Three-peat Kickoff Countdown

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Every year at this time, I re-read Bob Irving's book about the 75th anniversary of the Bombers, going back over the history of the team. The pictures from that Canada Packers/Osborne Stadium era are pretty crazy for sure...

I might have to crack that open soon..

Just now, Jesse said:

I might have to crack that open soon..

It's super old now (2005) but I have it in my "Must Have" (along with the Bombers Traditions dvd) for real hardcore fans. I have a few CFL books that I read annually, and that's one of 'em. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Every year at this time, I re-read Bob Irving's book about the 75th anniversary of the Bombers, going back over the history of the team. The pictures from that Canada Packers/Osborne Stadium era are pretty crazy for sure...

The pictures with the Leg in the background are awesome. When I'm sitting in traffic between the Leg and the Canada Life buildings, I try to imagine what it would be like having a modern stadium on that property. That whole area would be very different. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's super old now (2005) but I have it in my "Must Have" (along with the Bombers Traditions dvd) for real hardcore fans. I have a few CFL books that I read annually, and that's one of 'em. 

It's on my shelf, you just reminded me I haven't read it in quite a while.

With all the labour disputes, I need something to pump me up again. Game tonight, maybe start to read the book tomorrow...

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Are you able to post one or two pics? especially if any from the Packers.