The RIP 2021 Thread

tacklewasher

On 2021-07-28 at 7:37 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

My Mom had this when I was growing up. But it wasn't called the Chop O Matic. It was called the Veg-A-Matic. It was great. No idea why you still can't buy this anymore. It was a wonderful invention.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

FSU national championship coach. 
As a coach with West Virginia, helped save their rival Marshall’s football program after a place crash wiped out the team by sharing his team’s playbook with the new coaching staff. Took a number of fishing trips to Northern Manitoba  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/sport/bobby-bowden-death/index.html

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

FSU national championship coach. 
As a coach with West Virginia, helped save their rival Marshall’s football program after a place crash wiped out the team by sharing his team’s playbook with the new coaching staff. Took a number of fishing trips to Northern Manitoba  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/08/sport/bobby-bowden-death/index.html

Always found it macabre that with a team dying in an accident the best way to deal with it is to immediately rebuild the team.

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Always found it macabre that with a team dying in an accident the best way to deal with it is to immediately rebuild the team.

Watch the movie. It wasn't immediate and that town where Marshall played needed that team back. They were grieving hard like more so than normal. That plane crash not only killed their sons and friends it almost killed their town. 

On 2021-08-09 at 9:31 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well ob since they played 6 months later.

Well I would again suggest it was needed for the healing of the town, the remaining players and of those lost. 

Often times the best way to heal from any tragedy is to memorialize, remember and then get on with your new normal. 

Much the way I feel about Covid, although my 36!hrs in AB was often much too “peopley”

I remember going to a rental place on Ellice and Carlton (Global rental? I think) and they had the best collection of asian action films and I picked up "Street Fighter" thinking it had something to with the game... but was pleasantly surprised with Sonny Chiba- I rememebr watching the entire collection in a weekend...

RIP SOnny: