2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

streveller time!

That may have been the worst first half of football for the Arizona Cardinals under Kliff Kingsbury. They finished with 82 yards -- tied for the third lowest in the first half in the Kingsbury era -- and a time of possession of 7:18, the lowest since Kingsbury took over in 2019. Kyler Murray was 3-for-12 passing for 73 yards and a touchdown. Arizona had 62 yards of offense before its final drive.

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Browns put up 38 pts. in the 1st half against the Titans in Tennessee, while the Skols are having problems with a team that has lost their last 10

the skols😊

thy are not good.

I don't know why anyone would debate about what Kingsbury's feelings about Streveler are? He chose him as his number 2. That was never the debate in this thread. The debate was whether the Cards would be better off building a package for Streveler and whether or not Streveler would crap the bed when he gets his chance eventually. The answer to the first is an obvious NO because of Kyler Murray being better than even Streveler at running the ball, and the answer to the 2nd is we won't know until he's behind centre.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I don't know why anyone would debate about what Kingsbury's feelings about Streveler are? He chose him as his number 2. That was never the debate in this thread. The debate was whether the Cards would be better off building a package for Streveler and whether or not Streveler would crap the bed when he gets his chance eventually. The answer to the first is an obvious NO because of Kyler Murray being better than even Streveler at running the ball, and the answer to the 2nd is we won't know until he's behind centre.

The debate about his feelings started with me saying, Kingsbury saying nice things about Streveler isn't proof that Streveler is some amazing talent. It was just a coach being a coach. Obviously he thinks he's good, he's his #2. But also....of course he is gonna say good things about him to the media, he's a head coach.

general feel,of comments at niners forum game thread

"Surprised the score isn’t worse but no chance we comeback. Mullens is due to make a stupid throw/turnover. Defense has generally kept us in games this year but we have no answer for their passing attack"

pittsburgh fifty three passing attempts, what the hell.

Edited by Mark F

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

general feel,of comments at niners forum game thread

"Surprised the score isn’t worse but no chance we comeback. Mullens is due to make a stupid throw/turnover. Defense has generally kept us in games this year but we have no answer for their passing attack"

It's amazing that they are at almost .500 based on how many and how all of their best players have been hurt this year.   Complete write off season and I wonder if next year they bring in a new QB?  

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

72 Dolphins team pop the champagne tonight

Not many of those guys left. 

52 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's amazing that they are at almost .500 based on how many and how all of their best players have been hurt this year.   Complete write off season and I wonder if next year they bring in a new QB?  

Who? 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Dak Prescott

Phillip Rivers

Cam Newton (yuck)

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Carson Wentz

Jameis Winston

I guess it depends on the direction they want to go.... stop gap for a few years...  will they draft someone... stick with Jimmy?

None of those guys could help the Niners. They might as well stay with Garrapolo. Prescott is never leaving Dallas. Jerry Jones loves him as a player.

Jimmy is not a good QB. I would think that the 49ers will be in the market for someone this offseason. The list of availables is not great, but there should be some unexpected QB movement where they might get something or draft well. If I were a betting man, I would wager that if the 9ers move on that the front runner to replace him would be Kirk Cousins. A guy that Shanahan really likes from his Washington days.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Jimmy is not a good QB. I would think that the 49ers will be in the market for someone this offseason. The list of availables is not great, but there should be some unexpected QB movement where they might get something or draft well. If I were a betting man, I would wager that if the 9ers move on that the front runner to replace him would be Kirk Cousins. A guy that Shanahan really likes from his Washington days.

The Niners shifted their offence last year to a massively run heavy game plan simply to, in the words of reporters who followed the team and talked to the coaching staff, “keep Garoppolo from costing us the game with a bad pick”. Not sure if that is completely accurate, but he is not well regarded it seems despite a gaudy won-lost record overall. Having said that, Kirk Cousins is the most overpaid QB in the game today, and would be a big downgrade. He is Jimmy without the winning percentage. 

On 2020-12-07 at 10:21 AM, bustamente said:

One of the worst calls ever by a DC yesterday got him canned today and it looks good on him 

The Jets firing Williams might be the most laughable coaching move to happen in the NFL this year... I'm sure he's the reason this **** hole team is 0-12... he tried something different and it failed miserably.... it was a stupid play call but at least he's trying something different... they did him a favour by getting him out of there while the rest of the coaching staff still has to stick around for 5 more weeks before getting their pink slips... 

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

Short term Rivers is definitely an improvement over Jimmy.  

He's old & super expensive. I don't see him making much of a difference with Indy. 

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

The Jets firing Williams might be the most laughable coaching move to happen in the NFL this year... I'm sure he's the reason this **** hole team is 0-12... he tried something different and it failed miserably.... it was a stupid play call but at least he's trying something different... they did him a favour by getting him out of there while the rest of the coaching staff still has to stick around for 5 more weeks before getting their pink slips... 

Greg Williams helped preserve the Trevor Lawrence pick who may be another Peyton Manning. NY Jet fans should build statues of Williams in thanks.

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that if the 9ers move on that the front runner to replace him would be Kirk Cousins. A guy that Shanahan really likes from his Washington days.

how about Brady?

return home for final season. with a good coach, great team, lots of weapons.

Any coach who is a god coach and doesnt want to lose his room is always going to say positive things about his players....starters and the bench guys...Thats why Kingsbury says what he does.

Strev tho is in the same boat as many other CFL stars who go down to try their luck, and the politics and optics of the NFL cripple all of them..well 98 percent of them, They will always play behind the higher draft picks (even if they are better) the established players, and for the most part most free agents...thats how the NFL works and is the meat grinder it is, and it will never change. Ask any player who has played in both leagues, and they will tell u the level of play is equal, the talent just as good...it's just what it is..NFL is a money making machine, and if a high draft pick with big cash in him is a useless turd...he gonna play before a CFL free agent, and in most cases unheralded un-drafted free agents

Murray has in games looked brutal, but has stayed in..there is a reason for that, and guys like Strev will suffer for it...he will be bounced around on a PR or as a backup for 2..3..4 years if he wants to, but from what I know of the guy, and what i have heard he will say screw it...especially if he gets 2 years of active roster money and will be heading back here where he will be able to compete, and build on his legend...guys a player and a workhorse and wont be wanting to erode away with 3-5 reps a season...he like a bull chomping at the bit and this new life will tire him quickly....count on it

Bank his close to 2 million he will make over next 2 years and come have a 6-7 year career in Canada at 400..500k..and be the darling of a city...thats a no brainer

Especially too, if the Cards sign a vet journey man this winter, or another high draft pick...he's out, and at best if another team sniffs he will be PR material, or a back up who never gets in...he wont go for that