Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Is this vaccine from China? 
The China that Trump is continually putting down? 
It would be amaXIng if they share it with the US.

Developed by the University of Oxford with AstraZeneca (British/Swedish multinational).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-26/astra-oxford-vaccine-produces-immune-response-in-older-adults

@Mark H. We got a plan from our school last night that (hopefully) will meet the needs of remote learners and keep the kids 2 meters apart. It's everything they should have been doing since September but chose not to. But, at least, we have a plan and it's reasonable. 

They will start using the extra space like the gyms, the band rooms, the library to offer smaller class sizes, breaking up the classes into smaller groups. Resource teachers will provide instruction based on the teachers lesson plan, as classes will be split. We'll see how this goes. 

Gym will be outdoors. 

Music/band will be taught in-class and be theory based. No singing and no wind instruments. 

Remote learning will be offered to those that want it. The librarians will deliver the lesson plan with 2-3 and 3-4 hours per day of instruction, depending upon the grade level. This is a great idea. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

@Mark H. We got a plan from our school last night that (hopefully) will meet the needs of remote learners and keep the kids 2 meters apart. It's everything they should have been doing since September but chose not to. But, at least, we have a plan and it's reasonable. 

They will start using the extra space like the gyms, the band rooms, the library to offer smaller class sizes, breaking up the classes into smaller groups. Resource teachers will provide instruction based on the teachers lesson plan, as classes will be split. We'll see how this goes. 

Gym will be outdoors. 

Music/band will be taught in-class and be theory based. No singing and no wind instruments. 

Remote learning will be offered to those that want it. The librarians will deliver the lesson plan with 2-3 and 3-4 hours per day of instruction, depending upon the grade level. This is a great idea. 

That looks great.  I work in Lord Selkirk school division. Now that we have had an outbreak at the local Mc D, we will probably see schools impacted. 

Side note: I actually thought singing had not been permitted since day 1, so I find it interesting that it gets mentioned now.  We have been singing outdoors only, but now we can no longer do that. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

That looks great.  I work in Lord Selkirk school division. Now that we have had an outbreak at the local Mc D, we will probably see schools impacted. 

Side note: I actually thought singing had not been permitted since day 1, so I find it interesting that it gets mentioned now.  We have been singing outdoors only, but now we can no longer do that. 

That's what we were told but singing seems to be happening. My children are not in band yet but it blows my mind that they were still doing band, indoors. Lots of parents pulled their kids for that class and take them out of school. 

38 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

It all comes down to...what are we prepared to sacrifice, in order to keep essential services open?

Yeah, I am all for Lives over money.  I am solidly on team "Deficit spend to keep small businesses and furloughed employees in order to keep people safe and retain their livelihoods."

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Liquor Mart an essential service right?

If I were a betting man, I would bet that @do or die's gin habit agrees