OT

Floyd

Jarvis jones is a monster - dominant against a very good DE. I would put January back at RT when he is healthy

Knapp having a tough 2nd half, odell figured him out... Having a rough go yet still a lot better than anyone since douglas.

Pencer getting tired now, not ready for tackle but guard for rest of season

Yeah, I thought those guys did fairly well. Hope to God we've seen the last of Boatman and Morley.

With no experience they were far better than what we've used previously. Even if they were beat at least they got a piece of someone. None of this Boatman just lets them run past untouched nonsense. 

Hall did have time in the 2nd quarter and somewhat in the 3rd.....  he had time to throw ... just couldnt' do it 

To me it looked like the Esks made adjustments to our scheme after the first quarter. I guess it takes more than four weeks to rebuild a playbook....

What gets me about the play calling is when we get down to little time left, the calls are to run the running back into the middle even though we haven't been able to do that all game. With Ford he has so much speed to the outside, run him there, takes more time off the clock and he has a chance to bust one for good yards. 

It's football it isn't rocket science, the cure for cancer or an egg soufflé . The comment had already been made about running Ford to the wide side as an option. That play was clearly available. So lets not blame a play book especially given you bring two tackles in and prep them in 4 days.

It's football it isn't rocket science, the cure for cancer or an egg soufflé . The comment had already been made about running Ford to the wide side as an option. That play was clearly available. So lets not blame a play book especially given you bring two tackles in and prep them in 4 days.

No, it isn't rocket science. Which why the opposition just might make some adjustments to what you're doing.

And using OT's that have only been here few days means you have to go with a simpler playbook.

Hall did have time in the 2nd quarter and somewhat in the 3rd.....  he had time to throw ... just couldnt' do it 

To me it looked like the Esks made adjustments to our scheme after the first quarter. I guess it takes more than four weeks to rebuild a playbook....

That's working under the assumption that Bellefeuille is actually a quality offensive coordinator, he isn't one either. 

What gets me about the play calling is when we get down to little time left, the calls are to run the running back into the middle even though we haven't been able to do that all game. With Ford he has so much speed to the outside, run him there, takes more time off the clock and he has a chance to bust one for good yards. 

Most run plays aren't designed to go to a certain gap, it's zone blocking so Ford is reading the blocking and defense.  IMO Ford is actually better than Simpson at running zone.  Those misdirection plays worked well because they sucked the contain man in and Ford could get around the edge.  If Ford reads the WIL and rush end taking an outside leverage, he's going to hit it inside and try to make a cut.   Read option didn't work at all because Hall isn't quick enough to beat contain even if the contain man takes a step inside. 

The worst play call of the game was Goltz QB Draw.  Everyone knows that is coming.  If there isn't trust in his ability to make a throw, don't put him on the field.

That's working under the assumption that Bellefeuille is actually a quality offensive coordinator, he isn't one either. 

He's better than what we had. If he's not using Crowton's stuff, then there's no way the O can be very deep right now.

There are six games left and we are fooling ourselves if we think we have a chance at the playoffs. Why not just limp home and then do it right. The last three HC's were rookies with no proven record and we got what we paid for. I would hope the Bombers would bite the bullet and get coaches that are proven even if it cost lots. Better than guys like Burke that are cheaper but give us nothing in return.

Bombers have good fans so they should make sure they keep them around.

He's better than what we had. If he's not using Crowton's stuff, then there's no way the O can be very deep right now.

He is better. Not long term please, but better.

That is, with Hall at QB.

We're running a better variety of plays (though limited).

Our O is putrid and limited, especially with two new starting tackles and a new guard. 

But c'mon, who would have possibly thought we'd be moving the ball as well as we did in the opening of the game?

First downs, rushing TD, passing TD and generally a CFL offence.

The difference between what Hall brought us and what Goltz has shown is like 1st and 3rd downs.

Hall may not be the long term answer, but he can stick around.

Goltz? Don't see how he can stick around in any capacity.

I'd like to see what we have in Boltus and especially Brown.

We ain't got no more time for this year...let's see what we have in the pen.

He is better. Not long term please, but better.

That is, with Hall at QB.

We're running a better variety of plays (though limited).

Our O is putrid and limited, especially with two new starting tackles and a new guard. 

But c'mon, who would have possibly thought we'd be moving the ball as well as we did in the opening of the game?

First downs, rushing TD, passing TD and generally a CFL offence.

The difference between what Hall brought us and what Goltz has shown is like 1st and 3rd downs.

Hall may not be the long term answer, but he can stick around.

Goltz? Don't see how he can stick around in any capacity.

I'd like to see what we have in Boltus and especially Brown.

We ain't got no more time for this year...let's see what we have in the pen.

Is Hall doing any better than Elliott did last season? Seems to me that Halls big problem is that he can turn the ball over more than you like to see... We actually did move the ball pretty well in some games last season with Crowton and Elliott. I just don't see Bellefeuille as being any better. I understand that they had to fire Crowton, but expecting bellefool to fix things, sorry but that's not very inspiring. Then to hear Burke talk about him like he's some kind of guru... get ******.