Covid-19

JCon

53 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Let's remember that not all of our US friends are covidiots. Some are isolating as best as they can.

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Let's remember that not all of our US friends are covidiots. Some are isolating as best as they can.

Absolutely. Many of my American friends that I talk to regularly had household only dinners, no one that I know when home or had kids coming home.

Many are disgusted and fearful of what they see around them.

On 2020-11-27 at 5:13 AM, GCJenks said:

Absolutely. Many of my American friends that I talk to regularly had household only dinners, no one that I know when home or had kids coming home.

Many are disgusted and fearful of what they see around them.

As they should be. When you get to 15% dissidents in a society, you have the potential for violent eruptions. Reagan, then GW Bush and now Trump have sown the seeds of discord and violence that will bear bitter fruit for decades to come. 

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

At least the numbers have stabilized for the moment in the mid-300's as opposed to the 500's we had recently. We have about 7-10 days before the surge we saw last week starts to show up in hositalizations and ICU beds.

Kim Jong Un Is Freaking Out So Much About COVID That He’s Executing People, Spies Say
Jamie Ross Reuters
Kim Jong Un is panicking so much about the coronavirus pandemic and its economic impact that he’s started executing people, according to South Korean spies. South Korean lawmakers spoke to reporters Friday after a briefing from the country’s National Intelligence Service. According to the Associated Press, one of those lawmakers, Ha Tae-keung, quoted the NIS as saying Kim is showing “excessive anger” and taking “irrational measures” over the raging pandemic. Those measures are said to include the executions of at least two officials—one who was held responsible for the falling exchange rate, and another who is said to have violated government rules stopping goods from being brought in from abroad. Kim is also said to have banned fishing and salt production, apparently in a scientifically dubious effort to prevent seawater from becoming infected.

Read it at Associated Press

Drug Pushed by Trump for COVID is Tied to Mental Disturbances

George Frey/Getty News
Research has already shown that hydroxychloroquine, the drug that President Trump touted as a COVID-19 cure, is ineffective against the coronavirus. Now regulators in Europe are warning that the anti-malarial and an associated chemical, chloroquine, have been tied to mental health disturbances in COVID patients who were given higher-than-normal doses. Spain documented six cases, including some in which suicidal behavior was reported.

(Obviously Trump has been on hydroxychloroquine)

54 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Whats this about again?

SCOTUS - By 5-4 votes (with Justice Barrett in the majority and the Chief dissenting) #SCOTUS has enjoined NY’s limits on in-person religious services pending appeals by Catholic and Jewish houses of worship. This opens up attacks on COVID restrictions...

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wonder what the pastor would say about this counterpoint opinion on religious freedom vs. “tyrannical edicts” from another religious figure - the Pope. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/opinion/pope-francis-covid.html#click=https://t.co/uT9CQoJ5OE

Well, obviously the Pope is not a real Christian.

Apparently the RCMP blocked entry to the church parking lot but it is uncertain if any tickets were handed out. In related news, the Living Springs church (run by a former used-car dealer who found that religion was waaay more profitable) had a parking lot service. Police were present but no reports of any intervention.