Covid-19

JCon

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

I am hearing it is all over the US news. I've had a couple of friends down there ask me what I thought of it.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

This ******* here, happened.

diasbled-reporter.gif?quality=75&strip=a

This is one of the most reprehensible acts I have ever seen by an adult, and as a so called leader of a country, it should have been enough to cancel his culture right at the beginning.

Vile man then, vile man still.

Pastor of California Megachurch That Defied Lockdown Order Dies of COVID-19

Jason Cairnduff/Reuters
A California pastor has died from COVID-19, five weeks after his megachurch reopened in defiance of the state’s ban on indoor religious services. Bob Bryant, a 58-year-old associate pastor at the Water of Life Community Church in San Bernardino County, contracted the virus in November and eventually suffered severe pneumonia in his lungs, the Los Angeles Times reports. San Bernardino is one of the hardest hit regions in a state struggling to contain a vicious winter wave of the virus. But the church nevertheless ignored a mid-July order banning indoor church services. Church officials insisted to the Times that Byrant didn’t come to church after he developed symptoms but they weren’t sure when the pastor was last in the church.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

This is one of the most reprehensible acts I have ever seen by an adult, and as a so called leader of a country, it should have been enough to cancel his culture right at the beginning.

Vile man then, vile man still.

More indicative of the people that voted him in and tried to re elect him, it's sad that so many think like him and act like him.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have a Premier who cares & he is at 32% approval while we have Kenney who doesn't care how many people die & is a ******* ideologue pandering like a coward to his base.  He's at 40% here in Alberta. How is that possible? 

Pallister waited way too long to care.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have a Premier who cares & he is at 32% approval while we have Kenney who doesn't care how many people die & is a ******* ideologue pandering like a coward to his base.  He's at 40% here in Alberta. How is that possible? 

People don’t like being told what they can and can’t do even if it is the right thing to do. 

It was quite apparent to me watching the modelling presentation today that we had strict restrictions with very poor public adherence. We are in the situation we are in because of the things the public did or didn’t do not because of what our leaders told us. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pallister waited way too long to care.

Think what you want of him as a person but that is BS. He has worn his heart on his sleeve and broken down several times since the spring. You may not like how he delivers his message but he’s doing everything he can because he cares. He’s not in this for money or praise but because he feels he can make Manitoba a better place. 

8 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

People don’t like being told what they can and can’t do even if it is the right thing to do. 

It was quite apparent to me watching the modelling presentation today that we had strict restrictions with very poor public adherence. We are in the situation we are in because of the things the public did or didn’t do not because of what our leaders told us. 

Think what you want of him as a person but that is BS. He has worn his heart on his sleeve and broken down several times since the spring. You may not like how he delivers his message but he’s doing everything he can because he cares. He’s not in this for money or praise but because he feels he can make Manitoba a better place. 

No question for me that Pallister was sincere in the anguish he displayed, but his core belief system is that Manitoba needs to be remade in a Tory image- hostile to unions and labour, regulated business and social infrastructure with deference to the rich and powerful.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

No question for me that Pallister was sincere in the anguish he displayed, but his core belief system is that Manitoba needs to be remade in a Tory image- hostile to unions and labour, regulated business and social infrastructure with deference to the rich and powerful.

Question his methods all you want, he may well be wrong. You just can’t question how much he cares for Manitoba. 

The NDP did a lot of damage to this province, Pallister likely went too far with some of his changes but a lot of what he did was recommended to the NDP but they were too chicken to do it. 

Nothing drives me crazier than people accusing him of cutting health care. How can it be cuts if he is spending more? Yes, he piloted a complete reorganization of the health care system but he didn’t make cuts. Changes are not cuts. 

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He waited till the ICU's were at 90%. He waited till the doctors and nurses wrote letters and that ain't BS.

That is patently false. Go back to the spring pressers. He openly wept on screen with the first death. He has felt this every step of the way. What he did was believe that Manitobans would to the right thing without being ordered too because it’s the right thing. Sadly he was wrong, Dr Roussin was wrong and this of us that believe in the best of humanity were wrong. 

Dr Roussin said ask much today, people are going to follow sever restrictions for a long time. Look at what is happening now, think about if they had ordered that in October where we would be now? Likely outright martial law to quell the hordes of idiots rebelling.

If people hadn’t have worked so hard to find ways around the rules their wouldn’t need to be so many rules. If people had followed the advice because it was the right thing to do we wouldn’t be here now. If we didn’t have media that were solely focused on trying to find fault with the response but instead spent some time reinforcing the message maybe more people would have done the right thing.

Pallister, Friesen and Roussin don’t wear our failure. All the people of Manitoba that didn’t listen to the advice and follow the spirit of the rules when they were looser are the ones responsible for the stage we are at now. 

Was spending money building visiting structures for PCH’s a mistake? Possibly but that’s what they get for listening to all the groups insisting they needed to visit their family. 

28 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

That is patently false. Go back to the spring pressers. He openly wept on screen with the first death. He has felt this every step of the way. What he did was believe that Manitobans would to the right thing without being ordered too because it’s the right thing. Sadly he was wrong, Dr Roussin was wrong and this of us that believe in the best of humanity were wrong. 

Dr Roussin said ask much today, people are going to follow sever restrictions for a long time. Look at what is happening now, think about if they had ordered that in October where we would be now? Likely outright martial law to quell the hordes of idiots rebelling.

If people hadn’t have worked so hard to find ways around the rules their wouldn’t need to be so many rules. If people had followed the advice because it was the right thing to do we wouldn’t be here now. If we didn’t have media that were solely focused on trying to find fault with the response but instead spent some time reinforcing the message maybe more people would have done the right thing.

Pallister, Friesen and Roussin don’t wear our failure. All the people of Manitoba that didn’t listen to the advice and follow the spirit of the rules when they were looser are the ones responsible for the stage we are at now. 

Was spending money building visiting structures for PCH’s a mistake? Possibly but that’s what they get for listening to all the groups insisting they needed to visit their family. 

This right out of the Tory playbook- blame the media when you screw up. There was no reason to believe that voluntary measures would stop the spread and there were lots of examples to prove the opposite. The Cons were afraid to alienate their base by clamping down like the Kiwis and Aussies did.

Jason kenney playbook for sure. That cowardly little weasel knows he's lost Edmonton & most of Calgary but he's afraid of alienating his alt right country base. Now he's "threatening" targeted restrictions for Calgary & Edmonton. Funny how that works. I say bring it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27