CFL Week 1 Games (Non-Bombers) Thread

M.O.A.B.

Hughes with a roughing the qb after about 75 off side penalties 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What's going on with the stats? I heard Shane Ray was "unblockable" but it shows zero szcks against a mediocre at best line with a stationary QB

Hes raw af. Tremendous talent but he isn't ready to start. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hughes with a roughing the qb after about 75 off side penalties 

Hes raw af. Tremendous talent but he isn't ready to start. 

He has been invisible? Also he isn't that young he is 28. He should he more ready than raw. Line play is not so different between here and there. 

Shawn Oakman is only in pro football because he is 6'9 

Edited by Geebrr

Just now, wbbfan said:

Usually. But some times rush ends need a bit of time too. I don't wanna say he isn't coachable but when a first round pick with his athletic ability Is in the cfl in their 20s some thing is wrong. 

Agreed!

If Matt Nichols was throwing into double coverage as much as Mitchell is people would be furious 

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Agreed!

If Matt Nichols was throwing into double coverage as much as Mitchell is people would be furious 

Lol yeah. But he's always been a guy who would throw it up and give his guys a chance to make a play. And they have a core who are good at that. He's also been pretty on point with those passes. You get away with it by excelling at it like Reilly. I don't think we've had that since Khari. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

On that drive he kept rushing inside and just getting walled off pretty easy. Showed the same inside spin move 3 times. It was pretty meh. Doesn't show a high motor. Play passes him and he jogs. 

He doesn't  bring much. Like Lemon minus the sacks 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Lol yeah. But he's always been a guy who would throw it up and give his guys a chance to make a play. And they have a core who are good at that. He's also been pretty on point with those passes. You get away with it by excelling at it like Reilly. I don't think we've had that since Khari. 

True. His arm looks off to me though 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Casey Sayles is more impressive and doesn't quit on the play   

Casey Sayles is going to be a player. He is a tank. 

Don't think the guy lasts long with his lack of effort out there. In my opinion you don't give up on plays until the whistle blows.. don't care if Play Is 20 yards down field.. you hustle and bust your ass to try to make that play. This guy gives up when it's 5 feet past him. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

He doesn't  bring much. Like Lemon minus the sacks 

True. His arm looks off to me though 

Soo far ya. I can see why they wouldn't give up on a guy like that. But for me an end has to have high motor in the cfl. Guys who gamble and go off side a lot like Hughes or who take plays off or who give up early aren't worth developing imo. 

He does look like some thing is off. He's missing spots that he hit last year.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Soo far ya. I can see why they wouldn't give up on a guy like that. But for me an end has to have high motor in the cfl. Guys who gamble and go off side a lot like Hughes or who take plays off or who give up early aren't worth developing imo. 

He does look like some thing is off. He's missing spots that he hit last year.

Agreed

They really don't you are right. White is ok but their line is bad. They have a good set of WRs but the rest is sub par.

Just now, Goalie said:

Anyone know why we don't play Ottawa this year. Yes shortened season but why Ottawa lol. No lapo or Nichols? Boo  

Saskatchewan is probably playing them 4 times