Round 2 - Game 2 : Montreal

Just now, captaincanuck12 said:

The League decide this series with the bullshit suspension on 55.  I see nothing from this team that says they can turn this around.  I think we're done folks.  Jets look like the tired team.   Which baffles me.

They probably expected to play Toronto so they have no plan against Montreal....lol

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I understand the disappointment, but the Jets lost by 1 goal, with a B squad lineup.  0-2 blows, but all is not lost.  That being said, is anyone a handyman that can come and patch up the holes I punched in my walls?

I know a guy who is on paid leave for another couple days, so he might be able to help. Had a bit of a tussle with a guy from a competing company, his heart meant well at the time, but it was just a really stupid decision on his part. Was pretty dangerous what he did too. Long-term it'll probably be bad for us, but hopefully if we really pull together as a team to stay competitive with this other company, we can keep things close with them and make a run of it.

His name is Mark Scheifele.

From a distance, one could say that the Jets lost a couple of games by one goal.  
Truth is....Jets have been a disorganized mess, from the get go.   Going nowhere like this..
Tonight Price had to put in like 2 minutes of work (on an 6 on 5)
Benn, Poolman, Forbert and Stanley in the lineup, together ....is not a formula for success.
Don't know if Wheeler has completed a pass yet....
PLD keeps his body "tucked in" no matter what he is doing.  Sport hernia or some groin thing.....
Only buttons Maurice is currently pushing....are the ones on his shirt
Looks like a bunch of player tryouts, out there.
One last chance to make a series out of this.....Game 3

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We lost 1-0 cant blame the D! Forbert had a pretty good game too.

Helly.  

Also, with this setup, you won't see Jets forwards zooming through the neutral zone on the rush.....Forbort and Benn are slow and slower, chip and run guys, Poolman is a better skater, but is like a car without a steering wheel, the steadiness and poise of Stanley, this year has somewhat evaporated, in this series.  

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hellebuyck was great and deserve better from the team in front of him. I am absolutely done with PLD, I think... 

me too. he was given a lot of chances and excuses, cant see what he's done.

Edited by Mark F

Dubois has been a disappointment up till now.....Would we be faring any better with Laine in the lineup??....I remember Patrik went missing when we were eliminated by Cal. last year....Which brings me to this little nugget from last year....Schief was put out of that series against the Flames last year by Tkachuk, on a dirty hit against the boards that left Mark writhing on the ice....Did he even get a penalty on the play (never mind suspension)...This league has lost a lot of credibility as far as I'm concerned...It seems it was okay to knock one of our stars out of the playoffs last year, on a very dangerous play to our players health and career....and the league did nada....Double standard that's for sure.............Anyway....I hope this team isn't crying in their beer because of a serious over-step by the league...Go out there and at least play like you want to win....give these buggers a run....I noticed we're not hitting at all like we did with the Oilers...At least we can give ol Mount Royal a little punishing before they head to the next round, so they can limp into the next series......I hate going out like a bunch of wooses

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Dubois has been a disappointment up till now.....Would we be faring any better with Laine in the lineup??....I remember Patrik went missing when we were eliminated by Cal. last year....Which brings me to this little nugget from last year....Schief was put out of that series against the Flames last year by Tkachuk, on a dirty hit against the boards that left Mark writhing on the ice....Did he even get a penalty on the play (never mind suspension)...This league has lost a lot of credibility as far as I'm concerned...It seems it was okay to knock one of our stars out of the playoffs last year, on a very dangerous play to our players health and career....and the league did nada....Double standard that's for sure.............Anyway....I hope this team isn't crying in their beer because of a serious over-step by the league...Go out there and at least play like you want to win....give these buggers a run....I noticed we're not hitting at all like we did with the Oilers...At least we can give ol Mount Royal a little punishing before they head to the next round, so they can limp into the next series......I hate going out like a bunch of wooses

Laine was missing because he like Scheifs was injured.  When they both went down that series was over.

Player safety is a complete joke.

I theorize that Dubois is playing injured.  You can see his range of motion is limited and when he tries to extend with the puck, he loses control.  I wouldnt write him off just yet though.  Kid has tonnes of potential.  Amazing what an off season and proper training camp might do for a player.

2 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Laine was missing because he like Scheifs was injured.  When they both went down that series was over.

Player safety is a complete joke.

I theorize that Dubois is playing injured.  You can see his range of motion is limited and when he tries to extend with the puck, he loses control.  I wouldnt write him off just yet though.  Kid has tonnes of potential.  Amazing what an off season and proper training camp might do for a player.

What doesn't need to be reformed these days?

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater, we need to consider the following:

PLD gets traded from a D orientated team, to one coached by Maurice (who may never solve the central zone box, in our lifetime)
He has to sit out 2 week quarantine, then promptly gets a concussion.
He is also in the PM line blender, while going through this.

Does not look too bad, scores some big goals......then he appeared to tweek something, during the 2 game blowout series with Leafs.
Since then we see flashes, but mostly a guy who is now far less physical out there and puck handling becomes shaky
He does not completely extend himself even in the act of hitting , or bend his upper body ever slightly.  Shots are now muffins.
Some zoom shots of him, clearly shows "cupping marks" all over his neck.   He is getting treated for something...

My bet. Sports hernia, groin pull or something -that is not going to improve the rest of this year.
22 years old, with a mess of physical tools.   But ya, bag his ass.

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

My bet. Sports hernia, groin pull or something -that is not going to improve the rest of this year.
22 years old, with a mess of physical tools.   But ya, bag his ass.

If the guy is operating at 60 percent because of injury....then yeah he has an excuse...I would question the viability of leaving him in the lineup....It's not on Dubois anyway with regard to our effort in this series so far....It's our piss poor play..................cept for Helle

Edited by Stickem
spelling

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

If the guy is operating at 60 percent because of injury....then yeah he has an excuse...I would question the viability of leaving him in the lineup....It's not on Dubois anyway with regard to our effort in this series so far....It's our piss poor play..................cept for Helle

Wheeler played most of the year with cracked ribs.......it's what we do around here, it seems....