Sept 18 Transactions

M.O.A.B.

Looks like the 2 new guys will start at tackle.

Also of note: Akeem Foster into the starting receiving corps. Apparently Foster, Denmark, Edwards, Kohlert and the kid from Hamilton as our starting corps. 

Is is curious that Sims-Walker isn't starting full time yet?

Also of note: Akeem Foster into the starting receiving corps. Apparently Foster, Denmark, Edwards, Kohlert and the kid from Hamilton as our starting corps. 

I was wondering about him too.  I thought someone said he was in the Banjo Bowl but I don't remember seeing him.

I was wondering about him too.  I thought someone said he was in the Banjo Bowl but I don't remember seeing him.

He played, mostly special teams but got in on a few snaps on offence.

Too bad they couldn't bring in at least one tackle with some CFL experience given they'd be playing after two practices.  Even if these guys are supremely talented it could be a mess out there, although that wouldn't stay too far from the norm.

I feel for Hall.  Not only is his life insurance carrier going to increase his premiums by a whole bunch, but his playbook is going to consist of about three lines. We should check the obits in the Free Press on Saturday morning.

i stand corrected... Paliwoda was released by the Argos yesterday, he was not scooped up from PR

Sept 17

Non-Active

TOR REM UNS  NIP Terriss PALIWODA (OL)    Alberta

You're probably right.  That transaction probably just indicates that the Argos let him go to join our roster.

Last time I can remember us starting two American tackles the same week we brought them in was in 05 when we brought in John Feugill and Dan Goodspeed.  Feugill had played with the Argos before though.  At least one of those guys turned out, hopefully one of these two does.

I don't get why they have to start both new tackles. Why not put Pencer at RT, at guard, and Paliwoda as the 6th OL? Surely it would be better to start the guys who have been here all year and put a new guy in as the 6th OL rather than a starting tackle?

my guess is trial by fire. see what they got (at the risk of a dead qb or 2) during preseason 2014 (which is what this.half of the season essentially is) That or the staff truly believe that they scouted some great prospects OR they feel that our tackles have been so bad that it cant get any worse..

for the record, id have gone with Kowalczuk at guard, pencer at tackle as well but with a morbid curiosity i eagerly await friday to see whats going to happen, lol.

I don't get why they have to start both new tackles. Why not put Pencer at RT, at guard, and Paliwoda as the 6th OL? Surely it would be better to start the guys who have been here all year and put a new guy in as the 6th OL rather than a starting tackle?

my guess is trial by fire. see what they got (at the risk of a dead qb or 2) during preseason 2014 (which is what this.half of the season essentially is) That or the staff truly believe that they scouted some great prospects OR they feel that our tackles have been so bad that it cant get any worse..

for the record, id have gone with Kowalczuk at guard, pencer at tackle as well but with a morbid curiosity i eagerly await friday to see whats going to happen, lol.

Carnage.

That's my expectation. :wacko:

Carnage.

That's my expectation. :wacko:

yea me too.. kinda like watching 2 freight trains on the same track speeding towards each other..

Max Hall might be better served by hitting his hand on a helmet in the first series and getting "injured" for the game....  It would probably clinch his place as a starter after Goltz/Boltus are injured and out for the rest of the year from the beating whomever is behind center is likely to take.

That or we are going to be hearing HOLDING alot tommorrow.

Pencer at RT and Kowalchuk at guard seems to make more sense but who knows with these "braintrust".

If Pencer goes to tackle and gets hurt half way through, then who backs him up?  I don't know, just asking the question.  I do agree that I'd like to see him at tackle.  I think if Swiston hadn't gotten hurt we'd have seen at least one of them starting this week at tackle, something I've wanted to see all year.

Pencer at RT and Kowalchuk at guard seems to make more sense but who knows with these "braintrust".

If Pencer goes to tackle and gets hurt half way through, then who backs him up?  I don't know, just asking the question.  I do agree that I'd like to see him at tackle.  I think if Swiston hadn't gotten hurt we'd have seen at least one of them starting this week at tackle, something I've wanted to see all year.

Would much rather see Knapp backing up and with a plan to juggle the ratio if Pencer got hurt...

Would much rather see Knapp backing up and with a plan to juggle the ratio if Pencer got hurt...

Using an import tackle as a DI?

Okay Bart Andrus.