2022 NHL Playoffs

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

With no salary cap it was the beginning of the spend more then the other guy to win Cup. That lasted for 10 years and another 5 to recover. 

Leafs spent oodles of money too. Lots of teams did. No cap, no issue. 

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Toughest game to close out is the fourth win...we will see. This series has been the best by far to watch i hope it goes to 7....

Edited by bb1

Pretty sure the girls are "plants" from a business (possibly the bar called Cowboys, in Calgary) but either way, in this day and age, nobody.. Especially men.... Gets to judge women for how they dress and where they sit and how they enjoy the game. If they're having fun, all the power to them! 

9 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That is a terrible non-goal call in my mind. 

I agree... I wonder if this will be enough for the NHL to change the rule from the ridiculously vague "distinct kicking motion" to the much more logical "skate on ice"... the whole point of the rule is to protect players from skates being flung around in high danger areas... skates stays on the ice, goal is good... skate is lifted, no goal.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

While not a distinct kicking motion, I really felt he tried to direct that puck in with his skate. 

agreed... and as long as his skate stays on the ice... there's no danger to any other players... thus it should be a good goal if they changed to "skate on ice" rule

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

While not a distinct kicking motion, I really felt he tried to direct that puck in with his skate. 

Which is totally legal and is the problem with the rule. A player can angle his skate to deliberately deflect a puck into the net and the goal will stand, but it is the “deliberate kicking motion” that makes it illegal. And so again a judgement from the officials as to what is distinct kicking motion. If they really want to clean up the rule, make it all or nothing - a goal must go in only from a stick or deflected off an opposition player, or allow any goal off of any body part to count. 

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought it was the right call, but I've hated that rule for a while now. What does it matter if a puck goes in off a skate?

Hockey equivalent of a soccer fan saying what does it matter if the ball goes in off a hand?

Go back to the 80s where it’s illegal if it goes off a skate period. 

The NHL has a made of mess of it's rules.  Distinct kicking motion and let's not forget the "intent" to blow the whistle, not when the whistle blows.   We don't know Coleman's true intent on the disallowed goal, but it likely goes in if he doesn't touch it.  

At any rate, Markstrom was garbage this series, and really their season should not have come down to that.   I was hoping for a 7 game series and this was highly entertaining hockey.  It's nice to see a Canadian team (even if it is the Oilers) make the conference final.   

I dream one day to see an all Canadian cup final.