Random Jets News

57 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

McIntyre is a scrub. Scheifs play has been getting worse for 3 years now. 

Interesting tho that true North didn't kibosh this piece tho. They seem to have some pull with the local enquirers.  Perhaps getting the locals ready for a trade of 55 at the draft 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

McIntyre is a scrub. Scheifs play has been getting worse for 3 years now. 

Interesting tho that true North didn't kibosh this piece tho. They seem to have some pull with the local enquirers.  Perhaps getting the locals ready for a trade of 55 at the draft 

Mike is 100 percent bang on. And I dont often agree with him. 55 needs to pull his head outta his ying yang ,or go get laid or something. Anything that would help.

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

Yeah i would take Carlyle but i think he may be too strict for today's soft athlete. But imo Lowry is gone, we need a fresh new direction maybe even a New Gm as well? I think Chevy has done as well as any GM could do in our market though we really missed that one chance to go all the way. Small market teams have so little time and it's getting worse for us to compete..the NMC for these world class whiners is killing the small teams...

57 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yeah i would take Carlyle but i think he may be too strict for today's soft athlete. But imo Lowry is gone, we need a fresh new direction maybe even a New Gm as well? I think Chevy has done as well as any GM could do in our market though we really missed that one chance to go all the way. Small market teams have so little time and it's getting worse for us to compete..the NMC for these world class whiners is killing the small teams...

well at least they didn't suggest Torts, wouldn't he be worse?

3 hours ago, bb1 said:

With the Jets spending to the cap these last few years since they've put this core together, curious where you see the difficulty for the Jets as a small market?

• Is it spending outside of player salaries? (ie. coaching, scouting, GM)
  • Attracting free agents?
  • Something else?

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

With the Jets spending to the cap these last few years since they've put this core together, curious where you see the difficulty for the Jets as a small market?

• Is it spending outside of player salaries? (ie. coaching, scouting, GM)
  • Attracting free agents?
  • Something else?

Attracting free agents and having to pay a premium or longer term ( see Wheeler,Little.) To keep then here. When you see a player with a NMC i am unfortunately sure Winnipeg is at the top....

The Brooks-go-round continues. Adam Brooks has now been claimed by the Winnipeg Jets off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs, following Cole Perfetti’s injury last night. The Jets, who are ahead of the Maple Leafs in the waiver order, would have had to pass on him just a day prior when the forward was claimed from the Golden Knights. This is the fourth time Brooks has been claimed this season and he still cannot be assigned to the minor leagues.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/02/winnipeg-jets-claim-adam-brooks.html

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2022-02-03 at 11:41 AM, Piggy 1 said:

Mike is 100 percent bang on. And I dont often agree with him. 55 needs to pull his head outta his ying yang ,or go get laid or something. Anything that would help.

To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he’s not at the health level he needs to be at ie long haul Covid effects? Who knows.