2020-21 NFL Discussion Thread

SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Much, much worse. GM and coach took an average team and made them horrible. Horrible. 

GM got fired too, yup Patricia never had a winning season, I guess being fat and having a pencil behind your ear doesn't make you good coach

Edited by bustamente

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

GM got fired too, yup Patricia never had a winning season, I guess being fat and having a pencil behind your ear doesn't make you good coach

But he was supposed to be a defense guy. He took the 15th rank defense and made them worse every year. He finally took over the d coordinating duties, got all his own players, and made them even worse. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

That Belichick coaching tree looks pretty weak with Patricia, Crennell, Weiss, Mangini, O'Brien and McDaniels.

Belichick looks pretty bad without Brady too. Brady looks bad with Belichick. They complete each other. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

But he was supposed to be a defense guy. He took the 15th rank defense and made them worse every year. He finally took over the d coordinating duties, got all his own players, and made them even worse. 

Belichick looks pretty bad without Brady too. Brady looks bad with Belichick. They complete each other. 

Brady looks fine actually, really good for 43.  25 touchdowns and 9 INT, and having Tampa relevant for the first time in over 15 years. He has started to slow down a bit and that was apparent last season, you put a 33 year old Brady, heck even a 40 year old Brady in Tampa and they’re likely undefeated at this point he has started to slow down a bit and that was apparent last season. 

8 hours ago, JCon said:

Much, much worse. GM and coach took an average team and made them horrible. Horrible. 

How much longer will Doug Peterson last in Philly? Is carson Wentz trade bait. I just can't see Wentz & Peterson in Philly next year. For some reason, Peterson is loathe to play hurts. Wentz keeps blowing games & continues to start.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

How much longer will Doug Peterson last in Philly? Is carson Wentz reade bait. I just can't see Wentz & peterson in Philly next year. For some reason, Peterson is loathe to play hurts. Wentz keeps blowing games & continues to start.

At least Philly won the SB. Yeah, they went with Wentz and, before he got injured, he looked like a gem. I bet either QB would have won the  SB that year. Doesn't look great now, letting Foles go, but letting Wentz go would have looked worse at the time. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

At least Philly won the SB. Yeah, they went with Wentz and, before he got injured, he looked like a gem. I bet either QB would have won the  SB that year. Doesn't look great now, letting Foles go, but letting Wentz go would have looked worse at the time. 

The problem in Philly wasn't getting rid of Foles but not playing Hurts. It made no sense to keep a struggling Wentz in & not seeing what Hurts can do.

On 2020-11-27 at 3:18 PM, Bigblue204 said:

And if you were pittsburgh I'd tell you to shut the **** up, people are losing their jobs, business and life. You get to play a game a few days later. Cry me a river. On top of that, They might get to a play Griffin. 

The issue isn’t comparing football players to the real world. The issue is equity and consistency within the NFL itself. The Titans have a COVID outbreak, they get a pass until they can field a proper team at the expense of the Steelers bye week. The Niners team gets decimated due in part to COVID protocols, too bad you have to play as planned, put out your practice squad. Baltimore has a COVID outbreak, sure we can put off your match until your QB and other starters are cleared, who cares if we force the Steelers to lose another mini-bye and now make them play twice on 5 days. But hey Denver, you have no quarterbacks, but we can’t postpone your match, sucks to be you. Rules are completely inconsistent and are screwing some teams while giving others a competitive advantage. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Broncos asked the league if their game could be moved to Tuesday or if an assistant coach could suit up and play qb, league said no to both, NFL is also throwing around fines this weekend as New England gets a fine and the Saints get a fine and striped of a draft pick, Baltimore so far has escape any penalties

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The problem in Philly wasn't getting rid of Foles but not playing Hurts. It made no sense to keep a struggling Wentz in & not seeing what Hurts can do.

That and they dont run the ball enough. Sanders is averaging like 6 yards per carry yet they let Wentz, whos a turnover machine and has clearly been struggling all season, sit back and huck it 40 times per games, even in games that are close. Pederson's play calling is a joke.

12 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The issue isn’t comparing football players to the real world. The issue is equity and consistency within the NFL itself. The Titans have a COVID outbreak, they get a pass until they can field a proper team at the expense of the Steelers bye week. The Niners team gets decimated due in part to COVID protocols, too bad you have to play as planned, put out your practice squad. Baltimore has a COVID outbreak, sure we can put off your match until your QB and other starters are cleared, who cares if we force the Steelers to lose another mini-bye and now make them play twice on 5 days. But hey Denver, you have no quarterbacks, but we can’t postpone your match, sucks to be you. Rules are completely inconsistent and are screwing some teams while giving others a competitive advantage. 

Thats fair, I didn't realize there was so much inconsistencies