2022 NHL Playoffs

Up 4 2 with 11 minutes left.  The fans start the wave. Jinxed them. Oilers got some interesting decisions to make and the biggest one isn't goaltending. It's how do you sign Evander with very little cap space and do you sign him or do you fix goaltending.  I don't think they can do both. 

Edited by Goalie

What a chokejob

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Up 4 2 with 11 minutes left.  The fans start the wave. Jinxed them. Oilers got some interesting decisions to make and the biggest one isn't goaltending. It's how do you sign Evander with very little cap space and do you sign him or do you fix goaltending.  I don't think they can do both. 

well I think the Jets fans now have new taunt material for when the Oilers are in town they just do the wave

26 minutes ago, iHeart said:

What a chokejob

well I think the Jets fans now have new taunt material for when the Oilers are in town they just do the wave

Yeah cause Jets fans really have the high ground to chirp from when these headlines are all from the last few months of the season - you know the season in which the team could not even qualify for the playoffs, let alone make it to the conference finals. 🙄

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/jets-blow-big-lead-against-league-leading-avalanche

https://globalnews.ca/news/8726937/jets-blow-early-two-goal-lead-in-7-3-loss-in-toronto/

https://gameonhockey.ca/2022/04/22/finding-new-ways-to-lose-jets-collapse-after-hot-start/

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The higher seeded team swept the lower seeded one. How is that a "chokejob?"

Avs are 12 wins 2 losses through 3 rounds. Certainly not a choke. 

Avs also had 15 more points than Edmonton in the regular season.  That's insane. Colorado was the western favorite all year 

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I think that's for the game, not the series.  I guess giving up a two goal lead twice could be considered a choke but that's pretty marginal... a 2 goal deficit is not insurmountable by any means.  Colorado themselves blew a 2 goal lead and saw a 4 goal lead cut to one, in the 1st game of the series.

Edmonton still is Mcdrai tho. 

Colorado is kind of stacked lines 1 to 4 and those D pairs are Strong AF. Not just Makar. 

Mack is on the scheif contract really right now. Sure helps to build the TEAM around you. Colorado is just on another level  

Helle for Draisaitl? ;)

Edited by Goalie

41 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Oilers were leading a good chunk of the game and they blew it in the tail end of the 3rd period

Edited by iHeart

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

It's now been confirmed.  He played the entire playoffs with a torn hip flexor.

So all this tells me is coach thinks Nurse puts the team in a better position to be successful with torn hip flexor than press box guy that doesn't have a torn hip flexor.

I get that these guys are competitors and want to be out there with the guys battling (my son is exactly the same) but I'm not sure how this fits with team first that's always preached. Or Coach thinks his depth sucks royally. 

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

The Oilers were leading a good chunk of the game and they blew it in the tail end of the 3rd period

Did you actually watch the game.  The AV's were leading the nearly entire first half of the game thanks to an early goal from Makar... the Oilers didn't take the lead until the end of the 2nd period.  

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Did you actually watch the game.  The AV's were leading the nearly entire first half of the game thanks to an early goal from Makar... the Oilers didn't take the lead until the end of the 2nd period.  

You're gonna learn yet why the Mute button on this site is so handy......

6 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Long since muted but every so often I check to see what was said.  This is a fresh wound so I'm a bit wound up!  🤣

good good...and yes, I feel you. I'm just thankful it's football season...I can move on relatively quickly. Ha ha.