Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Jets Game Day Experience

Recommended Posts

Jets sent this out to season ticket holders today.   Sellouts aren't a guaranteed thing anymore.  Game day experience is very lack lustre compared to what happens in a lot of other buildings.  It used to be generated organically, but those has slowly been dying out over the last 4 - 5 years.   Maybe 1 game in 10 - 15 has the atmosphere that was in the arena for the first few years.

Constant ticket price increases, concession increases.  Throw in a team that is struggling this year.   Jets are going to have to start working to attract a fan base they've likely taken a bit for granted over the last little while.

https://www.tnse.com/our-company/community-message/

Quote

January 28, 2020
 

Dear Winnipeg Jets & Manitoba Moose Community,
 

In the midst of pursuing a third consecutive berth into the Stanley Cup Playoffs, True North Sports + Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets would like to share this message to express our thanks, reaffirm our commitment, and also update you on a number of initiatives. The timing of this communication is prompted by the humble acknowledgement that we are approaching our 10th NHL season in 2020-21.

To begin, please accept our gratitude and thanks. A 10th anniversary season is testament to the investment of time, money, and emotional energy from our entire community. We refer often to the “collective will” of our community, and we value and appreciate the contributions of all our stakeholders, supporting our teams and organization.

Looking ahead, be assured that the resolve and commitment of True North have remained the same since the Winnipeg Jets returned in 2011, and further still, since True North first established roots in the community with the Manitoba Moose in 1996. More specifically, our day-by-day decisions are guided by our mission to pursue championship calibre hockey, provide a superior guest experience in our venues, care for our employees, and collectively make a meaningful contribution to our community.

While our purpose has remained constant, the method of how we serve and operate has evolved as technology, the industry, standards, and expectations have changed over time. To keep pace, more than $55 million has been invested into Bell MTS Place since 2011, enhancing the guest experience throughout the arena and concourses. Following an intentional draft-and-develop process, player costs have risen to $109 million CAD annually –110% above $52 million CAD spent in 2011. Similarly, fans have also felt the change, seeing a cumulative elevation in ticket prices of 28% during that same nine-year period. Together, we have lived the emotional ups and downs associated with competing at the highest level of hockey in the world.

To assist us in understanding how to manage change further, you may have noticed a renewed focus on fan feedback through a series of ongoing surveys and interacting with fans on the concourses. We have become increasingly aware of a growing sentiment related to ticket prices, the cost of food and beverages, mobile ticketing, elevated security measures, and of course, team performance.

Therefore, with improved understanding from this feedback, while remaining committed to our longer-term mission and planning that ensures long-term viability of the Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose in Winnipeg for future generations, several tangible changes are upcoming. These will include:

  • Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose fans will see the immediate adoption of Fan Favourites pricing, reducing the price on fan favourite items like beer, fountain pop, water, popcorn and pizza by an average of 30%, at Bell MTS Place.
  • The overall average ticket increase for the 2020-21 season for the Winnipeg Jets has been set at 2.1%, our lowest increase in six years.
  • More than $9 million of venue improvements have been planned for the summer of 2020, highlighted by the addition of on-ice projection, and continuing concourse enhancements started in recent years, including an extensive renovation in the area that is currently The Exchange Restaurant.

Thank you again for being a big part of the Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose community – as we look forward to a playoff push this season and entering our 10th season in 2020-21 together.

 
With appreciation,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sign some meaningful & impactful free agents on July 1st. The Draft & Develop over the past decade hasn't worked out. Get a team that is a contender & not a pretender & the atmosphere & sellouts will come back. 

Imo, the best GM's know how to blend both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's a shame that people are already forgetting what it's like to not have NHL hockey at all.....

I think it's more of a case of the city having a much larger amount of casual fair weather fans then true NHL/Jets fans.  Same thing happens with the Blue Bombers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sign some meaningful & impactful free agents on July 1st. The Draft & Develop over the past decade hasn't worked out. Get a team that is a contender & not a pretender & the atmosphere & sellouts will come back. 

The draft and develop hasn't worked...? You can't be serious. Scheifele*, Ehlers, Morrissey, Connor, Laine*, Hellebuyck*^… Off the top of my head, there are half a dozen major pieces of this team that were drafted and developed.

The problems this season stem from what happened in the off-season. Losing half the blue line to free agency and having Byfuglien screw over the team are why the Jets are where they are at this juncture. This team's defensive identity is a shell of what it once was, special teams are a train wreck, and the system has been compromised with no realistic solution in sight to salvage the season.

There's no doubt Cheveldayoff has some important decisions to make and he'll likely need to scoop up a piece or two to bulk up the blue line for next season. But to suggest the model in place hasn't worked because the team is struggling this season smacks of ignorance.

Anyway, the lowering in prices of concessions seems like a meh attempt by TNSE to quiet the dissatisfaction of what's likely to be a lost 2019-20 campaign. I'm all for more reasonable prices for refreshments but ticket prices are slated to rise for the 2020-21 season, so I'm curious what the difference might be for those with tickets.

* All-Star nod(s)
^ Vezina nods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JCon said:

I've avoided Jets games because I cannot be assured that, after putting out that much money, the game is going to be any good. 

I feel this way over buying Center Ice this year and not bothering to watch games. Can't imagine how folks who live inn Winnipeg feel about dropping the same money for a night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I hear that but to me all teams do that. Were the Jets a D&D the last 2 years when they traded their 1st round pick?

It's not like the development of players just stops, either. Morrissey, Connor, Laine, Hellebuyck all continued their development during the Jets' success of the last two seasons. They also were able to draft players during that time. Heinola, for example.

So, yes. Drafting and developing doesn't end simply because a team gears up for a playoff run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been to only 5 games in my life and only one of them I attended they won. And I kind of feel that even a boring game is better than not being at a game. Remember nearly ten years ago when people would have given up their right leg to go to a game?

are more people going to ICE games than to jets games? and if so what do they have that the jets don't aside from a chance at the playoffs

 

this is going to look so good on center ice 

Winnipeg Jets 10th Anniversary logo

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Winnipeg has the second highest ticket prices in the league which is a factor. Plus to be honest, TNSE has been able to get away with the fans are excited that they have a team, we don't have to do much mode for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The draft and develop hasn't worked...? You can't be serious. Scheifele*, Ehlers, Morrissey, Connor, Laine*, Hellebuyck*^… Off the top of my head, there are half a dozen major pieces of this team that were drafted and developed.

The problems this season stem from what happened in the off-season. Losing half the blue line to free agency and having Byfuglien screw over the team are why the Jets are where they are at this juncture. This team's defensive identity is a shell of what it once was, special teams are a train wreck, and the system has been compromised with no realistic solution in sight to salvage the season.

There's no doubt Cheveldayoff has some important decisions to make and he'll likely need to scoop up a piece or two to bulk up the blue line for next season. But to suggest the model in place hasn't worked because the team is struggling this season smacks of ignorance.

Anyway, the lowering in prices of concessions seems like a meh attempt by TNSE to quiet the dissatisfaction of what's likely to be a lost 2019-20 campaign. I'm all for more reasonable prices for refreshments but ticket prices are slated to rise for the 2020-21 season, so I'm curious what the difference might be for those with tickets.

* All-Star nod(s)
^ Vezina nods

It made us contenders for two seasons. Now, we're slipping. Next year is the tenth season in the NHL & yes we have some really good players but it's more like 7 seasons of futility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe Winnipeg has the second highest ticket prices in the league which is a factor. Plus to be honest, TNSE has been able to get away with the fans are excited that they have a team, we don't have to do much mode for too long.

How long will it be before the Jets want a new & bigger building?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I believe Winnipeg has the second highest ticket prices in the league which is a factor. Plus to be honest, TNSE has been able to get away with the fans are excited that they have a team, we don't have to do much mode for too long.

Not ticket prices but i remember concession prices at one time were labeled 2nd highest. Not surprisinge considering size of arena. You got to make up for shortfall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games are all on TV. The future of sports is likely ppl staying home to watch. Personally i try to get to 3 or 4 Jets games a year, this season? 1 so far and ill be honest the product on the ice was not worth the over 250 bucks for 2 of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-28 at 10:35 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Not ticket prices but i remember concession prices at one time were labeled 2nd highest. Not surprisinge considering size of arena. You got to make up for shortfall.

 

An extra 2000 seats likely way up top in the legit nosebleeds would be the cheapest ticket. 

If ppl didn't buy 10 dollar beers they wouldn't sell any. Supply and Demand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...