My Tribute to the Winnipeg Blue Bomber 2021 Season

Nice work!! Really enjoyed your video. Well done. You may want to consider doing football highlight videos for senior high & junior football players looking to be recruited by college teams in the US & Canada & make a few bucks doing that.  Players are always looking for videographers to do quality work. As do teams at all levels doing videos just like this. 

Just something that crossed my mind.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

the only issue with that video is that the footage all belongs to TSN and can't be used, and the song you used as your bed... technically needs to have royalties paid on it every time it gets played. So, I'm not sure how long YT will allow the video to stand....

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

the only issue with that video is that the footage all belongs to TSN and can't be used, and the song you used as your bed... technically needs to have royalties paid on it every time it gets played. So, I'm not sure how long YT will allow the video to stand....

You're right that TSN does own the rights to the video clips and therefor could tell YouTube to delete the video. I had no other source of Bomber highlights to make the video with and if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do about that. This is just a new hobby I started to pass the time while stuck inside in the early part of the pandemic, and I made this over the winter for fun, not profit.

As for the music, YouTube now has arrangements made with most musicians regarding use of their songs for amateur videos like this. The song, the artist, and copyright holder are electronically detected upon uploading the video to YouTube. In this case, The Weeknd has given permission for use of this song, and this is info is shown on the copyright page prior to publishing. So there's no issue with the music. YouTube viewers who do not use the paid version will see an ad for The Weekend's song with a link to purchase it.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nice work!! Really enjoyed your video. Well done. You may want to consider doing football highlight videos for senior high & junior football players looking to be recruited by college teams in the US & Canada & make a few bucks doing that.  Players are always looking for videographers to do quality work. As do teams at all levels doing videos just like this. 

Just something that crossed my mind.

Thanks very much! It hadn't even occurred to me to make highlight videos for players the purpose you mentioned. I could always use some extra $ so I think I'll look into that. I appreciate the suggestion!

Just now, Starman115 said:

You're right that TSN does own the rights to the video clips and therefor could tell YouTube to delete the video. I had no other source of Bomber highlights to make the video with and if they don't like it, there's nothing I can do about that. This is just a new hobby I started to pass the time while stuck inside in the early part of the pandemic, and I made this over the winter for fun, not profit.

As for the music, YouTube now has arrangements made with most musicians regarding use of their songs for amateur videos like this. The song, the artist, and copyright holder are electronically detected upon uploading the video to YouTube. In this case, The Weeknd has given permission for use of this song, and this is info is shown on the copyright page prior to publishing. So there's no issue with the music. YouTube viewers who do not use the paid version will see an ad for The Weekend's song with a link to purchase it.

You did a fine job. I would be pretty proud if this was my work.