Tough not to take the Jets with Helle but VGK wants the best team this year in the west and they're getting a star back just in time. 

Vegas in 5, hoping I'm way off. 

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

VGK are going to be upset that everyone is taking the Jets. They'll want to jump out fast. 

Tough not to take the Jets with Helle but VGK wants the best team this year in the west and they're getting a star back just in time. 

Vegas in 5, hoping I'm way off. 

This is the logical prediction that makes complete sense.

But, lesss gooooo.

Vegas for sure... Just not sure how many games. Jets are so bipolar since the new year, you don't know who's going to show up, and with no Ehlers and Perfetti, I just don't think they have the horses to win 4 games.