Champs vs Argos

Nolby

We're hurting physically ,but you wouldn't know it ,by the way we have guys that are filling in admirably....This little Nichols guy surprised ....he's a real gamer...Didn't like the first penalty he took on Rogers but after that he was solid....Big game from the D line...Briggs especially ....pressure when it counted and pretty much stuffed Bethel (or is it Ethel)...Good game from Lawler and Bailey and Zack....still working his magic...McKnight caught a couple of tough ones in traffic but otherwise wasn't that noticeable...We're going to have to be sharper if they start Arbuckle next game....otherwise we should repeat...This club is coming together and looking like we finished up in 19'...Great game

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not sure if just the TV but it appeared to me that lots of Argonaut O players were walking off the field every series banged up or feeling the effects of a very hard hitting Bomber D. 

The Bomber secondary is crazy physical. Only one guy the last two weeks have had trouble tackling. Otherwise the hit hard and smart and when they can't they wrap a guy and the next db blasts em. 

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

We're hurting physically ,but you wouldn't know it ,by the way we have guys that are filling in admirably....This little Nichols guy surprised ....he's a real gamer...Didn't like the first penalty he took on Rogers but after that he was solid....Big game from the D line...Briggs especially ....pressure when it counted and pretty much stuffed Bethel (or is it Ethel)...Good game from Lawler and Bailey and Zack....still working his magic...McKnight caught a couple of tough ones in traffic but otherwise wasn't that noticeable...We're going to have to be sharper if they start Arbuckle next game....otherwise we should repeat...This club is coming together and looking like we finished up in 19'...Great game

I would love for us to roll out next week with Rocquemore stove Darby and kyrie and show the league what our d does healthy. 

I'd also love for Adam's to be healthy soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally home and had a chance to watch the game. Bombers O came out Flat with a capital F in the first. They had no business even playing in this game. The D overall played well enough to win this so no issues there. The things that really stood out was the amount of field position we were giving up on kick offs and punts. The Argos were starting between their 30-50 (or better) every drive. 
The DPI against Daniels late in the second that would have been an interception was a bit weak. Daniels should be a soccer player after that performance. This then leads to a late TO TD (which always burns me giving up those late TDs before half). 
The hit on Daniels for me was again questionable. He didn’t lead with his helmet and was making a tackle. I do think he should have played the ball and not gone for the hit but I didn’t think the hit was clean. 

In the end special teams and offence cost us this one. It’s been said that 2 of 3 need to play well to get you the win. 

Not too worried about the loss. TO has a good team and I am glad we are done playing them. Fix the slow start and the hiccups on special teams and we should take Calgary on Sunday. 

was flat all around...it happens...playing in that crud environment prob doesn't help either. 

U have to factor in 1..maaaybee 2 games a yr where u throw out a dud...lets hope thats ours.

Fact of the matter we look good...and disciplined and will gel even more (like other teams) and hit our stride.

Throw in a healthy Wilson, Rocquemore, Stove, Adams, Harris, Jefferson (who's playing nicked) Darby, J.Johnson, Grant....and we are flying. Name a team right now dealing with that wealth of talent on the sidelines. 

I tho, would hope Oshea sees that Nelson needs to take a seat for a bit, Try out that Devonte Williams as a returner, as well as work him in on offence...he's a total unknown and could cause issues for teams right outta the gate, as well as rotate and work in Augustine with Oliveira...let him see stuff from the sidelines in game when Johnny is luging the rock.

Also give Leggs the vote of confidence as the only kicker on roster, and use that other spot for whomever..Geoff Gray..Oleary Orange...

Sometimes Oshea's roster management is baffling and even questionable...my only fault with him