Reid and Walls inducted into Bomber HOF

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/06/winnipeg-blue-bombers-to-induct-former-players-fred-reid-gavin-walls-into-hall-of-fame/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Love it. 

At the time didn't realize how lucky we were to go from Roberts to Reid. That 260 game was something else. 

Walls was fun to watch and made a lot of plays. Didn't know he stayed in Winnipeg after football. 

I've always said the same thing,our transition from Blink to Reid with no drop off was a treat. Reid was an excellent back,great out of the back field and a decent blocker. Gavin Walls was a machine on the edge,him and Canada on each end was fun to watch. I do believe Gavin still lives here in the city and owns his own business as well. Both are deserving of this honor and were a treat to watch back in their times .

Edited by Nolby

2 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I've always said the same thing,our transition from Blink to Reid with no drop off was a treat. Reid was an excellent back,great out of the back field and a decent blocker. Gavin Walls was a machine on the edge,him and Canada on each end was fun to watch. I do believe Gavin still lives here in the city and owns his own business as well. Both are deserving of this honor and we're a treat to watch back in their times .

yeah he does....see him in the gym on occasion...actually gave him **** for wearing an alloutte t-shirt one time hahaha

Fred Reid was a bright spot on a rebuilding team in 2009, and 2010, averaging almost 7 yards a carry and 1400 yards rushing is actually pretty insane. I remember once he got through that initial 5-7 yards he could really flip the switch and get going. He was good for a couple of big runs each and every game. 

53 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Fred Reid was a bright spot on a rebuilding team in 2009, and 2010, averaging almost 7 yards a carry and 1400 yards rushing is actually pretty insane. I remember once he got through that initial 5-7 yards he could really flip the switch and get going. He was good for a couple of big runs each and every game. 

what are you talking about... 2009 we were all in baby! no rebuilding around these parts... we employed the smartest guy in the league, just ask the coach... he'll tell you it is being handled internally... the original Chris Jones

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

what are you talking about... 2009 we were all in baby! no rebuilding around these parts... we employed the smartest guy in the league, just ask the coach... he'll tell you it is being handled internally... the original Chris Jones

Yeah he dumped that loser qb and brought in the guy who became the next superstar in the league!

2 hours ago, blue85gold said:

What's absolutely wild is the fact Bernard had 112 rushing yards in this game as well. Over 370 yards on the ground between the two of them... That's gotta be a record.

Imagine how choked the Lions' defense must've been after that loss. BC sucks!

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Am I the only one who's underwhelmed?

Neither of these guys have Hall of Fame resumes, imo.

Reid had two good years. 

If they want to represent that era of Bomber football I think Jovon Johnson would have been a good choice. He has boarderline CFL hall of fame numbers and won DOPY award in Winnipeg and was a key member of our 2011 Grey Cup run. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

If they want to represent that era of Bomber football I think Jovon Johnson would have been a good choice. He has boarderline CFL hall of fame numbers and won DOPY award in Winnipeg and was a key member of our 2011 Grey Cup run. 

I believe Jovon will get a nomination in the next few years

34 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Am I the only one who's underwhelmed?

Neither of these guys have Hall of Fame resumes, imo.

Reid had two good years. 

Not sure what the criteria to make the Bomber HOF are but here's where they rank anyway:

(Reid) ranks seventh on Winnipeg’s all-time rushing yardage list with 4,505 yards, behind Roberts (9,987), Leo Lewis (8,861), Willard Reaves (5,923), Jim Washington (5,736), Gerry James (5,541), and Andrew Harris (5,402).

(Walls) made 47 sacks in 82 regular season games with the club, which puts him in a tie for fourth all-time in team history alongside Elfrid Payton and behind only Tyrone Jones (98), Tony Norman (59), and Doug Brown (52).

33 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

There's a Hall of Famer.

The best at what he did, no matter where you lined him up. His was an incredible return threat.

Did it across multiple years.

Reid has the highest single game rushing in club history while Walls was CFL ROTY and both guy can be found on club top 10 lists with other very prominent names -  I have no problem with either guy in the Bombers HOF.  It's not like we're talking about the Ring of Honour or the CFL HOF - neither guy is at that level (IMO).

On 2022-07-06 at 3:37 PM, bigg jay said:

Reid has the highest single game rushing in club history while Walls was CFL ROTY and both guy can be found on club top 10 lists with other very prominent names -  I have no problem with either guy in the Bombers HOF.  It's not like we're talking about the Ring of Honour or the CFL HOF - neither guy is at that level (IMO).

Yep. If either had played a few more years at their average level they would’ve been roh quality.