Covid-19

JCon

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

A friend's mom was in the Maples nursing home and family was told this afternoon that she has been taken ill with COVID and is not expected to survive.  Soon, there will be many families touched by this plague. Pallister started off well in handling this, but the scope of the crisis has overwhelemed his and Freisen's abilities to cope. Their response so far is to attack concerned physicians- a bad move.

As others have said, they saw what happened in other provinces and....

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

So no getting cans of cherry coke for a long while then =\ 

At this point Amaretto coffee creamer can only be delivered by drone to Gretna. 

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

48% of the voters have said this will make no difference whatsoever.

Nutcases still make up 40% of the USA.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

Getting Joe Biden into the highest office will go a long way to America getting their **** together re:COVID. Having someone that listens to doctors can only help.... 

We're still two months away from that, unfortunately. 

But, Dems are putting the Covid stimulus bill back into play. Senate may be forced to vote for it or risk getting hurt at the polls in Georgia on January 5th. They won't like it but they won't want lose control. Stimulus cheques going out now to help those affected by the lockdowns and the hurting economy might win some votes. 

Of course, Trump may burn the whole party down as he exits the White House. I'm curious to see how that affects the January 5th runoff. Burn, baby, burn. 

Anyone expecting the GOP/Qanon/white supremacist bloc to pivot and throw their arms around Biden will be very disappointed. There is a bedrock of these miscreants and if Trump's conduct and that of his administration has not revulsed them over the past four years, it simply will not happen. If Biden and the Democrats spin their wheels trying to placate this  lot, they will betray the hopes of those who wanted someone/something better than Trump and doom themselves. The more things change, the more they remain the same, and cultures are very slow to change. Each generation of haters infects the suceeding generation. Biden and the Democrats would be far better served to aggressively pursue and agenda of healthcare, green energy and voter empowerment.

NEW Last updated: November 6, 2020

Public health officials advise five additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:

• A female in her 40’s from the Northern region;
  • A female in her 60’s from the Interlake Eastern region;
  • A male in his 90s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Manor;
  • A male in his 90’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria General Hospital; and
  • A female in her 90’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria General Hospital.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.1 per cent and 243 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. However, due to a data correction there is a total net new cases to 242 and the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 7,419.

The test positivity rate in Winnipeg is 9.2 per cent. Officials advise this number does not reflect the situation in other parts of the province, as cases continue to be identified outside Winnipeg.

Today’s data shows:

• 17 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • 23 cases in the Northern health region;
  • 15 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • 52 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
  • 136 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 4,286 active cases and 3,037 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 161 people in hospital with 20 people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 96.

Laboratory testing numbers show 2,212 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 275,342. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I still see another few weeks of high new cases and hopeful  by the last week of November the cases drop significantly and the hospital cases recover.

I'm curious what you're basing your optimism (cases go down in a few weeks) on? As far as I can understand, as long as people keep doing what they're doing, numbers will keep going up.... 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious what you're basing your optimism (cases go down in a few weeks) on? As far as I can understand, as long as people keep doing what they're doing, numbers will keep going up.... 

Just basing it on the new restrictions that were put forth at the beginning of the week, it's not a complete lockdown but I'm hopeful that it will be enough to lower the cases, if people follow the restrictions and are vigilant with masks, sanitizing and washing hands religiously and if they can get a handle on the care homes and hospitals then there is no reason that the next cycle of cases with be much less, well at least I hope so.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Just basing it on the new restrictions that were put forth at the beginning of the week, it's not a complete lockdown but I'm hopeful that it will be enough to lower the cases, if people follow the restrictions and are vigilant with masks, sanitizing and washing hands religiously and if they can get a handle on the care homes and hospitals then there is no reason that the next cycle of cases with be much less, well at least I hope so.

fair enough! From your keyboard to people's brains, please....

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm pleased nothing is happening with the schools. I'm still a bit anxious that they will move to remote only but not for Monday, it seems. 

My concern as well.  I think it sucks that kinds sports has been shut down.  From what I've heard, some of the newest cases have been due to adult rec leagues where people aren't really following the guidelines and/or going out for a beer after their games.  Crappy that the kids have to suffer because a bunch of adults are irresponsible.

It's tragic that so many deaths are still happening 

NEW Last updated: November 7, 2020

Public health officials advise seven additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:

• A male in his 50’s from the Winnipeg region;
  • A female in her 60’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Manor;
  • A male in his 60’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria  General Hospital;
  • A male in his 70’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Manor;
  • A female in her 80’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Manor;
  • A female in her 80’s from the Winnipeg region; and
  • A male in his 80’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria  General Hospital;

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.4 per cent and 271 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. which brings the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 7,689.

The test positivity rate in Winnipeg is 9.6 per cent. Officials advise this number does not reflect the situation in other parts of the province, as cases continue to be identified outside Winnipeg.

Today’s data shows:

• 31 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • 22 cases in the Northern health region;
  • 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • 39 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
  • 156 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 4,460 active cases and 3,126 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 159 people in hospital with 23 people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 103.

Laboratory testing numbers show 3,216 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 279,917. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.

Ignorance is bliss with these people, their mentality is the me me me virus that has tagged along with Covid and is going around now, they don't see or wanna see the devastation that is going on not only of people dying of Covid but the stress and burden of people treating and ultimately witnessing so many deaths

The Winnipeg Police Service has launched a “preliminary assessment” of the rash of deaths at the Maples Personal Care Home.

An outbreak of the novel coronavirus has killed 22 people at the for-profit nursing home, including eight deaths during a recent 48-hour stretch.

Also...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/face-masks-don-t-hinder-breathing-during-exercise-canadian-researchers-find-1.5174686

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg